Kilgore vs Carthage in District for 2014

WhoamI97539

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds just like the smack Kilgore talked until they got got it shoved down THEIR throat December 20, 2013 at Jerry World.

You sound like one of the several Carthage players that stormed over to taunt the Kilgore side after the end of the game....

You sound like one of the several Carthage players that stormed over to taunt the Kilgore side after the end of the game....

I think he was the one that threw the last block to get Pip the final TD...gotta love fans that live it out through somebody else's

Now its up to several players..lol..i guess the Kilgore fans saw how crazy it sounded to use one kids actions as a way to justify their coaches poor sportsmanship after the game. Could you Kilgore fans please explain how kids are supposed to act after winning their first/only championship? If the player(s) did anything that can't be explained as a KID just celebrating the championship, then the player(s) was wrong.

Now its up to several players..lol..i guess the Kilgore fans saw how crazy it sounded to use one kids actions as a way to justify their coaches poor sportsmanship after the game. Could you Kilgore fans please explain how kids are supposed to act after winning their first/only championship? If the player(s) did anything that can't be explained as a KID just celebrating the championship, then the player(s) was wrong.

Kids will be kids, but the adults should still act like adults. I saw the poor sportsmanship too. Bad enough that a kid would gloat, but an adult should still act like an adult.

I think he was the one that threw the last block to get Pip the final TD...gotta love fans that live it out through somebody else's

Actually no... I have posted Several times that it doesn't matter what anyone on Smoaky says about Anything, because the Only ones who decide anything are the kids playing... Am I a player? No. Do I enjoy watching the game? Absolutely. That's called being a supportive FAN, & nothing more. There are many on here who take themselves Way too seriously; it's a GAME, folks.

Not sure whether I'll help the issue or add more fuel the the fire, but after talking with a couple of Kilgore coaches and players and also a few friends from Carthage, the actions of one player is getting way too much emphasis. The fact that the Carthage team as a whole came to the Kilgore side if the field and taunted the Kilgore team lined up down the sideline, and no Carthage coach stepped in seems to have been the bigger issue. Again, I'm not taking either side, I'm a big Kilgore and Carthage fan, having been to all four Carthage championship games sand several playoff games. This was a behavior I have never seen them demonstrate, and seems to be what dissappontef the people from Carthage and Kilgore. I even commented to the people I was with that was very uncharacteristic of a Surrat coached team.

Not sure whether I'll help the issue or add more fuel the the fire, but after talking with a couple of Kilgore coaches and players and also a few friends from Carthage, the actions of one player is getting way too much emphasis. The fact that the Carthage team as a whole came to the Kilgore side if the field and taunted the Kilgore team lined up down the sideline, and no Carthage coach stepped in seems to have been the bigger issue. Again, I'm not taking either side, I'm a big Kilgore and Carthage fan, having been to all four Carthage championship games sand several playoff games. This was a behavior I have never seen them demonstrate, and seems to be what dissappontef the people from Carthage and Kilgore. I even commented to the people I was with that was very uncharacteristic of a Surrat coached team.

LOL...this story gets better and better each time its told

Both teams could have handled that postgame a little better, IMO. Carthage should have done their celebrating on their own side of the field. Waving the newspapers and beating their chests on Kilgore's hash was not cool. Regardless, Kilgore should not have given Surratt the cold shoulder because it's not like he can control the actions of 100+ people on his sideline in the 2-3 minutes following a SC win. Boys will be boys. No big deal.

I personally believe sportsmanship should be taught in all sports. If coaches put greater emphasis on conducting oneself in a more respectful manner toward their opponent, perhaps one day, we can actually see a player, whether high school, college or pro, score without having to watch the "Look at ME, Look what I just did!" Attention grabbing dances we have to watch. Once these kids make it to the professional level, making millions of dollars, I don't Really care to watch that type of display by someone paid so well. That would be like watching the carhop at Sonic spike your drink cup after bringing your food to you!