Carthage coaching staff

Cat51993

You lufkin people just like to argue...

Regardless, he isn't going to leave to go to Lufkin. He has got an awesome thing going at Carthage, in a better town, with a better program, being one of the top paid coaches in East Texas. 4 rings in 6 years.

Nope, I don't like to argue. I don't understand why Carthage and Gilmer people believe they live in "Utopia". That's your opinion that Carthage is a better town though.....I'm not getting into that.

That is hilarious, King wins on talent alone. I meant wins district on talent alone, 90% of the people in Longview would take Carthages or Gilmers coaching staff in a heartbeat.

Lololololol you have no clue what you're talking about nor have you ever seen a Longview game if you truly believe that.

The Lufkin High School principal has a son on the Carthage coaching staff......

Surratt won't be there forever, probably another 2-3 yrs

And he makes in the 120K area

I know....but what diff does it makes???? He works for a school district that can afford to pay him that

Hasn't he earned it???? Who else has 4 rings in the last 6 yrs???????

The Lufkin High School principal has a son on the Carthage coaching staff......

Surratt won't be there forever, probably another 2-3 yrs

And he makes in the 120K area

I know....but what diff does it makes???? He works for a school district that can afford to pay him that

Hasn't he earned it???? Who else has 4 rings in the last 6 yrs???????

Uh Lake Tra....Oh nevermind my bad lol

the Carthage coach is a great young coach and that is the reason he will not stay at Carthage much longer.. I realize they are willing to pay him as much or more than any of the high school coaches but they can't match what the colleges will be willing to pay him. look at Chad Morris another great young coach who couldn't turn down college money he went from high school to Clemson in 2 years as offense coordinator and after one really good year there went to over a million dollars. he now in his 3rd year is making around 1.4 million living in a 12,ooo sg ft home down on the lake and Clemson is expecting to lose him after this year to a head coaching job in a big school. I wish Surratt would stay at Carthage I love what he has done for that school but realistically he is just too good to stay in high school.

• Like 1

King would dominate at those schools if he were the head coach. Longview just happens to play in the deepest and most talented class in Texas if not america Texas 5A. This is not little boy football. You are going up against schools with 4,000 plus
King would dominate at those schools if he were the head coach. Longview just happens to play in the deepest and most talented class in Texas if not america Texas 5A. This is not little boy football. You are going up against schools with 4,000 plus enrollment

King lost the semifinal game to guyer a few years back. Throwing the ball when he should have been running the ball and clock.

Then he took "smash mouth" football to Waco and got smoked by Lake Travis led by Garrett Gilbert. I was at both of those games and thought it was embarrassing for the Longview fans. It seems to me that if the Longview coach is in fact the highest paid in east Texas then Longview isn't getting their money's worth in results

the Carthage coach is a great young coach and that is the reason he will not stay at Carthage much longer.. I realize they are willing to pay him as much or more than any of the high school coaches but they can't match what the colleges will be willing to pay him. look at Chad Morris another great young coach who couldn't turn down college money he went from high school to Clemson in 2 years as offense coordinator and after one really good year there went to over a million dollars. he now in his 3rd year is making around 1.4 million living in a 12,ooo sg ft home down on the lake and Clemson is expecting to lose him after this year to a head coaching job in a big school. I wish Surratt would stay at Carthage I love what he has done for that school but realistically he is just too good to stay in high school.

You may very well be right, but you are assuming that he has aspirations to go to the next level. If that is the case, then I agree he won't be here long. However, my understanding is that right meow he is content to coach/mentor high school kids in a place where his kids can grow up in a small community. This is second hand knowledge as I don't know him personally. Either way, I would say it's pretty well his choice.

