Battle of the RED DAWGS - Carthage vs. Kilgore - 3A Div. I STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

DawgDaze

Which DAWGS bite Harder??  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins THE STATE TITLE

• Kilgore Bulldogs
    • Carthage Bulldogs

Was a catch. This guy is a homer. If not for the officiating it ends up being a blowout. A blind man in the dark with trash bag on his head could have made that call. Instead the line judge from across the field let Wood and his staff talk him into looking like an idiot.

So far I have only been able to make myself watch the first half. Yes, it was a good catch. I've tried to tell where the officials were when the play happened.....maybe the official who made the original call figured the other official had a better angle.

Was a catch. This guy is a homer. If not for the officiating it ends up being a blowout. A blind man in the dark with trash bag on his head could have made that call. Instead the line judge from across the field let Wood and his staff talk him into looking like an idiot.

There you are! I've been wondering when you were going to weigh in on this controversial call....

A Letter to the Editor from Ben Williams of Longview printed in today's Longview News-Journal:

What a game between Carthage and Kilgore. I slightly favored Kilgore only because Carthage has its share of crowns.

Did anyone see Carthage get the ball in the third quarter with good field position, throw on first down, get a big play, and run the next play for a touchdown? This is an excellent example of being aggressive and taking advantage of good field position.

Did anyone see Carthage on its last drive keep the chains moving and seal the deal with a touchdown? That's championship stuff, getting the job done.

This game validated my point (letters, Dec. 15) that running the football when behind three scores takes time, and will get you beat.

You can't be down three scores against a good football team and waste time running the football a lot. It's bad enough to have to score in a certain time frame. The defense has its hands full and needs to make several stops.

While I'm happy for Carthage, Kilgore showed no sense of urgency. They looked like they thought they had all day to try to win that game. It looked eerily similar to some past Lobo games.

A Letter to the Editor from Ben Williams of Longview printed in today's Longview News-Journal:

What a game between Carthage and Kilgore. I slightly favored Kilgore only because Carthage has its share of crowns.

Did anyone see Carthage get the ball in the third quarter with good field position, throw on first down, get a big play, and run the next play for a touchdown? This is an excellent example of being aggressive and taking advantage of good field position.

Did anyone see Carthage on its last drive keep the chains moving and seal the deal with a touchdown? That's championship stuff, getting the job done.

This game validated my point (letters, Dec. 15) that running the football when behind three scores takes time, and will get you beat.

You can't be down three scores against a good football team and waste time running the football a lot. It's bad enough to have to score in a certain time frame. The defense has its hands full and needs to make several stops.

While I'm happy for Carthage, Kilgore showed no sense of urgency. They looked like they thought they had all day to try to win that game. It looked eerily similar to some past Lobo games.

Carthage takes CARE of ITS business... That's how they got those Crowns!