Carthage coaching staff

Cat51993

Good gosh I hate threads like this! It is why people can't stand Carthage! Do we have nice facilities, yes! Are they the best in the state, no! I have no idea what Surratt makes, but for what it is worth here I found a quote printed in the Panola Watchman back in August by one of the County Commissioners....

Commissioner Dale LaGrone said he feels people direct their anger against high taxes at the wrong taxing entity.

“You know, compare my salary to the football coach who makes $120,000 a year while the county commissioners make $49,000,” Dale LaGrone said. “Our taxes are less than 50 cents while the school’s tax rate is $1.14.”

We all aren't arrogant self-righteous people.... But most are very humble in the fact we have been very fortunate in finding a great a AD/Head Coach who has hired and continues to hire a great staff when his coaches move on to other opportunities! We hope he & his family are happy but understand most likely there will come a day when he decides to take the plunge & try something new. When that day comes I feel like Carthage will land on it's feet! Change is never easy; but it is inevitable! Until then.... #FearTheC

Dale LaGrone is overpaid and Surrat is underpaid. Pretty obvious. Pretty stupid comment by the commissioner to put himself in that kind of company. He can easily get his job done in 5 hours a week. Somebody hand the guy a mirror. Laughable.

• 4 years later...
On 12/22/2013 at 6:55 PM, cowboyandchrist said:

Here is something to think about. Tatum was the smallest school in 3a in 2005. They put 9 players in D1 schools and four of those were good enough to go to the NFL. Say what you want to about the number of players a school has, but I say it is more about the talent level and coaching. If school A has 5000 kids and school B has 1000 and school B beats the stuffing out of school A. Where does your argument stand up.

I certainly do not believe Carthage wants to take on Longview.....😉

42 minutes ago, dean1345 said:

Carthage will be in the thick of the 4AD1 Championship next year!

We were this year too, just came up a tad bit short. When state-semis is a "down year" you must be doing something right.  Looking forward to meeting up against the rattlers again soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

We were this year too, just came up a tad bit short. When state-semis is a "down year" you must be doing something right.  Looking forward to meeting up against the rattlers again soon.

It might take a few years with this new Navasota coaching staff. Carthage is blessed to have Coach Surratt and his coaching staff and a community that loves their football teams. They are going to be a “wrecking ball” for many years come.

The Dawgs should be ranked number 1 for 2019. 

All four D linemen, two linebackers, and safety return on defense  

Two wide receivers, three O linemen, two running backs on offense. 

A very loaded sophomore and freshmen class moving up. 

From my sources I hear a super talented dual threat QB may be leading the Dawg offense in 2019. 

Can’t wait to see the Dawgs take the field in 2019. 

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

• Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

From my sources I hear a super talented dual threat QB may be leading the Dawg offense in 2019. 

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

Carthage will be top 3 but won’t be number one.  And there are more returning than you mentioned.  La Vega will be preseason #1.  They have a lot on underclassmen coming back too.

22 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

CB returns on defense. RG and RT are the only full time OL starters returning.