3A Division II Championship ARGYLE (15-0) vs FAIRFIELD (15-0)

ADKargyleTCU12

Championship  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which Eagle Wins?

• Argyle
    • Fairfield

Just letting the person know who said "Argyle has no heart", your post has been blown up and hangs in the Argyle Eagles locker room. They will be bringing it to ATT stadium for inspiration. Thanks for the additional motivation.

Who's the knot head that posting such nonsense. Anyone with any sense knows that a team with no heart doesn't go far into the playoffs, let alone the state championship game.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just letting the person know who said "Argyle has no heart", your post has been blown up and hangs in the Argyle Eagles locker room. They will be bringing it to ATT stadium for inspiration. Thanks for the additional motivation.

I seriously do not believe a football team as good as Argyle is really is paying attention to this forum. This is the state championship and they are and should only be focused on the game. Words on a forum are the least of worries for both of these great teams. Line up Frday, knock heads and the winner will be crowned. I love reading Smoakhouse but I'm not a player. Travel safe to one and all, injury free.

I can say we down here at eagle land south don't need to say anything to motivate those in Argyle they are plenty good enough don't need any more motivation! We noticed that Gilmer win which was big!

Got on here just to ask that Argyle fan who said Argyle by 42 did you see the AP first team list yesterday? All that talk about strength of schedule stuff did it go by wayside yet? It is possible that either team could get handle on the other due to turnovers and blow out other but I guess unlikely and to be honest I hope our boys win and if not I hope they make an honorable accounting for themselves and our home town!

Go Fairfield Eagles

And good luck to all of you in Argyle it's almost Christmas and our boys are still playing football!

I seriously do not believe a football team as good as Argyle is really is paying attention to this forum. This is the state championship and they are and should only be focused on the game. Words on a forum are the least of worries for both of these great teams. Line up Frday, knock heads and the winner will be crowned. I love reading Smoakhouse but I'm not a player. Travel safe to one and all, injury free.

+1. Well said sir and what a slate of championship games!!! Lifetime of memories ahead for players, coaches, and fans! Had I ever made it to the stage that they will grace, I would have had to retire, as talking about the event would have dominated all my time!

I can say we down here at eagle land south don't need to say anything to motivate those in Argyle they are plenty good enough don't need any more motivation! We noticed that Gilmer win which was big!

Got on here just to ask that Argyle fan who said Argyle by 42 did you see the AP first team list yesterday? All that talk about strength of schedule stuff did it go by wayside yet? It is possible that either team could get handle on the other due to turnovers and blow out other but I guess unlikely and to be honest I hope our boys win and if not I hope they make an honorable accounting for themselves and our home town!

Go Fairfield Eagles

And good luck to all of you in Argyle it's almost Christmas and our boys are still playing football!

+1. Safe travels to you all! Merry Christmas!

I am pulling for Argyle but I am impressed with the way Fairfield has played this season. In a game like this one it is sad that there has to be a losing team. The kids on both teams are winners and should hold their heads high, win or lose. I expect this game to be very close either way and will be one of the best if not the best SC game this year. I pray that no kids will have injuries and that all the fans will have a safe trip to the game and back to their homes. Texas high school football is the best in the country.

There has been all this talk from both teams about only having to play the starters for the 1st half and so on.IMO, both teams better be ready to play 4 quarters Friday.I can understand Argyle being to favorite from the Statewide media. Being from the same County as Fairfield don't think this team isn't coming to Jerry's world not expecting to win.Throw out all those stats because this is going to be a war.

Just being named among the best 3a teams and playing on this stage, we down here are living a dream, never been here before it's the talk of the town, guess we should have many that will make the trip for all the kids my nephew plays in band and my daughter has grown up with many of players we realize it's real hard to get this far and it could be a long time for return run at it!

I got to watch some film now on both teams.Both are very good.To me argyle is just better.O line and D line argyle is just better.This game will not be close.Argyle wins easy.I don't really care who wins but it's just what I've seen.Hope its a great game and all the kids stay injury free.

I'm a native of the Coastal Bend area of Texas, so I can certainly relate to all the good folks down in Fairfield having such a special feeling about this year's special team. There's tons of support statewide for FF to win it, and if I had never lived in Argyle and been a big Argyle Eagle supporter, maybe I'd be on that FF bandwagon too! Believe me, the Argyle fans RESPECT what Fairfield has been able to accomplish this season. We've played them in basketball before, so we are not umfamiliar with that town. They have had some good basketball teams in the past. They know us too. This game should be a very hard-fought battle for supremacy in 3A on the Gridiron of Glory for all to witness. THE GRIDIRON OF GLORY...is there a better name for it???

Noticed in games played today that the skill offensive players eventually took over the game defenses could only hold them back for so long, if same happens tomorrow question is which one or two players and which team? It should be fun

The best skill player on the field will be Rose followed closely by Sadler. Should be a great game. This will be the best team Argyle has played since the Gilmer game. The difference being the Fairfield Defense is better than Gilmer's.

Okay, I'm anxious to see this Fairfield Eagles team 2013. BTW, Argyle did win against Gilmer, and sat down on the last series deep in Gilmer's territory to kill the clock. I'd love to see this team that compares better than this season's Gilmer team. Haven't seen one yet. Seems like everybody is convinced Fairfield is so much better just because of stats. Argyle says HI and will welcome FF to the big stage with open arms...so to speak.

Lol. We will see tomorrow. I'm pretty sure he will be shut down. Sadler will probably get his, but big boy won't get much against this D.

This one will be close. Fairfield 35 Argyle 31.

just got back in town....i did'n think he would( big boy ) get much against my buckyes but was i wrong...just wanted to say good luck to argil tomorrow.....and good luck to scottie. regal and all the other yuppies there....my perdickion.....BLOW OUT.....ARGILL 52...FAIRFIELD 21...argill takes a knee in last minent not like that refuego bunch did to waskon last week and threw for the endzone to score 69 points :mad: :ph34r: :mad:

just got back in town....i did'n think he would( big boy ) get much against my buckyes but was i wrong...just wanted to say good luck to argil tomorrow.....and good luck to scottie. regal and all the other yuppies there....my perdickion.....BLOW OUT.....ARGILL 52...FAIRFIELD 21...argill takes a knee in last minent not like that refuego bunch did to waskon last week and threw for the endzone to score 69 points :mad: :ph34r: :mad:

I think you're wrong Jack. Gilmer's D gave up points to the likes of 2A Daingerfield, Chapel hill, lost to Kilgore. Fairfield hasn't given up Points to anybody this year. The Navasota game was the only game the starters played past the 3rd qtr. I'm going with the country boys over your city boys.