Philadelphia v Dallas--NFC East Title Fight

DLine06

^ The big difference this time around is Foles has several games under his belt and is performing at a much higher level now. He will be the difference in the game along with McCoy and the superior eagle defense. The Cowboys will have to have an error free game and get some breaks to even make a game of it. I don't think Murry can carry the Cowboys with or without Romo.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ The big difference this time around is Foles has several games under his belt and is performing at a much higher level now. He will be the difference in the game along with McCoy and the superior eagle defense. The Cowboys will have to have an error free game and get some breaks to even make a game of it. I don't think Murry can carry the Cowboys with or without Romo.

Their defense is not superior to Dallas' offense. It is only superior to our defense. They have no way to stop the running or passing game. Orton will make plays and can thread the needle. Our receivers will have a great day against this defense.

Their defense is not superior to Dallas' offense. It is only superior to our defense. They have no way to stop the running or passing game. Orton will make plays and can thread the needle. Our receivers will have a great day against this defense.

:D :lol: :D :P :lol:

Foles has several games under his belt but, he doesn't have any of these big win or go home games under his belt. That advantage goes to Dallas because they took Washington's best shot and still won. However, my only concern about Dallas is Kyle Orton because he hasn't taken that many snaps this season. I think Murray can run on this Eagles defense and if they load up to stop Murray, then you have to pick your poison with Witten, Bryant, and Williams.

If the Dallas "D" responds the way they did against the Redskins, then the Cowboys can in fact win this game.

Foles has several games under his belt but, he doesn't have any of these big win or go home games under his belt. That advantage goes to Dallas because they took Washington's best shot and still won. However, my only concern about Dallas is Kyle Orton because he hasn't taken that many snaps this season. I think Murray can run on this Eagles defense and if they load up to stop Murray, then you have to pick your poison with Witten, Bryant, and Williams.

If the Dallas "D" responds the way they did against the Redskins, then the Cowboys can in fact win this game.

So many things to comment on here.

(1) Foles doesn't have any big win or go home games under his belt ??? How ironic that you said that :lol: .. sounds vaguely familiar

(2) Took Washington's best shot ?? We are talking about a 3-13 team that has absolutely dissolved

(3) Dallas' D was playing Washington....hence they "responded"

(I still think Dallas can win--but there is absolutely nothing to give any of us fans hope other than hope itself)

So many things to comment on here.

(1) Foles doesn't have any big win or go home games under his belt ??? How ironic that you said that :lol: .. sounds vaguely familiar

(2) Took Washington's best shot ?? We are talking about a 3-13 team that has absolutely dissolved

(3) Dallas' D was playing Washington....hence they "responded"

(I still think Dallas can win--but there is absolutely nothing to give any of us fans hope other than hope itself)

I sort of agree on (1). But I do recall Dallas beating Philadelphia in the first round back in 2009.

On (2), Philadelphia took Minnesota's best shot and crumbled.

On (3), Philadelphia "D" was playing Minnesota without A. Peterson and still lost.

That in itself gives me hope. Well that and the fact that Philadelphia has had problems with the NFC East all season long.

He has two years left on his contract. I wonder how much that would go against the cap, unless he retires.

His pay next year is somewhere in the range of 16 million. Cutting him, however, will prorate some of the contract and cost more.

The Cowboys will do what they've always done...they'll move the money around in the contracts of guys like Ware, Romo, Witten, and Carr. They'll also look for a way to sign Tyron Smith and Bryant long term.

The Eagles should have no problem hanging 40 on Dallas this game. I do not expect the Dallas Offense to keep pace and the Defense will not stop Mccoy's running nor the passing game of the Eagles. Too many injuries and terrible coaching. This is Garrett's last game as the head coach and hopefully the whole coaching staff gets let go all the way down to the water boys!

I see Dallas doing like they did last time. McCoy was shutdown. With Murray back I believe they move the ball better. Jerry has fooled us before when he said someone was safe and no changes will occur. I kind of think he will keep Garrett. The best thing for Tony Romo as he recovers for a fresh season next year.

I see Dallas doing like they did last time. McCoy was shutdown. With Murray back I believe they move the ball better. Jerry has fooled us before when he said someone was safe and no changes will occur. I kind of think he will keep Garrett. The best thing for Tony Romo as he recovers for a fresh season next year.

Keeping Garrett is the worst thing for Romo and the stupidest thing that Jones could do. Red has hurt Romo's career and the chances of the Cowboys winning a Superbowl because he has poor game management skills and does not hold players accountable for stupid mistakes. No way we control Mccoy with the injuries we have on defense.

Keeping Garrett is the worst thing for Romo and the stupidest thing that Jones could do. Red has hurt Romo's career and the chances of the Cowboys winning a Superbowl because he has poor game management skills and does not hold players accountable for stupid mistakes. No way we control Mccoy with the injuries we have on defense.

