3A Division II Championship ARGYLE (15-0) vs FAIRFIELD (15-0)

ADKargyleTCU12

Championship  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which Eagle Wins?

• Argyle
    • Fairfield

I'm curious to see what y'all's response will be when Fairfield beats Argyle more then y'all did Gilmer. Maybe it was just a round three game.

42-24 Fairfield

Argyle has five D1 commits at big programs, curious to know what Fairfield has....that will tell me everything I need to know. Argyle 34-14

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argyle has five D1 commits at big programs, curious to know what Fairfield has....that will tell me everything I need to know. Argyle 34-14

I know the Sadler kid is going to Texas Tech, the LB who tore his ACL is going to Kansas State, and the free safety is going to Tech as well. What other 2 are committed to D1 schools? Just interested, because I saw Argyle play for the first time the other night against Graham, and just interested to know which players they were. As for the game I see Argyle winning this game by 2 TD's with that defense being way too much for Fairfield.

I know the Sadler kid is going to Texas Tech, the LB who tore his ACL is going to Kansas State, and the free safety is going to Tech as well. What other 2 are committed to D1 schools? Just interested, because I saw Argyle play for the first time the other night against Graham, and just interested to know which players they were. As for the game I see Argyle winning this game by 2 TD's with that defense being way too much for Fairfield.

The kicker is going to Arkansas.

Hedlund is going to Arkansas, Capra hasn't decided between Air Force and Army. Henrichs and Castle have been talking to D1's as well but that's not firm so I'm not mentioning any schools. Don't want to jinx it for the kids.

I'm curious to see what y'all's response will be when Fairfield beats Argyle more then y'all did Gilmer. Maybe it was just a round three game.

42-24 Fairfield

i been givin this game some serious study

1. comparing the opponents of each team i give BIG EDGE to argill.....when you beat the likes of celina, mellisa, gilmer is not the same as beating center, palistine and diball.

2. navasota win...they not the same team as last year that for sure...carthage destroyed them last week....argill can play close with carthge and maby beat them.

3. argill beat gilmer which is the most quality win of both teams

4. argill has the wepond of a field gold kicker who can kick 50 plus yards. if argill can get to fairfielf 30 to 35 they will come away with points od some kind every time.

5. coaches, coaches coaches....argill has one of the best....he sure out coached gilmers over last 4 years

i cannot say this will be a BIG BLOW OUT but i have no dought argill will win by 2 plus tds....if someone was giving me fairfield and 16 points i would take argill

i will be watching it on tv right after watching kilgore from the DOD beat carhage....and i will be routing for argill and scottie and reagl and all the yppies up there :wub: :coolio: :D

1. comparing the opponents of each team i give BIG EDGE to argill.....when you beat the likes of celina, mellisa, gilmer is not the same as beating center, palistine and diball.

2. navasota win...they not the same team as last year that for sure...carthage destroyed them last week....argill can play close with carthge and maby beat them.

4. argill has the wepond of a field gold kicker who can kick 50 plus yards. if argill can get to fairfielf 30 to 35 they will come away with points od some kind every time.

5. coaches, coaches coaches....argill has one of the best....he sure out coached gilmers over last 4 years

i cannot say this will be a BIG BLOW OUT but i have no dought argill will win by 2 plus tds....if someone was giving me fairfield and 16 points i would take argill

i will be watching it on tv right after watching kilgore from the DOD beat carhage....and i will be routing for argill and scottie and reagl and all the yppies up there :wub: :coolio: :D

+1000. Outstanding!

I pick Argyle but what Argyle has to worry about is Fairfield equal to Navasota of last year if so then no one can beat them.

I have to agree with Jackpot on this game. This is Argyle's year and I don't believe anyone or anything will stop them from raising that State Championship Trophy!!!

Good luck Argyle!!! Although I can't get off work to be there in person, I will be cheering you on!!!!

I have to agree with Jackpot on this game. This is Argyle's year and I don't believe anyone or anything will stop them from raising that State Championship Trophy!!!

Good luck Argyle!!! Although I can't get off work to be there in person, I will be cheering you on!!!!

Thanks GolfingNut! I was hoping for an even more devastating prediction from the legendary jackpots, but we are delighted with the support of the DOD in any case! With the time honored forecast of the great one now on the board, would I be overreaching to see if you all had a little of that TDH left over to share with your old Argyllian friends for such an occasion?!? We would use it with great respect and discretion and our full promise not to enrich it in any way that we might harm any DOD member with it in the future! Merry Christmas to you both and to all in Buckeye and Bear and other DOD country!

Just want to say thanks to the mods on this site for keeping it real and respectful. Some sites let anything and everything go. I'm a long time reader but not much on posting. Game on for both teams. Injury free and safe travel to one and all.

Great thoughts sir and glad to have them here! Smoaky, not unlike all of these fine teams, is at the top of his game indeed with this board!

Fairfield run has been easier all you have to do is look at the schedule and check the records. Only time will tell if that makes a difference.

All goes out the window come 4pm on Friday.

I have seen both teams play (Gilmer/Argyle and Argyle/Graham) and of course all Fairfield games and I am very impressed with both teams. I will say that Argyle doesn't have anything Fairield hasn't faced yet (great defense, great QB, balanced offense), but they will both be there ready to play.

