White Oak Roughneck Basketball 2013-2014

whiteoakfan111

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alumin won pretty easy... something around 65 to 50.... IDK if the alumni team is that good (record of 104-6 w/ 2 state titles) or if the varisty team has a lot of work to do... all I can say right now is you can tell they just got done playing football... careless passing, too many turnovers... granted IDK how much you can take away from a game like the alumni game -- but they got some work to do... on a related note -- the sutton kid that's still in school can shoot lights out.

alumin won pretty easy... something around 65 to 50.... IDK if the alumni team is that good (record of 104-6 w/ 2 state titles) or if the varisty team has a lot of work to do... all I can say right now is you can tell they just got done playing football... careless passing, too many turnovers... granted IDK how much you can take away from a game like the alumni game -- but they got some work to do... on a related note -- the sutton kid that's still in school can shoot lights out.

agreed. I don't look to much into an alumni game other than the alumni would win state again this year. And yes sutton can stroke it

agreed. I don't look to much into an alumni game other than the alumni would win state again this year. And yes sutton can stroke it

Hes the only one on team in basketball shape and most of the alumni are still playing college ball,,,....!!!! give us a few weeks,,,....!!!!

Hes the only one on team in basketball shape and most of the alumni are still playing college ball,,,....!!!! give us a few weeks,,,....!!!!

You've only got two weeks. Not a few. Jan 7th, they better be in shape....in shape for the battle of the Hardwood 2014.

And yes OldHat, I did talk smack last year. Believed in my team then too.

The Alumni team was much bigger and really physical tonite which is exactly what Wo needed. Wo hung tough and easily won the first quarter. These kids will be a traditionally fundamentally sound Boyett team here in a few weeks. Saw alot of positves regardless of the score. The alumni team members haven't lost a step and several are playing college ball, have played college ball or could have played college ball. Wo was sloppy with the ball and looked gassed at times but we all know they will be putting in the work to get where they need to be at the end of the season.

The Alumni team was much bigger and really physical tonite which is exactly what Wo needed. Wo hung tough and easily won the first quarter. These kids will be a traditionally fundamentally sound Boyett team here in a few weeks. Saw alot of positves regardless of the score. The alumni team members haven't lost a step and several are playing college ball, have played college ball or could have played college ball. Wo was sloppy with the ball and looked gassed at times but we all know they will be putting in the work to get where they need to be at the end of the season.

You know that's what I forgot to mention... WO looked REALLY gassed come the 4th quarter.... and granted, that alumni team right now even with graduated and likely out of basketball shape, just ran ran and ran some more... I don't feel too confident with the team after watching that game, but I know how good that alumni team really is... WO's biggest fault to me is going to be three main things... leadership (which I really am hoping that comes from Hayden) turnovers (I don't see a real true point guard, i see a bunch of 2 or 3 guards) and a physical force in the middle... WO has had a big guy down low for several seasons now.. Billy Terry back in the 90's, Cody Terry around 2000, David Mitchell, Dusty Evers, Carl Corman (even though he didn't have weight) & Levi. There was a few big guys on the alumni I don't remember but they had some size so theres people over the last 3 years that I'm missing.. Point being they are going to have to play intense D for the entire game and get their conditioning right to make up for a physical presence... If they can find a guy who can push the ball and run the offense like Blake King did in 06' and 07' that will help speed the game up and make up for the physical post presence that's missing.

I noticed the lack of a point guard. Several different men brought the ball up court. They pushed the ball down court several times beating defense back for a easy bucket. Everyone knows that Ron was looking for experience and not a W. I also would like to see Hayden take over the leadership role

It was good to visit with coach Boyett at the tourney, nice man. Jan 7th will be interesting. Good luck to both teams. FYI: I bet caoch Carr and coach Boyett shake hands, two class guy's.

Just an opinion, Tatum is more athletic, WO more finesse. If WO zone's and slows down Rockwell it will be close, if Tatum gets into a run and gun, turn out the lights.