3A Division II Championship ARGYLE (15-0) vs FAIRFIELD (15-0)

ADKargyleTCU12

Championship  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which Eagle Wins?

• Argyle
    • Fairfield

Regaleagle, Scottie, and all my other buds in Argyle; Congrats on a fine year in football and for taking home the gold! Would have really liked to have seen our Dawgs and your Eagles play.......would have been intense! Always enjoy your posts. I was planning on staying to watch the game, but my wife and I had two young granddaughters to take care of at home. Will watch the game though.....Who knows, both of our teams going 4A Div 1, we may see each other down the road....Dawgs will be trying to reload......Have a great rest of the school year! Merry Christmas to you all!

Merry Christmas Mute to you and Carthage and thank you! God bless you and yours and congrats on yet another title for Carthage and a great day all around! Enjoy those grandchildren...jewels in you and your wife's crowns!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Scotland!!! Merry Christmas to you & to Regal and the very best in 2014!!! Really enjoyed all the talk back and forth this year. Congrats to all of Argyle and good luck to all the SR class who will be moving on to greater things. My nephews both graduated from TT, and my sister's family has season tickets, so I will love going to see Ian play again in the future.And also Connor Wilson.

Let's stay in touch!!!! I am honored to have such great new friends in you and Regal!!! Blessings to you both and your families!!!

Merry Christmas to you and your Bears GolfingNut and MommaBear et. al.! It has been a privilege and I have enjoyed your posts and hearing fine reports! Be blessed and encouraged and hearty agreement on your thoughts! I will continue to follow your marvelous blog and we will keep in touch indeed!

after spending Friday and Saturday watching 6 games at AT&T Stadium this one was the best of them all. Sadler was pretty much a one man show on offense. Rose for Fairfield was a stud. Fairfield had a great opportinity to win this game. i thought Rose was gone but the Argyle defender had a little bit of an angle and Rose stumbled then tired out. it's easy to second guess now and i know Rose was tired but he should have been made to #### it up and stay on the field instead of sitting out the next 2 plays. if nothing else just to make Argyle aware of the threat. not sure about the run on 4th and 4 but like i said it's easy to second guess now since it didn't work. anyway congrats to both teams on a well played and exciting game and congrats on a great season. good luck to both teams next year.

after spending Friday and Saturday watching 6 games at AT&T Stadium this one was the best of them all. Sadler was pretty much a one man show on offense. Rose for Fairfield was a stud. Fairfield had a great opportinity to win this game. i thought Rose was gone but the Argyle defender had a little bit of an angle and Rose stumbled then tired out. it's easy to second guess now and i know Rose was tired but he should have been made to #### it up and stay on the field instead of sitting out the next 2 plays. if nothing else just to make Argyle aware of the threat. not sure about the run on 4th and 4 but like i said it's easy to second guess now since it didn't work. anyway congrats to both teams on a well played and exciting game and congrats on a great season. good luck to both teams next year.

Exciting players and game to watch.  Merry Christmas to you and young Mr. Rose and his fine team and coach and community! And that Buffett restaurant down there! Whew doggies that's a good one! We wild eyed Argyllians proudly salute all involved!

th?id=H.4878684636579573&pid=15.1

Regaleagle, Scottie, and all my other buds in Argyle; Congrats on a fine year in football and for taking home the gold! Would have really liked to have seen our Dawgs and your Eagles play.......would have been intense! Always enjoy your posts. I was planning on staying to watch the game, but my wife and I had two young granddaughters to take care of at home. Will watch the game though.....Who knows, both of our teams going 4A Div 1, we may see each other down the road....Dawgs will be trying to reload......Have a great rest of the school year! Merry Christmas to you all!

All four in Arlington along with some who fell along the playoff path were worthy to be there for sure Mute! I do kinda favor the way it worked out though! How bout that ACDC in 2013, i.e., Argyle Carthage Dallas Championships!! http://youtu.be/bJwZhqU0QL4

You saw one lousy game of Argyle all year...what do you know??? Without Rose Fairfield would have not have made the final...how do you like that reasoning!!! This team won DESPITE losing TWO of its starting LB's for the season...one in Week 5(all-district last year) and the other in Week 9(all-state last season). Your post is typical of someone with a biased and uninformed viewpoint. I am here to counter that on this site. Is it any wonder most ALL prognosticators had Argyle as the Preseason #1 in 3A??? Your Fairfield team had a great season, allbeit against lesser competition. Had they been in Region 2, they may not have made it that far. For all you know, Rose could have become injured for the season like some of Argyle's key players, and then where would this Fairfield team have ended, huh??? Argyle made it all the way DESPITE the injuries. That's how slanted your view is. Without Rose, your Fairfield Eagles are not near the team as Argyle. So don't go posting idiotic statements like the one above and expect real football followers to swallow it. Just ain't the real truth...that's all.

+1000!

Not around much, since I have no active players, but I have been following.

Argyle, Congratulations!

I have always enjoyed the banter on here, you guys have been a classy act.

I hear Cole is going to Arkansas. Anyone confirm?

They have a history of good freshman kickers!

I just want to extend my congratulations to all you Argyllians! Welcome to the SC club! It's about time! LOL! It's always tough to win that first one, and this game proved it. I hope we meet up again. It's always a challenge, and a lot of fun playing y'all!

Merry CHRISTmas to all!

Argyle, Congratulations!

Thanks Futfan! That is my understanding as well. Merry Christmas!

Argyle, Congratulations!

Thank you! And yes, Cole is verbally committed to Arkansas.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Can't the Argyle kicker just sign in NFL? Never seen anything like him with any HS team kicking all kick offs through back of end zone he sure erased any chance for our guys to return I think it was major factor in game, the 5a schools were kicking short and toward sidelines, I knew he was good pre game but had no idea just how good!

I just want to extend my congratulations to all you Argyllians! Welcome to the SC club! It's about time! LOL! It's always tough to win that first one, and this game proved it. I hope we meet up again. It's always a challenge, and a lot of fun playing y'all!

Merry CHRISTmas to all!

Thanks Blackflag! It has been a privilege!

Scottie, do you know these two beauties personally, or what??? I guess we could sip some of that vino and listen to them as they sing us into a trance, huh? I could use a few trances every now and then like they can elicit, haha! Wishing for a great and prosperous New Year for all here on Smoaky. Be safe and love your life...it's the only one you have.

Scottie, do you know these two beauties personally, or what??? I guess we could sip some of that vino and listen to them as they sing us into a trance, huh? I could use a few trances every now and then like they can elicit, haha! Wishing for a great and prosperous New Year for all here on Smoaky. Be safe and love your life...it's the only one you have.

Indeed sir! The lasses are lovely and their harmonies enchanting, but the words of

their songs here are marvelous standing alone! I pray that anyone who might hear or read them would be equally encouraged and rejoice along with us and many other Smoaksters Regal! Merry Christmas and a very Happy and Healthy and Blessed New Year!

http://www.carols.org.uk/god_rest_ye_merry_gentlemen.htm

http://www.carols.org.uk/o_come_come_emmanuel.htm