Battle of the RED DAWGS - Carthage vs. Kilgore - 3A Div. I STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

DawgDaze

Which DAWGS bite Harder??  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins THE STATE TITLE

• Kilgore Bulldogs
    • Carthage Bulldogs

Of course to you it wasn't. You haven't been to 4 State Championships and watch all of those teams flail and flop before taking their last gasp against Carthage. Enough Post-mortem.

I have been on the multi-state championship side. And when an overmatched opponent comes back in the fourth quarter, especially in the state championship, I give them props for not giving up.

Carthage is a top-notch football team and Surratt has done a very good of building a powerhouse program. Congratulations again.

Congratulations Scott Surratt & Co.

7 SEASONS = 102 Games, 87 Wins, 15 Losses. Winning percentage 85.29%!!!

Carthage Bulldogs 2013

#1 ranked offense of 7 seasons with 45.06 PPG average.

#5 ranked defense of 7 seasons with 18.94 PPG allowed.

Ric Renner and Randy Rodgers,FOXSSW, said that Coach Surratt has a 30-3 playoff record.

Congrats Kilgore on playing a good game and showing great sportsmanship! I hate that Kilgore fans got offended by Carthage's actions after the game, that should not have happen by Carthage's players. However, Kilgore fans singing "We are the Champions and Na na na heeeeyyyyy goodbye" at halftime.....that was classless, priceless, and very humorous to watch them have to swallow their cockiness at the end of the game! Congrats to Carthage on 4 rings in 6 years!

I didn't realize that Surratt was the OC for Texas High prior to becoming the HC at Carthage. He has had Mike Wood's # now for the third time considering that we played Texas High twice and lost both times.

Yes he was the OC there when they won state..

And he has a lot of coaches numbers especially when it comes to big games he does his homework....

It wouldn't suprise me if some big name colleges come and try to snatch him like they did Chad Morris...Surratt is a great offensive scheme guy..

Kilgore fans singing "We are the Champions and Na na na heeeeyyyyy goodbye" at halftime.....that was classless, priceless, and very humorous to watch them have to swallow their cockiness at the end of the game!

They started that last year doing it the last 2-3 games. I believe the people who made that decision are well-intentioned in wanting to boost spirit but missed in song selection. I agree that playing those two songs used at halftime is inappropriate.

Yes he was the OC there when they won state..

And he has a lot of coaches numbers especially when it comes to big games he does his homework....

It wouldn't suprise me if some big name colleges come and try to snatch him like they did Chad Morris...Surratt is a great offensive scheme guy..

I agree. The few times I've watched Carthage they mix it up real well on offense and he must do a good job with his QBs because they always play well, the one they had few yrs ago, short guy about 5'8 but man he was a player. I keep telling everyone that UT should hire Chad Morris he wins everywhere he goes but i don't think he is a big enough name for them right now.

I would like to say congrats to the Kilgore Coaches and Players on a very good season.

I think the biggest problem is Carthage hit Kilgore directly in the mouth and won this game and SOME of you Kilgore fans did not expect it. All I heard this week is you better "respect the K", "Kilgore's Defense will stop Carthage" and "Carthage can not stop Kilgore's running game". Now all I am hearing is how one kid from Carthage "maybe" taunted Kilgore after the game and now the entire team is being labeled... If that did happen and maybe it did, Surratt will take care of it. All the players in this game today are still kids and none of them are perfect! MY CARTHAGE DAWGS ARE THE CHAMPS!!!

Like aggie98 said if Carthage has a weakness, we didn't see it. Great team and deserve the championship, But I do take exception to you saying " I think the biggest problem is all I heard this week is you better respect the K" blah blah blah...................why is that a problem? This is a smack talking board. That's what posters from both sides were doing................talking smack. That shouldn't be " a problem"............man up and be a classy champion.

Be Classy? I said nothing wrong that would not make me classy... I gave congrats to Kilgore first then stated my opinion, so yes I gave respect to Kilgore. Not once did I say anything about the Kilgore team. Posters keep HARPING on what ONE Carthage kid who may or may not have done what is being said he done.

Apparently Kilgore can say what they want but if a Carthage Fan says any thing we have no class. The Kilgore fans were singing the songs at halftime and that is classy??? I am done with this topic... Carthage won and I am on cloud 9! This next statement is not directed at the Kilgore team but some of the Fans... If I, as a Carthage fan, need to man up and be a classy Champion then SOME Kilgore Fans need to man up and loose with class.

Scotland........I saw your team practicing, but had to leave earlier than I wanted too. Grandchildren we are raising were being kept by a friend and we needed to get home. I recorded ya'lls game, but haven't had an opportunity to watch it yet. Heard ya'll took it to the house! Congratulations to the Eagles Too! The Dawgs are in an almost total rebuild next year, but I understand we are both moving to division 1, so who knows, we may meet again too!

Be Classy? I said nothing wrong that would not make me classy... I gave congrats to Kilgore first then stated my opinion, so yes I gave respect to Kilgore. Not once did I say anything about the Kilgore team. Posters keep HARPING on what ONE Carthage kid who may or may not have done what is being said he done.

Apparently Kilgore can say what they want but if a Carthage Fan says any thing we have no class. The Kilgore fans were singing the songs at halftime and that is classy??? I am done with this topic... Carthage won and I am on cloud 9! This next statement is not directed at the Kilgore team but some of the Fans... If I, as a Carthage fan, need to man up and be a classy Champion then SOME Kilgore Fans need to man up and loose with class.

Look, if u and daceo can't take trash talk on a trash talk MB, then may I politely suggest, u both stay off of them till u can grow up and man up?

You have you opinion and I have mine but if my opinion disagrees with your opinion, I need to grow up and man up and stay off Smoaky. What in my post did you find offensive and/or childish? What in my post did you find that would make you think I am not man? As far as you suggesting me to stay off Smoaky.... Not happening

I will say this again "apparently Kilgore fans can say what they want but if a Carthage fan says any thing we have no class".

For know what my name got to so wit this I'm not upset about any trash talk I was stating that Kilgore fans where chest beating all through out playoffs and just crowning Kilgore the winner and not even caring about who they played

I'm just saying whatever number 80 did I think nothing was wrong

For know what my name got to so wit this I'm not upset about any trash talk I was stating that Kilgore fans where chest beating all through out playoffs and just crowning Kilgore the winner and not even caring about who they played

I'm just saying whatever number 80 did I think nothing was wrong

Shut up!

For know what my name got to so withis I'm not upset about any trash talk I was stating that Kilgore fans where chest beating all through out playoffs and just crowning Kilgore the winner and not even caring about who they played I'm just saying whatever number 80 did I think nothing was wrong

Yeah yall won but did not shut down Kilgore!!! Say what u want THE BEST TEAM LOST YESTERDAY!!! Congrats on the win

For know what my name got to so withis I'm not upset about any trash talk I was stating that Kilgore fans where chest beating all through out playoffs and just crowning Kilgore the winner and not even caring about who they played I'm just saying whatever number 80 did I think nothing was wrong

Yeah yall won but did not shut down Kilgore!!! Say what u want THE BEST TEAM LOST YESTERDAY!!! Congrats on the win