Best team in Texas

Bclove05

Last night near the end of the A&M game one of the espn announcers said A&M is the team in Texas right now. Of course my Aggie friends on Facebook loved that. I told them I think Baylor is the best team in Texas right now. There response was when baylors offense can make half the plays A&M can then they can be the team in Texas. So in your opinion who was the best team in Texas this year?

They didn't say the best team in texas. The announcer said THE team in texas. And he was right.

And if baylor and a&m played the score would be 65-64 either way.

I said the same thing. A&M wouldn't be able to stop Baylor.

Baylor would have no chance of stopping A&M either.

The state is WAY down this year period...The stage is too much for Baylor tonight. If they are the best team in the state the Big 12 is terrible. Once again none of the Texas teams play any D...UCF is not very good and is handling the Bears. Baylor hammers UT, gets hammered by OSU and OU hammers OSU???? go figure...

The state is WAY down this year period...The stage is too much for Baylor tonight. If they are the best team in the state the Big 12 is terrible. Once again none of the Texas teams play any D...UCF is not very good and is handling the Bears. Baylor hammers UT, gets hammered by OSU and OU hammers OSU???? go figure...

UCF went 11-1 with their only loss being a 3 point loss to S Carolina. They also had a top 15 scoring defense!

I'd say they were pretty good.

It hurts to say, but ATM is the best team in Texas right now. The Baylor secondary is playing absolutely horrible tonight. And although the Aggie defense looked bad against Duke, they (Aggies) were more physical than Baylor has been. If UCF holds, Texas will remain the only in state team to win a BCS bowl game.

UCF went 11-1 with their only loss being a 3 point loss to S Carolina. They also had a top 15 scoring defense!

I watched UCF beat UH..im an alum, and SMU and probably should have been beat by both. Yes I watched them beat Lou in a great game also. I kept a close eye on the American Conf. this year because of my Coogs and agian was never really impressed with UCF. They look really good tonight and Baylor looks terrible. So my pt is the Big 12 is not very good. Winner of the American Ath Conf whips the Big 12 champ...The Big 12 is not very good...period. O i forgot about the last second Temple upset...

They also have George O'Leary as the HC. That guy has won everywhere he has been. He built Ga Tech from being a bottom dweller to respectable, and now UCF to much of the same. Although they are in a weak conference, look for them to get better and better.

However, I don't think there is a best "team" in Texas. Baylor's offense is as good and dynamic as A&M's and neither has a defense. Hell, some could argue that UNT deserves as much respect as the other 2. (just kidding, kinda...)