Explaining my Hall of Fame ballot

Wild74

I hope they keep the roid stars out of the Hall, but there will be the argument that they were never caught. I do think they should remove some of the voters, simply because some schmuck doesn't want a few of the players to be unanimously voted in. Sometimes I think some of these sportswriters also won't vote for particular players because they didn't grant them an interview in the past or sadi something to them that made them mad. What I would also like to see happen is for them to set a bar for future inductee's. I realize that we have a few players in the HOF that some don't agree should be in the HOF.

I may be the biggest Astros fan on here. Yeah, I believe he did. Those massive forearms just appeared & disappeared.

I try to think he didn't but I can't help but to second guess those thoughts...

Either way, I have never been his biggest fan. I got a chance to meet him when I was in junior high at a charity event. He was extremely rude and didn't hide the fact he didn't want to be there...

Biggio should have made it.

Yes, it's a shame how some voters did not vote for him. I think there should be a "senior committee" that reviews how some of these "suspect" voters vote and there should be a process for them to be purged.

I can't believe some of you guys think Biggio didn't use roids. One of the most durable guys in the game and played many many games without occurring the serious injuries that you see out of the same type of players in today's game (Jeter). You can't have standards for the HOF, either. The game evolves too often and numbers change from over the course of a few years. My 2 cents is that roids were a part of the game during that time, the game was exciting. The guys that juiced were just keeping up. I promise there were over 75% of guys juicing when Biggio played.

I can't believe some of you guys think Biggio didn't use roids. One of the most durable guys in the game and played many many games without occurring the serious injuries that you see out of the same type of players in today's game (Jeter). You can't have standards for the HOF, either. The game evolves too often and numbers change from over the course of a few years. My 2 cents is that roids were a part of the game during that time, the game was exciting. The guys that juiced were just keeping up. I promise there were over 75% of guys juicing when Biggio played.

Guilt by association here is BS. I saw Biggio play through injuries and pain his whole career. He was as tough and gritty as they get. There is no evidence at all that he took steroids and he never went through any physical changes apart from the natural aging process, unlike others.

Guilt by association here is BS. I saw Biggio play through injuries and pain his whole career. He was as tough and gritty as they get. There is no evidence at all that he took steroids and he never went through any physical changes apart from the natural aging process, unlike others.

Come on man. You ever seen the guy up close? He had ripples in forearm muscles that body builders didn't have, lol. He took them, promise. He had to or he would've been lost in the mix. You can deny it all you want, but he knows, as well as others in the know.

Come on man. You ever seen the guy up close? He had ripples in forearm muscles that body builders didn't have, lol. He took them, promise. He had to or he would've been lost in the mix. You can deny it all you want, but he knows, as well as others in the know.

Horse manure! You can look at his rookie pictures from 89 and pictures of him throughout his career. Other than the natural aging process there is not much of a difference. Certainly nothing to suggest steroid use. You are as full or #### as a Christmas turkey!

Horse manure! You can look at his rookie pictures from 89 and pictures of him throughout his career. Other than the natural aging process there is not much of a difference. Certainly nothing to suggest steroid use. You are as full or #### as a Christmas turkey!

Not all roid users get bigger and put on muscle mass or what not. Depends on how you use them and what kind you're taking. I mentioned Biggio and roids because there weren't many guys who made it to the bigs during that time that didn't use them, and they were pitchers. Roids also make your body last longer and aid you in playing at a high level for more years...which Biggio did.

Not all roid users get bigger and put on muscle mass or what not. Depends on how you use them and what kind you're taking. I mentioned Biggio and roids because there weren't many guys who made it to the bigs during that time that didn't use them, and they were pitchers. Roids also make your body last longer and aid you in playing at a high level for more years...which Biggio did.

... and you know this to be true about Biggio ... "just because"? No actual evidence? Just unsubstantiated accusations because he played with others who used them? Horse manure ... how about Greg Maddux? or Cal Ripken, Jr? or dozens of other great players ... are they guilty too? You want to just smear everybody who played over the past 20 years?

... and you know this to be true about Biggio ... "just because"? No actual evidence? Just unsubstantiated accusations because he played with others who used them? Horse manure ... how about Greg Maddux? or Cal Ripken, Jr? or dozens of other great players ... are they guilty too? You want to just smear everybody who played over the past 20 years?

Greg Maddux, no. Cal Ripken? Not sure about that one. But I've been around Biggio. I've peered through the turtle many times behind him and watched balls fly way further than they should have off his bat.

Greg Maddux, no. Cal Ripken? Not sure about that one. But I've been around Biggio. I've peered through the turtle many times behind him and watched balls fly way further than they should have off his bat.

Soooo Kreskin .... you are able to just look at someone and KNOW someone defiantly used steroids? Biggio wasn't some power hitter hitting monstrously long fly balls ... I remember him hitting a lot of doubles and singles with an occasional HR. I believe he succeeded through hard work and determination.

Soooo Kreskin .... you are able to just look at someone and KNOW someone defiantly used steroids? Biggio wasn't some power hitter hitting monstrously long fly balls ... I remember him hitting a lot of doubles and singles with an occasional HR. I believe he succeeded through hard work and determination.

I don't get the Kreskin part. You're right, he didn't hit many balls a long ways in the games, but BP was a different story. Certain rounds of BP, he would hit them where Bagwell was hitting them.

I don't get the Kreskin part. You're right, he didn't hit many balls a long ways in the games, but BP was a different story. Certain rounds of BP, he would hit them where Bagwell was hitting them.

Ohhhh, so batting practice was how you were able to defiantly determine Biggio was on steroids .... laughable!

Real hard to throw the PED label on guys because of the way the ball comes off their bat and the carry they get during BP. Granted, the guy was the greatest to ever pick up a bat and a true freak of nature, but Teddy Ballgame hit tape measure bombs as a 6'4", 146 lb. rookie in 1939.

That's not the only part you don't get!