Best team in Texas

Bclove05

They also have George O'Leary as the HC. That guy has won everywhere he has been. He built Ga Tech from being a bottom dweller to respectable, and now UCF to much of the same. Although they are in a weak conference, look for them to get better and better.

Dead on... one overlooks O'Leary to their own peril. Were it not for the resume scandal a few years back, he'd likely have built ND into a perennial powerhouse by now. As an OU fan, I would be extremely nervous if he was a candidate for the UT job. Dude is a stone cold winner.

UCF went 11-1 with their only loss being a 3 point loss to S Carolina. They also had a top 15 scoring defense!

I'd say they were pretty good.

Oh so now the Big East (or whatever it's called now) is legit? Cause that was your pathetic attempt at damage control when A&M beat the ACC runner up in the highest rated non BCS game in like 15 years.

For the second year in a row, the BDF champion gets humiliated in their bowl. Who didn't see THAT coming?

Oh so now the Big East (or whatever it's called now) is legit? Cause that was your pathetic attempt at damage control when A&M beat the ACC runner up in the highest rated non BCS game in like 15 years.

For the second year in a row, the BDF champion gets humiliated in their bowl. Who didn't see THAT coming?

For the umpteenth time in a row, you're comprehension skills have failed you! Who didn't see THAT coming?!

Where did I say ANYTHING about the Big East?! I said that ONE team was pretty good. And I said 'pretty good', not even great!

I'm also curious where I ever mentioned my opinion of the ACC as a conference as well? What I did say, was that I find it amusing that some Aggies now want to act like it's great just because you beat Duke when ALL season long you've talked down on the ACC as one of the weakest conferences!

If you want to see anything pathetic, read all pathetic attempts at insults.

For the umpteenth time in a row, you're comprehension skills have failed you! Who didn't see THAT coming?!

Where did I say ANYTHING about the Big East?! I said that ONE team was pretty good. And I said 'pretty good', not even great!

I'm also curious where I ever mentioned my opinion of the ACC as a conference as well? What I did say, was that I find it amusing that some Aggies now want to act like it's great just because you beat Duke when ALL season long you've talked down on the ACC as one of the weakest conferences!

If you want to see anything pathetic, read all pathetic attempts at insults.

1. Show me where A&M fans talked down on the ACC all season. Oh you can't and are just making stuff up? Yeah, figures. Regardless of what you say about Duke, they were better than Texas and won their division, and 10 games.

2. Yeah UCF is pretty good. Although it doesn't take much to humiliate a BDF champion. TCU and WVU were "good" too before actually playing competition with a pulse (and as bad as the BDF is, they do have a pulse at least). UPGRAAAAAAAADE! LOL

1. Show me where A&M fans talked down on the ACC all season. Oh you can't and are just making stuff up? Yeah, figures. Regardless of what you say about Duke, they were better than Texas and won their division, and 10 games.

2. Yeah UCF is pretty good. Although it doesn't take much to humiliate a BDF champion. TCU and WVU were "good" too before actually playing competition with a pulse (and as bad as the BDF is, they do have a pulse at least). UPGRAAAAAAAADE! LOL

1. Duke has played in 10 bowl games all time! They haven't won a bowl game since 1960! Yea, they're better than Texas.

2. "it doesn't take much to humiliate a BDF champion".....Yet you could only avg 6 wins a year there! LOL

1. Duke has played in 10 bowl games all time! They haven't won a bowl game since 1960! Yea, they're better than Texas.

2. "it doesn't take much to humiliate a BDF champion".....Yet you could only avg 6 wins a year there! LOL

1. What Texas did in the past has nothing to do with how bad Duke would beat them this season. Derp. Dkr would be turning in his grave if he saw the state of tu fans now. "Well we did well 10 years ago and Duke didn't so we'd obviously beat them!" LOL!!! Central Florida has only played in 6 bowls all team and demolished the BDF champion. So? You said they're good now, yet overlooking their lack of a bowl history. Yet with Duke you're saying they're no good now because their bowl history isn't stellar. Now you're not only making stuff up, you've been reduced to a lying hypocrite. Nice! Given enough time, the associates, and the dumpster fire that is Texas football, we all knew a meltdown would happen haha

2. Yay for jumping back in the time machine to our worst seasons in years under Fran. Fact is now, we demolished your champion last year (while Oregon toyed with the other one) and this year the champion got beat by UCF while your 2nd-5th place teams will all likely lose too.

This is getting really old, really fast.

Is the Duke football program better than Texas? No

Would Duke beat Texas this year? Most likely

Would ATM beat Texas this year? Even more likely

Is ATM in a better situation than years prior? Obviously yes... although the wins may not show it this year, and their defense was among the worst in the country, they are putting together some very good recruiting classes that could bring some big wins to B/CS in the near future.

Will Texas rebound? Texas is closer than most people outside of Texas want to admit. The QB position and a clueless defensive coordinator in the early part of the year killed the Longhorns. I wish the two would have happened together, but they did not. A new head coach with assistants can do wonders for a program - see ATM.

Will Baylor always be Baylor? Tough to say. It won't happen if Briles can't get in some top defensive front seven players.

Can OU beat Alabama? He's not called Big Name Bob for nothing (sarcasm). The QB position is hurting OU as well. Of course they have been spoiled over the years at that position.

Any other questions? I don't mind giving common sense answers even though I'm a UT Longhorn.... Hook 'em Horns!

This is getting really old, really fast.

Is the Duke football program better than Texas? No

Would Duke beat Texas this year? Most likely

Would ATM beat Texas this year? Even more likely

Is ATM in a better situation than years prior? Obviously yes... although the wins may not show it this year, and their defense was among the worst in the country, they are putting together some very good recruiting classes that could bring some big wins to B/CS in the near future.

Will Texas rebound? Texas is closer than most people outside of Texas want to admit. The QB position and a clueless defensive coordinator in the early part of the year killed the Longhorns. I wish the two would have happened together, but they did not. A new head coach with assistants can do wonders for a program - see ATM.

Will Baylor always be Baylor? Tough to say. It won't happen if Briles can't get in some top defensive front seven players.

Can OU beat Alabama? He's not called Big Name Bob for nothing (sarcasm). The QB position is hurting OU as well. Of course they have been spoiled over the years at that position.

Any other questions? I don't mind giving common sense answers even though I'm a UT Longhorn.... Hook 'em Horns!

Duke/Texas would have made for one hell of a bowl game. Better than Texas/Oregon...

As for "Baylor being Baylor", losing a BCS game after winning the conference is far from "being Baylor." Kansas is the new Baylor apparently.

I agree you can't have it both ways. These were the same guys who actually said OU didn't want too be at the Cotton last year".

365 days have passed since the 2013 Cotton Bowl and you still don't get it. No one in the Big 12 wanted to play A&M. The Cotton Bowl Selection Committee made a huge mistake selecting A&M. As any Big 12 team would have done - OU refused to play A&M.

I for one think the Acc is ahead of the Big 12 and behind the Big 10. Of course the first is the SeC followed by the Pac.

Not according to the current standings. I do agree that the ACC is up only because of Duke and Fl. State.

Big 12 will be up in two years foe sure because the QB play will be really high.

Not according to the current standings. I do agree that the ACC is up only because of Duke and Fl. State.

Big 12 will be up in two years foe sure because the QB play will be really high.

Agreed. The Big XII has tons of great QBs. Only thing is, Petty will have just graduated, but Baylor will throw another QB in there who will put up numbers.

Clemson is another good ACC team though.