The only difference in this game on injuries is Sean Lee out. DeMarcuss Ware is playing this time and was not the first time around. Lee was the main reason we shut down McCoy last time. Dallas can still do it but have got to hit the plays early and prevent them from developing. Cutting their options out will be key. The pass will more likely hurt Dallas.

The only difference in this game on injuries is Sean Lee out. DeMarcuss Ware is playing this time and was not the first time around.

Come on Space. You know a big difference in this game is that Foles now has some experience with this offense (as does the rest of the team). There is a BIG difference in this game & you know it. Doesn't mean that Dallas can't win. But to deny that is like saying Romo's absence doesn't matter. You wouldn't really say you would be as comfortable this week with Orton as you would if he had started 8 or so games would you ??

I agree with this 100%

Reviewing the first matchup -

Both Ware and DeMarco Murray missed the first game in Philly. Murray's absence especially hurt; neither Randle nor Tanner did a very good job, and Tanner had the mistake on a release route that caused an interception. This play led to the Eagles' sole score.

Sean Lee and J.J. Wilcox were the heroes on defense. Wilcox broke up a td pass and was robbed of an interception. Lee forced McCoy to cut back often, where he would run into several defenders waiting for him. Carter and Church were physical at the point, the entire defensive line constantly reset the line of scrimmage backward into McCoy, and the entire Man to Man scheme allowed the Cowboys to be physical.

Brandon Carr was allowed to match up with DeSean Jackson and he manhandled him most of the game. Jackson is a weapon, but he does not like the physical side of the game. Claiborne had one of his best games against Riley Cooper, who only showed up in garbage time against a Prevent defense. Claiborne should return for this game, although he will most likely back up Scandrick (who may be used to cover Jackson this time around; Carr was emaciated by the flu last week.)

Trent Cole has suddenly come alive on the Philly defense, but he has to run into Pro Bowler Tyron Smith. That's a win for Smith. On the other side Free did a good job on Connor Barwin. The middle of the Cowboys O-line struggled, but Fredbeard and Bernandau have really come on strong the last few games. They'll be tested by phenom DT Fletcher Cox. Philly likes to shift fronts and linebackers constantly; picking up the blitz to protect Orton will decide the game most likely.

DeVonte Holloman will again start at the Mike. He can't predict like Lee can, but he can rip off blocks, and that will help against McCoy. Dallas stayed with a 7 man front to contain McCoy, and they will try it again here.

Heath has been getting the nod over Wilcox as well, and it's to be seen how he'll handle protecting the deep middle.

Jason Hatcher will matchup with LG Mathis, the Eagles' best lineman. He destroyed him last time, but Hatcher has disappeared the last several games due to injuries. Ware can break down LT Jason Peters, but he's fighting at least 4 injuries (MRI on elbow this week.) George Selvie faced rookie RT Lane Johnson in the first matchup, and Selvie is far too powerful for the rookie to handle one on one.

Tight ends have been a problem for the Cowboys to cover. Celek is a decent pass-catching option, but rookie Zach Ertz is the real problem; he can attack the seam in a Cover 1 and cause issues there.

The Philly corners like to be physical in the pass, but not the run. Both Bradley Fletcher and Cary Williams contained Dez Bryant by the tried and true method of holding on to him and not letting go. Miles Austin isn't an option at this point; he's steadily lost snaps to Cole Beasley, who may have a tough matchup against slot corner Boykin. Terrance Williams is extremely hot and cold, but he has to have a good game here and hold onto the ball. Both safeties Patrick Chung and Nate Allen aren't very good; they'll freelance quite a bit, and it gets them into trouble. They also shy away from heavy contact against the run.

Rooting for the Cowboys since before I was born... Tom Landry is still the greatest coach in Cowboy history... I have been wanting Jason Garret to be successful ever since that Thanksgiving Day game...I like Tony Romo because I remember how bad it really was prior to him playing QB...I like Jason Whitten because he is the toughest man in the NFL...Demacus Ware and Jason Hatcher are good people...Doug Free is an honorable man..Geroge Selvie, Ernie Sims, Jeff Heath and others like them play the game the right way. So Cowboys hit em in the mouth and take first place.

+1000000000000000

Rooting for the Cowboys since before I was born... Tom Landry is still the greatest coach in Cowboy history... I have been wanting Jason Garret to be successful ever since that Thanksgiving Day game...I like Tony Romo because I remember how bad it really was prior to him playing QB...I like Jason Whitten because he is the toughest man in the NFL...Demacus Ware and Jason Hatcher are good people...Doug Free is an honorable man..Geroge Selvie, Ernie Sims, Jeff Heath and others like them play the game the right way. So Cowboys hit em in the mouth and take first place.

It's funny some of our comments on here. But then I see some by some of the Eagle players and I just laugh out of control how easy some get the "big head". They get so full of themselves and just start rattling of stupid comments. That's the kind of stuff that usually comes back and bites you. Let's see if McCoy's mouth overloads is rearend for this game.

It's easy to see Dallas winning this game. When you look at what they have put on the field through out this season and the circumstances, how could one not expect a win.