'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

Wild74

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is stupid. He has publicly stated how religious he is in the past. Now they ask a stupid question about gays that they already know the answer too. If you don't like the answer to a question, don't ask it. Phil has a right to his beliefs. You may not agree with him, but Phil has that right to view on gays.

Agree with him or not, but he has the right to say it, A&E has the right to take him off their channel, and viewers have the right to not watch A&E. It's the free market and that is how it is supposed to work.

Here's my new FB cover photo. Made it myself. Thought y'all might enjoy it.....

1459249_763303073683165_804201695_n.jpg

I have no problem what Phil Robertson said and shame on A&E for their decision because they knew this man, his family, beliefs and etc which I bet wasn't in his contract and has grounds to sue.

The one thing that confuses me is him saying that Homosexuality leads into beastality, this that and etc. That type of logic to me is like saying marijuana is a gateway drug which I disagree with that.

I am more and more agreeing that homosexuality is a choice and that people aren't born into. Research even shows that people that choose that lifestyle are those with issues that stemmed from early poverty, lack of strong parental figures as well as identyfing gender roles.

If homosexuality was by birth and not choice then we would have to say that racism, rapists and such can also be by birth which would defy the book but also the way we as individuals in postmodernism view the world.

The interviewer most likely knew what Phil believed and was more than Happy to ask him about his beliefs on Homosexuality, he got what he or she wanted. A&E has a right to do what they did, here is where I have a problem A&E will not pay for their decision most people will not turn off A&E except for the Duck people. There is a reason why the cable channels are bundled. I am paying for A&E whether I like them or not...MTV, Bravo and the other channels they all get a little cut of my cable money or DTV money each month. It would be a big mistake for them to go to a pay per view because then I could make A&E pay by canceling them. I don't watch Ducks because I don't watch so call reality TV but my wife loves the show but one day if America hasn't sunk so low producers and dictators of TV will pay for their stupid decisions.Immorality is OK because it is no longer immorality and morality is not tolerated. That is how I see it.

Interesting to note - http://blog.al.com/breaking/2013/12/live-blogging_todays_huntsvill.html

Suffice to say, I'm sure the Robertson family is debating their options. I'm sure their accountant is putting the numbers together.

The problem I have... liberals can spout all the nonsense they like... let a conservative do it, and the heavens separate and everybody gets their panties in a wad.

I have no problem what Phil Robertson said and shame on A&E for their decision because they knew this man, his family, beliefs and etc which I bet wasn't in his contract and has grounds to sue.

The one thing that confuses me is him saying that Homosexuality leads into beastality, this that and etc. That type of logic to me is like saying marijuana is a gateway drug which I disagree with that.

I am more and more agreeing that homosexuality is a choice and that people aren't born into. Research even shows that people that choose that lifestyle are those with issues that stemmed from early poverty, lack of strong parental figures as well as identyfing gender roles.

If homosexuality was by birth and not choice then we would have to say that racism, rapists and such can also be by birth which would defy the book but also the way we as individuals in postmodernism view the world.

actually he didn't say Homosexuality leads to beastality. He said:

“Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong... Sin becomes fine,” he said. “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.”

It looks to me that he is condemning homosexuality, adultery, and etc...

The honest truth that most gays seem to ignore is that its very clear in the bible that homosexuality is considered a sin. That is just the fact. Its your business if you want to live that lifestyle, just as many live as adulterers, but it doesn't mean that its not a sin (according to the Bible).

That is my main problem with the gay community, is that they seem to deny that the bible says its a sin.

Also, it is a choice to enter a relationship with the same sex. Its a choice for a man to be with a women. No where in the bible does it state that you have to date or enter a relationship with anyone. You can live life single. The difference is that the choice of being with the opposite sex is not a sin (according to the bible).

actually he didn't say Homosexuality leads to beastality. He said:

“Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong... Sin becomes fine,” he said. “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.”[/size]

It looks to me that he is condemning homosexuality, adultery, and etc...

The honest truth that most gays seem to ignore is that its very clear in the bible that homosexuality is considered a sin. That is just the fact. Its your business if you want to live that lifestyle, just as many live as adulterers, but it doesn't mean that its not a sin (according to the Bible).

That is my main problem with the gay community, is that they seem to deny that the bible says its a sin.

Also, it is a choice to enter a relationship with the same sex. Its a choice for a man to be with a women. No where in the bible does it state that you have to date or enter a relationship with anyone. You can live life single. The difference is that the choice of being with the opposite sex is not a sin (according to the bible).

100% agree :)

That's not what he said though. Never even implied it. He just said he thought it was wrong just like he thinks beasiality, adultery, and polygamy are wrong.

Please read no sarcasm into this.... Who are you reading and/or what are you studying? For what its worth I am impressed ......I think the bigger story that we are all missing is how in the world is anybody saying anything bad about Phil when the author of the article has the writing style that is more in-tune with what is read Porta-Potties at construction sights.

This is dumber than the Chick-fil-A incident and will probably have the same effect. More $$ for the Robertsons and a bigger platform for Phil to speak from.

(this also helps identify all of the idiots among your facebook "friends"....if you didn't know already.)

It'll be interesting to see if they stick with the money or their beliefs.

In the end, does it not almost always get down to the money? If there is something that does not make sense; just follow the money. Then it will become crystal clear why what happened happened.

I don't care what the man says. He is just one man. I watched the program a few times last summer to see what all the talk was about. It didn't take long before I decided his program was a joke. It is intended to be a joke. A la Archie Bunker. I am amazed at how many people we know that seem to take it seriously.

I don't have a problem with what Phil Robertson said, and I think it's stupid that A&E is suspending him. I seriously doubt if the gay crowd watch "Duck Dynasty". I'm wondering why he even granted an interview with GQ. It's basically a gay magazine to begin with.

Please read no sarcasm into this.... Who are you reading and/or what are you studying? For what its worth I am impressed ......I think the bigger story that we are all missing is how in the world is anybody saying anything bad about Phil when the author of the article has the writing style that is more in-tune with what is read Porta-Potties at construction sights.

OK.

I wanted to make sure that he wasn't presenting his views in the way that some on the board felt.

Here's my problem: A&E knew of his faith and how his family feels about all this. If it was really a big issue, A&E should of never allowed the interview to take place.

BTW, I agree that A&E is quite silly for doing this.

Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson Thinks Black People Were Happy Before the Civil Rights Movement

http://www.eonline.com/news/492121/duck-dynasty-s-phil-robertson-thinks-black-people-were-happier-before-the-civil-rights-movement

"I myself am a product of the '60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll...

I wonder if Phil has big tits. :P

Makes you wonder what would have happened if he signed that contract with the Washington Redskins, instead of loving hunting as much as he does.

The guy is 67 years old, and he doesn't believe in politically correct speech. I wonder what all the hooplah is about.

Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson Thinks Black People Were Happy Before the Civil Rights Movement

http://www.eonline.com/news/492121/duck-dynasty-s-phil-robertson-thinks-black-people-were-happier-before-the-civil-rights-movement

"I myself am a product of the '60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll...

I wonder if Phil has big tits. :P

He does, but they are on Kay! I think there was an episode about her puppies and I don't mean bobo and jj or whatever the dog's names are. Spiritual stuff like that and trespassing on other folks property and Phil running off and leaving everyone else to get caught are some of the things I have seen on the show.

He does, but they are on Kay! I think there was an episode about her puppies and I don't mean bobo and jj or whatever the dog's names are. Spiritual stuff like that and trespassing on other folks property and Phil running off and leaving everyone else to get caught are some of the things I have seen on the show.

Liberals have their sense of humor removed as young children!