3A Division II Championship ARGYLE (15-0) vs FAIRFIELD (15-0)

ADKargyleTCU12

Championship  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which Eagle Wins?

• Argyle
    • Fairfield

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that is kind of unique about this Fairfield team, is that most of their key offensive players, start or play a lot on the defensive side of the ball and have done so the entire season. I'm saying QB, RB, and WR's. All of these young men are amazing athletes and all understand that to be successful it will take 110% from the entire team. Fairfield being a small 3A, they will not have the depth that Argyle will bring, but they will bring a determined attitude.

Over 100 of Fairfield's Offensive touchdowns this season were scored by Defensive starters. This is a Special Team and Coaching Staff. Go Eagles!!!

YOU DO TOO CONTROL YOUR SCHEDULING! SERIOUSLY?!

Yes, seriously. 2 or 3 pf the teams they scheduled in non district were playoff teams the year before, including defending champion Navasota. They had no control over their schedule in the playoffs. They took care of business. Hopefully, they will take care of business again on Friday.

One thing that is kind of unique about this Fairfield team, is that most of their key offensive players, start or play a lot on the defensive side of the ball and have done so the entire season. I'm saying QB, RB, and WR's. All of these young men are amazing athletes and all understand that to be successful it will take 110% from the entire team. Fairfield being a small 3A, they will not have the depth that Argyle will bring, but they will bring a determined attitude.

Over 100 of Fairfield's Offensive touchdowns this season were scored by Defensive starters. This is a Special Team and Coaching Staff. Go Eagles!!!

Go Eagles indeed...both of em! Hoping for a great game that seems to be one that some are claiming to have picked before the season started! Over the course of the week as you may have seen here already, there will be more than enuff missunderestimatin' to go around I project! Not by players or coaches of either team however, as both know that they wouldn't be here had they been in the habit of that. But prognosticators, rabble rousers, pot stirrers, sour grapers, and various and sundry other scalawags will be out in force, as is customary here. I learned some time back that if you can't stand the heat here..well..we all know the rest! Good luck!

I'm not on here to disrespect Argyle. In fact I'm very impressed by y'all's football program, correct me if I'm wrong, but a football program that's only been around since 2000 and has been nothing but impressive. I believe these two teams definitely are the two best teams in 3A Div II. I felt that before the playoffs begun that this will be the final two teams. But I just believe Fairfield is better of the two. Now that's just my opinion, so don't think I'm a hater or whatever because I don't see it like some may.

With that said I'm looking forward to seeing both 3A games this Friday. Should be very entertaining.

I'm not on here to disrespect Argyle. In fact I'm very impressed by y'all's football program, correct me if I'm wrong, that's only been around since 2000 and has been nothing but impressive. I believe these two teams definitely are the two best teams in 3A Div II. I felt that before the playoffs begun that this will be the final two teams. But I just believe Fairfield is better of the two. Now that's just my opinion, so don't think I'm a hater or whatever because I don't see it like some may.

With that said I'm looking forward to seeing both 3A games this Friday. Should be very entertaining.

No offense taken lad. Everybody is entitled to their opinion as it is in fact an opinion board! And you are privy I am sure as to what they say about opinions! See my comments above. How did Crawford fare this year? Or who is your team by the way?

No offense taken lad. Everybody is entitled to their opinion as it is in fact an opinion board! And you are privy I am sure as to what they say about opinions! See my comments above. How did Crawford fare this year? Or who is your team by the way?

Not from Crawford Tx. never been there. I live in the Center area and we had a pretty rough season, same district as Carthage,

Not from Crawford Tx. never been there. I live in the Center area and we had a pretty rough season, same district as Carthage,

I am pulling for Carthage in D1, as we were lucky enough to survive a gauntlet that included BOTH them AND Gilmer a few years back to get to Arlington. Great memories and tough excellent teams! Yikes! I believe that sting and experience of battling teams that awesome to get to the final and fall just short will be a huge motivator this year perhaps for my beloved Eagles. Regarding the D1 battle, I would love to see Carthage win this one for the Gipper...Pops and his daughter and family and friends! Now there was a legend of a poster here. Humor, knowledge, respect. He had me laughing so hard several times that I had tears running down my face! And he could do that while at the same time dissect my opinions! Center is a great part of the state as well, and we all know about the rough years that any program has to weather! Not all will admit to that however! You all will turn it around! But for now, how bout them Eagles and how bout them Dawgs?!? ;0) Merry Christmas and God bless you and your community Crawford! http://youtu.be/RCo3pH-6ZT0

I'm not on here to disrespect Argyle. In fact I'm very impressed by y'all's football program, correct me if I'm wrong, but a football program that's only been around since 2000 and has been nothing but impressive. I believe these two teams definitely are the two best teams in 3A Div II. I felt that before the playoffs begun that this will be the final two teams. But I just believe Fairfield is better of the two. Now that's just my opinion, so don't think I'm a hater or whatever because I don't see it like some may.

How about some reasoning behind your prediction of 42-24? Check out the numbers that were posted on the first page. No way Argyle gets blown out. They could get beat, but it won't be a blow out like that.

How about some reasoning behind your prediction of 42-24? Check out the numbers that were posted on the first page. No way Argyle gets blown out. They could get beat, but it won't be a blow out like that.

