Battle of the RED DAWGS - Carthage vs. Kilgore - 3A Div. I STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

DawgDaze

Which DAWGS bite Harder??  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins THE STATE TITLE

• Kilgore Bulldogs
    • Carthage Bulldogs

Yeah yall won but did not shut down Kilgore!!! Say what u want THE BEST TEAM LOST YESTERDAY!!! Congrats on the win

Yeah yall won but did not shut down Kilgore!!! Say what u want THE BEST TEAM LOST YESTERDAY!!! Congrats on the win

Please tell me more about Kilgore being the best team...

No alcohol or drugs...Just stating the facts!!! I did give CONGRATS to the carthage puppies didnt I?

I was pulling for the 'K'....But your in denial if you think the best team lost...Carthage had 2 turnovers against none for the 'K' and they also had some bad calls...They still won give credit where credit is due!!

No alcohol or drugs...Just stating the facts!!! I did give CONGRATS to the carthage puppies didnt I?

I was rooting for Kilgore but man did u really watch the game? It was close but Carthage much better than I expected! Kilgore was in trouble from the jump. They really didn't have answer for Carthage on offense or defense.

1. Carthage

2. Argyle

2b. Fairfield

4. Kilgore

5. Gilmer

...best 3A teams this year

I was rooting for Kilgore but man did u really watch the game? It was close but Carthage much better than I expected! Kilgore was in trouble from the jump. They really didn't have answer for Carthage on offense or defense.

I think Argyle is better than Carthage by 7 points.

1. Carthage

2. Argyle

2b. Fairfield

4. Kilgore

5. Gilmer

KDOGS95 sounds like he is as mad as the Kilgore coach was after the game! Carthage puppies(aka Dawgs) took care of the wonderful Kilgore offense and defensive lines, and did pretty decent against the wonderful running game that we heard about weeks before the game! Congrats on making it to the state game, the are many teams that would like to be in that position. Great season Kilgore!

1. Carthage

2. Argyle

2b. Fairfield

4. Kilgore

5. Gilmer

And the UNDISPUTED KING of the District of DOOM RETURNS to his THRONE !!!!!!!'

I haven't posted anything the entire week. I've just sat back, relaxed, and read everything you guys have been posting, but......

The fact that some of you adults are mad about what a kid did is ridiculous. Carthage got talked down on so darn bad last week it's crazy. I'm not saying what he did was right BUT the under dogs came out on top and some of you Kilgore fans just can't let us (Carthage fans) make it. And what do you (Kilgore fans) have to say about your HC and coaching staff not shaking Surratt's hand at the end of the game?????

It was an amazing game and I congratulate Kilgore on a great season. Knowing that Carthage was expected to lose but won makes this win even more sweeter! I couldn't be more proud of my Dawgs!!! ONCE A BULLDOG, ALWAYS A BULLDOG!!!!

Coach did right at the time , tensions were high after the "kid" came into his face, Woody did shake surratts hand eventually when it calmed down . But we appreciate the incentive for the next meeting ,!!

The "kid " might want to change his number .

Coaching isn't just X's and O 's.

I was pulling for the 'K'....But your in denial if you think the best team lost...Carthage had 2 turnovers against none for the 'K' and they also had some bad calls...They still won give credit where credit is due!!

Kilgore came away empty handed twice in Carthage territory with missed field goals. Dropped a sure INT, missed a golden opportunity on a bone head trick play fumble by Carthage, etc.

Neither team played their best. Both played hard. Where Carthage won was the O Line. Carthage was not leaps and bounds ahead of Kilgore though as some are claiming. Better? Yeah.

Kilgore came away empty handed twice in Carthage territory with missed field goals. Dropped a sure INT, missed a golden opportunity on a bone head trick play fumble by Carthage, etc.

Neither team played their best. Both played hard. Where Carthage won was the O Line. Carthage was not leaps and bounds ahead of Kilgore though as some are claiming. Better? Yeah.

My mom was at the game and, I told her that same thing at halftime that the defensive line needed to create some pressure and sack the QB.

I think Kilgore may have been better off at running the 3-4 which we have done over the years in order to get a little more exotic blitzes but oh well.

I agree Carthage's O Line was very good....You could also add that Carthage was on the 1 yard line and didn't score twice....But good game by both teams like I said I was pulling for Kilgore because I have so many ties but telling it the way I seen it....Great great season by both teams..

The Defensive Player of the Year in Class 3A according to the Associated Press was Jordan Wells, the outstanding Defensive Lineman from Navasota. I bet if anyone had asked him before last week's game if the great Kilgore defensive front was going to be able to get pressure on the Carthage QB, he would have predicted exactly what ended up happening based on his last high school game in November. That game was the one in which his team was eliminated from the playoffs by the eventual state champions. I don't remember him touching Mr. Bogenschutz that entire night other than to shake his hand before and after the game. If he did, it wasn't in the Carthage backfield.

We tried to tell all Kilgore homers and those picking Kilgore that there front four would not get the job done but y'all were sure y'all would be able to get pressure since y'all have been all season long but Carthage offensive front were some of the best in the state in my opinion

"We tried to tell all Kilgore homers"......really? What did you expect our smack talkers to say/ O ok yes u will kick our butts/ lol