I hope you small school guys watched the 5A games last night. Now you can see why Lufkin and Longview can't just run away with 5A championship after championship . It is a totally different animale then 3A and 4A. Carthage would have never went on this run in 4A much less win even 1 during the same time frame truth is Carthage dropping to 3A was the best thing that ever happened to them. Longview played 2 years of 4A and got to the Ship twice losing to 5 time champion LT. The larger the classification the harder it is to win. You see what happened to LT when they moved up. Now they can't even get to a championship game. Longview or Lufkin will play in the title game next season in the new 5A more likey Longview and you can take that to the bank.

What about when Carthage was 4A ? My problem is people taking shots at Lufkin and Longview when they can not seem to understand how much more difficult it is in 5A. Lufkin and Longview play in class where there is no limit unlike any other classification and have held our on with some of the best programs in Texas. Lufkin was in a district where we are the smallest school with 2000 students compared to The Woodlands with 4800. Conroe 3500 and so on. So for someone to bash Lufkin or Longview for not winning it like some smaller schools in east texas is just dumb. Like I said no limit in 5A so just to give you an idea take each champ and ask your self how they woud have faired against the next one up. They all would have gotten smocked. Carthage would pummeled by Guyer and Guyer did get hammered by Ceder Hill already . Aledo would not stand a chance vs Allen. Just like the 2A champs would get smockedmby 3A champs this year. Just remember Lufkin and Longview are the smallest in a division that has no limits.

Man I have been reading the Talk about Scott Surratt well i'm here to tell y'all that's as a long time Tiger Alumni OMG we would LOVE to have the young man back but we all know that not gone to happen. So i'm very happy for the Bull Dog Nation 4 in 6 year's great job I'm guy who always said if he was at a longview or a South lake man the Sky is the limit and I do understand the likes of the Collage come calling well $$$$$ Talk and we all know what Walk. So Bull Dog Fan's enjoy it all and again GREAT JOB. Merry Christmas and Happy New year and Good luck Next year!

See that is the misconception I am talking about King is a great coach and so is surrat who I am sure could win at Longview but let's not act like he coud have done a lot better and won state with Longview. Playing in 5A is a different beast. We saw what happened to Surrat and Carthage against Whitehouse didn't we? King has it a lot harder then Surrat and King is a proven winner.

Now if you want to say Surrat at Lufkin well that's a different story . Would love to have him here but it will never happen.

See that is the misconception I am talking about King is a great coach and so is surrat who I am sure could win at Longview but let's not act like he coud have done a lot better and won state with Longview. Playing in 5A is a different beast. We saw what happened to Surrat and Carthage against Whitehouse didn't we? King has it a lot harder then Surrat and King is a proven winner.

Now if you want to say Surrat at Lufkin well that's a different story . Would love to have him here but it will never happen.

You see what happened against Whitehouse?!?!? Again that's still a 3A vs a 4A! You think if he had a talented 4A team he couldn't compete regularly in 4A? Your comparisons are ridiculous.

coaches salaries kinda run along with the new stadium in Allen. When the national news picked up on it they interviewed residents in random. One........"We voted for it, we can afford to pay for it, there is no sacrifice in education, so take your *** back to NYC and worry about something else." Carthage, much like Tatum, have abundant resources that allow them to have things other schools only dream about. Maybe it is on the horizon for DF and HS. Lot of buzz with 8-10 land men in the courthouse for the past 2 months .

Then again, not ALL 5A teams have Patrick Mahomes(best QB in Texas H.S. Football)

Then again, not ALL 5A teams have Patrick Mahomes(best QB in Texas H.S. Football)

Because he whipped Carthage up and down the field, doesn't make him the best in Texas. Stop telling those lies..

The Manvel, Guyer, Desoto and Allen QB are much better than that kid and it's not even close.

You see what happened against Whitehouse?!?!? Again that's still a 3A vs a 4A! You think if he had a talented 4A team he couldn't compete regularly in 4A? Your comparisons are ridiculous.

Yea, he could probably compete. However, would he be able to win 4 of 6 at Carthage?

Aye!! stop raining on my parade. Katy lost to CH, so I got one wish to come true lol