ADK, I appreciate your concern here, but we both know that the definitive prediction, the be all and end all of prognostications, has not been placed on the table yet sir! That of course would be the prediction of the Karnak of Smoaky, the Jimmy the Greek of predictions here, the venerable jackpots!!!! I trust that he will weigh in at the perfectly timed moment with a prediction that will stun and likely silence all the others, as is his bent! Vegas relies on jackpots' expertise just as I do here!

Well here's my reasoning...Argyle will win because Argyle is the best team with the best group of athletes. This is even with the losses of Sizelove and Hackney at their LB spots...that's how good Argyle is. We haven't had those guys since before the regular season ended. Subtract a D1 All-State and another All-District LB from any other team and see how far that team can go in the playoffs. Argyle did it against some top competition. That speaks volumes about the heart of this team. Argyle will win this game by at least 2 TD's, IMHO. I've kept quiet all season and given credit to all the contenders...Fairfield early on. I've wanted this matchup to happen for Argyle and FF since waaay early in the season...and now it's here. I'm so happy for the Fairfield team and their fanbase to get this opportunity to play for the title against Argyle. They are the best team we could face in this game...and that's the way it should be. The Argyle players are tough, battle-tested, experienced, talented, and are more than prepared to give everything they have to win that trophy on Friday afternoon. I'm sure FF can say the same thing. I fully expect the Argyle coaches to have this group ready to play their very best game of the season. Fairfield has yet to face a defense and secondary like Argyle's. Or an offense like ours, for that matter. Argyle will bring it...so just get ready for some physical play. I'm very excited to see this one in person. Good luck to both squads, and may the Good Lord protect all the players on the field.

Man this is going to be a great game. I cannot wait to see what Fairfield does when they finally get a challenge. I have not seen Argyle but I have seen Fairfield a few times and heard them on the radio a few more and I can say this about them. They have not played there starters an entire game all season. By mid third quarter Larry Rose does not see another snap. With the exception of Navasota, if they decided to keep there starters in an entire game I am pretty certain they could have easily scored 90 points a game and that includes the playoffs. But they are typically ahead 50 points by halftime and just cruise through the second half running the ball up the middle with there third team and I mean third team because there second team will score at will.

I do believe it is going to be a great ball game good luck to both sides. I cannot wait to see it.

Well here's my reasoning...Argyle will win because Argyle is the best team with the best group of athletes. This is even with the losses of Sizelove and Hackney at their LB spots...that's how good Argyle is. We haven't had those guys since before the regular season ended. Subtract a D1 All-State and another All-District LB from any other team and see how far that team can go in the playoffs. Argyle did it against some top competition. That speaks volumes about the heart of this team. Argyle will win this game by at least 2 TD's, IMHO. I've kept quiet all season and given credit to all the contenders...Fairfield early on. I've wanted this matchup to happen for Argyle and FF since waaay early in the season...and now it's here. I'm so happy for the Fairfield team and their fanbase to get this opportunity to play for the title against Argyle. They are the best team we could face in this game...and that's the way it should be. The Argyle players are tough, battle-tested, experienced, talented, and are more than prepared to give everything they have to win that trophy on Friday afternoon. I'm sure FF can say the same thing. I fully expect the Argyle coaches to have this group ready to play their very best game of the season. Fairfield has yet to face a defense and secondary like Argyle's. Or an offense like ours, for that matter. Argyle will bring it...so just get ready for some physical play. I'm very excited to see this one in person. Good luck to both squads, and may the Good Lord protect all the players on the field.

+1000!

Haha You go ahead and cling to your "numbers" I used to do the same until I finally realized that that's exactly what it is, just numbers. The only numbers that matter are the ones on that score board. And as far as my prediction, that exactly what it is, it's a prediction. I'm probably wrong about that score. But whether I feel they'll win by 1 point or 101 points is irrelevant, it's the fact that in my opinion that Fairfield will be claiming that trophy at the end of the day. Good luck to both teams.

I am pulling for Carthage in D1, as we were lucky enough to survive a gauntlet that included BOTH them AND Gilmer a few years back to get to Arlington. Great memories and tough excellent teams! Yikes! I believe that sting and experience of battling teams that awesome to get to the final and fall just short will be a huge motivator this year perhaps for my beloved Eagles. Regarding the D1 battle, I would love to see Carthage win this one for the Gipper...Pops and his daughter and family and friends! Now there was a legend of a poster here. Humor, knowledge, respect. He had me laughing so hard several times that I had tears running down my face! And he could do that while at the same time dissect my opinions! Center is a great part of the state as well, and we all know about the rough years that any program has to weather! Not all will admit to that however! You all will turn it around! But for now, how bout them Eagles and how bout them Dawgs?!? ;0) Merry Christmas and God bless you and your community Crawford! http://youtu.be/RCo3pH-6ZT0

You to SB

Man this is going to be a great game. I cannot wait to see what Fairfield does when they finally get a challenge. I have not seen Argyle but I have seen Fairfield a few times and heard them on the radio a few more and I can say this about them. They have not played there starters an entire game all season. By mid third quarter Larry Rose does not see another snap. With the exception of Navasota, if they decided to keep there starters in an entire game I am pretty certain they could have easily scored 90 points a game and that includes the playoffs. But they are typically ahead 50 points by halftime and just cruise through the second half running the ball up the middle with there third team and I mean third team because there second team will score at will.

I do believe it is going to be a great ball game good luck to both sides. I cannot wait to see it.

ADK wants to talk about numbers. Those are just numbers Fairfield varsity racked up mostly in the first half before they showed mercy for their opponent and put in their 2nd string.