3A Division II Championship ARGYLE (15-0) vs FAIRFIELD (15-0)

ADKargyleTCU12

Championship  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which Eagle Wins?

• Argyle
    • Fairfield

I think you're wrong Jack. Gilmer's D gave up points to the likes of 2A Daingerfield, Chapel hill, lost to Kilgore. Fairfield hasn't given up Points to anybody this year. The Navasota game was the only game the starters played past the 3rd qtr. I'm going with the country boys over your city boys.

Back to the stats, huh? Got news for you...FF hasn't seen a team even remotely as talented as this Argyle club. Oh...it will be a great game allright, but FF will struggle to score. Mark it down. Argyle will bust that FF defense for serious gains...thunder & lightning will be striking. Don't miss the show.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're wrong Jack. Gilmer's D gave up points to the likes of 2A Daingerfield, Chapel hill, lost to Kilgore. Fairfield hasn't given up Points to anybody this year. The Navasota game was the only game the starters played past the 3rd qtr. I'm going with the country boys over your city boys.

Once again I must warn another fan! Argyle will dominate both sides of the ball. Jackpots prediction is spot on!

I do think FF is a top 5 3a team though. That's nothing to be ashamed of. Congrats on a good season.

just got back in town....i did'n think he would( big boy ) get much against my buckyes but was i wrong...just wanted to say good luck to argil tomorrow.....and good luck to scottie. regal and all the other yuppies there....my perdickion.....BLOW OUT.....ARGILL 52...FAIRFIELD 21...argill takes a knee in last minent not like that refuego bunch did to waskon last week and threw for the endzone to score 69 points :mad: :ph34r: :mad:

+1000!

Lol. We will see tomorrow. I'm pretty sure he will be shut down. Sadler will probably get his, but big boy won't get much against this D.This one will be close. Fairfield 35 Argyle 31.

Big boy (junior) was just offered by Arizona State...like I said, Argyle has just way to many impact players!

Argyle 35-14

From Dave Campbell's High School Special...

3A Division II State Championship
Argyle (15-0) vs. Fairfield (15-0)
4 p.m. Friday at AT&T Stadium

I’ll be honest with you: I have exactly no feel for this game. None. You could come up to me right now and say, “I’m from the future, and Argyle won this game by 40” and I’d believe you. Or you could say “Fairfield won by 40” and I’d believe you. Or “it ended in a tie” and I’d believe you. Like I said: no feel. Here’s what we do know: Argyle is super-good. They’ve got playmakers on both sides of the ball, but none more exciting than Ian Sadler, the RB/WR/DB whom the Eagles will try to get the ball in any kind of way. He’s hardly the only weapon – RB Nick Ralston has been money in the playoffs, and QB Blake Boyzuick has been tremendous – but he’s the gamebreaker. And, of course, there’s the defense, who smothered Graham’s powerful attack last week. So there’s that. And where’s what we know about Fairfield: They’ve been awesome. The Eagles have already set the 3A scoring record behind RB Larry Rose and QB Jacob Gallegos, but most impressive about them is their offensive line, which has pushed people around all year. Oh, and the defense is suffocating, between DE Dedrick Garner, Devin Eggins and Jeremiah Simpson. What gives? Here’s the thing about this game (I think, because remember: I have no feel for this game): we know Argyle is really good – they’ve beaten Gilmer, Celina, Graham and other big-time teams. We’re pretty darn sure Fairfield is really good – they did beat Navasota, after all – but they maybe haven’t run the gauntlet that Argyle has. And in a game that again I have no feel for, I lean toward the devil I know. One thing to remember: Argyle has one of the best kickers in the country in Cole Hedlund, and indoors, he could be a huge game-changer. Of course, if you have a time machine, go there and tell me what happens. It’ll help me with this game.

Tepper’s pick: Argyle 38, Fairfield 35

Fairfield walking all over them, the 2 INTs are the difference......

Total offense at the half

Fairfield 309

Argyle 138

Argyle averaging just 2.9 yards per carry, Fairfield averaging 7 yards per carry

Passing yards

Argyle 78, Fairfield 149

Fairfield is averaging 9.4 yards a play

Sadler just took 1 to the house. Very nice punt return as he used 2 block in the back blocks and a hold just before the end zone and strutted his stuff while holding the ball out as he went into the end zone. Very nice return. This might turn this game.

Don't know much about him as I haven't followed Argyle, but he looks like the real deal.