Although Argyle has seen stiffer competition in the playoffs, I don't think any of them can match the Fairfield Offense. Rockdale keyed on Larry Rose and stopped the run and Fairfield started passing when Rockdale knew it was coming. A few strikes downfield and there goes Larry Rose. You can't key on one aspect of Fairfields offense or it will be a touchdown over and over again. All you can do is hope to slow them down.

Argyle vs. Graham was a dominant effort by the Argyle Defense. Argyle has great defensive backs that can close the gap quickly.

Fairfield Defense is the best I have ever seen in a small school. QB's are not running against this defense....just not going to happen, but I do expect some long yardage completions against them unless Argyle offense can't run the ball.

I have seen a lot of talk about the Argyle Defensive line going to dominate Fairfields line.....It will look like it from the stands, but Fairfield lets certain guys go through on certain plays....they do it on purpose, it opens the line up and Rose hits the hole or QB will roll out knowing he has three guys on his tail. Pursue the Fairfield QB and your in trouble. The screen will go right back to where they vacated and the race is on and the linemen will be blocking all the way to the endzone.

It is going to be a great game with two very talented teams. Fairfield will take it 42-20

HAHA I highly doubt that Fairfield is any where close to last years Navasota team.

Just wondering. Last year nobody knew much about Navasota compared to Gilmer, Carthage and the rest of really good east tx teams. Fairfield has gotten some posts on here throughout the year but not a lot .Kaufman scrimmage them and I know that's different than a real game but heard from some Kaufman parents that Fairfield is no joke.The thing about Fairfield is this their 1st rodeo and will they implode if they get behind early which is something they haven't experienced this year. Argyle has been in this spot before, quite a bit the last few yrs.which i think will give them the edge.

Just wondering. Last year nobody knew much about Navasota compared to Gilmer, Carthage and the rest of really good east tx teams. Fairfield has gotten some posts on here throughout the year but not a lot .Kaufman scrimmage them and I know that's different than a real game but heard from some Kaufman parents that Fairfield is no joke.The thing about Fairfield is this their 1st rodeo and will they implode if they get behind early which is something they haven't experienced this year. Argyle has been in this spot before, quite a bit the last few yrs.which i think will give them the edge.

Correct...Argyle has been in this spot before.....but how did that turn out? My point being, no team has won without losing out a few years?

I know Argyle has the edge here. I got it. Stronger schedule...more experience....etc. etc........But unless you have watched these guys and see how they are coached, talk to them one on one, watch how they can adjust to anything, and know what is driving them, nothing else matters. IF, we are talking about experience, then why doesn't it go both ways.....Argyle is experienced in the playoffs and therefore have the edge.....but will Fairfield IMPLODE if they get behind because it is not something they are accustomed to this year???? Seems to me if the logic is correct, it should not have any affect on them if they get behind because they have experience losing. Right?

All goes out the window come 4pm on Friday.

I have seen both teams play (Gilmer/Argyle and Argyle/Graham) and of course all Fairfield games and I am very impressed with both teams. I will say that Argyle doesn't have anything Fairield hasn't faced yet (great defense, great QB, balanced offense), but they will both be there ready to play.

Although Argyle has seen stiffer competition in the playoffs, I don't think any of them can match the Fairfield Offense. Rockdale keyed on Larry Rose and stopped the run and Fairfield started passing when Rockdale knew it was coming. A few strikes downfield and there goes Larry Rose. You can't key on one aspect of Fairfields offense or it will be a touchdown over and over again. All you can do is hope to slow them down.

Argyle vs. Graham was a dominant effort by the Argyle Defense. Argyle has great defensive backs that can close the gap quickly.

Fairfield Defense is the best I have ever seen in a small school. QB's are not running against this defense....just not going to happen, but I do expect some long yardage completions against them unless Argyle offense can't run the ball.

I have seen a lot of talk about the Argyle Defensive line going to dominate Fairfields line.....It will look like it from the stands, but Fairfield lets certain guys go through on certain plays....they do it on purpose, it opens the line up and Rose hits the hole or QB will roll out knowing he has three guys on his tail. Pursue the Fairfield QB and your in trouble. The screen will go right back to where they vacated and the race is on and the linemen will be blocking all the way to the endzone.

It is going to be a great game with two very talented teams. Fairfield will take it 42-20.

Fairfield's top two players: Bryson Gates OLB/WR - Committed to Colorado State. Larry Rose RB/DB - No offers. I'll stick with my original pick Argyle 35-14...If Sizelove the Kansas State Commit was playing I would probably go up to a 28 pt win, he's simply that good. Argyle has to much depth, more impact players and in my opinion the championship game was a few weeks ago when Argyle played Gilmer!

to scottie and regal and all the other yuppies there....I don't want to siderract this argil-Fairfield posting but everyone I talked to in gilmer wants us to play each other in non districk games but it is up to the coaches ....since I don't have our coaches ear maby he tunes in and give us what the fans want....he probally wont but that is what we want....we could meet in half way place like Greenville or sulfur springs or terral .....COACH GIVE US WHAT WE WANT FOR A CHANGE :P :D :lol: