Gladewater Head Coach

ChampsBreak

Unrealistic !

No one is strong enough to with-stand influence! And most people know that. I think you are just attempting to make a moral societal statement here.

The only statement I am trying to make is that when parents bring a child into this world , THEY have a responsibility to that child to raise it. It worked for me & Millions of others! You don't abandon that child for OTHERS to be "role models" for!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He made a horrible horrible mistake, and common sense says that surely this isnt the first time he has made this mistake.

Well considering he was arrested for having an open container while at Longview, it's pretty obvious it definitely isn't the first time he's made the mistake.

Beacuse again how does he handle the situation

How many times will you say the same thing? THEY DO NOT HAVE TWO PARENTS, period. Did you ever watch pro sports and think I want to be like player X? If you did they are a role model, if you didnt then that is hard to believe. When Jeff Bagwell was playing in Houston we had all these players coming in trying to bat just like him. I know my parents were my role models but they were not the only ones.

Also if you went to church then I am betting others also taught you right from wrong, as did your teachers, principals, and hey EVEN coaches

The world is SCREWED when people pass on their responsibility to the kids to OTHERS! Prison populations & Obituary columns prove that today's parents have abandonded their children because they(the parents) will not TRY to do their jobs.

The only statement I am trying to make is that when parents bring a child into this world , THEY have a responsibility to that child to raise it. It worked for me & Millions of others! You don't abandon that child for OTHERS to be "role models" for!

Who on earth say anything about abandoning their child? Children, most the time, have different role models than their parents. I know I sure as heck did. Lucky you if your parents were so amazing that they were the absolute perfect role models for you, but most the time that isn't the case.

Who on earth say anything about abandoning their child? Children, most the time, have different role models than their parents. I know I sure as heck did. Lucky you if your parents were so amazing that they were the absolute perfect role models for you, but most the time that isn't the case.

I am flogging a DEAD HORSE here...

Fact is, we have a guy that is dealing with kids every day that doesn't have any sense of value on his own life or others around them, or else he wouldn't be putting himself and especially others in the situation he did by drinking and driving.

Should he be fired, that's not up to any of us. I think he needs help more than anything. We don't know any of the story other than he put his life and others at risk because he was foolish. And he clearly has done this numerous times over and just not been caught passed out.

Thankfully no one was injured this time.

I am flogging a DEAD HORSE here...

No, you're making an asinine argument!

Fact is, we have a guy that is dealing with kids every day that doesn't have any sense of value on his own life or others around them, or else he wouldn't be putting himself and especially others in the situation he did by drinking and driving.

Should he be fired, that's not up to any of us. I think he needs help more than anything. We don't know any of the story other than he put his life and others at risk because he was foolish. And he clearly has done this numerous times over and just not been caught passed out.

+1

Sorry, but there is only 1 circumstance that matters here, and we do know it......He was drunk driving! Why was he drunk driving (this would be those circumstances leading up to it that you're referring to)....doesn't matter and I don't care. Only the 1 circumstance is what put everyone else on the road in danger.

Were you or any one else in the car with him and can testify to the fact.

Why are you so judgemental?

He was passed out in his car! I don't need to have been there to attest to that.

Why am I being so judgemental? Maybe because I have had both friends AND family affected by drunk drivers. In one case, one was lost. That's why! I have ZERO sympathy nor tolerance for drunk drivers.

Agree.

Testify to what fact? He was arrested for being passed out after drinking and driving. What more is there to testify to? It doesn't matter the back story. That's not for us to know about anyways.

He put innocent people in danger, not to mention himself, for a reason I can guarantee you is not good enough to equal the potential outcome of his actions.

I have ZERO sympathy nor tolerance for drunk drivers.

Ditto. I've lost my best friend to one. Should the man be fired? I'm not going to comment on that, because that is up to the board and the Superintendent to decide. However, if he was drunk driving, then he should be punished for it imo.

Ditto. I've lost my best friend to one. Should the man be fired? I'm not going to comment on that, because that is up to the board and the Superintendent to decide. However, if he was drunk driving, then he should be punished for it imo.

Exactly! I haven't said he should be fired either as that decision is obviously not up to me, but if that's what happens, I have no sympathy for him.

My point the whole time has been simple....... If the powers that be say he should be fired then he should be fired. They will investigate and will make a decision that is best for the children and that community. My only argument has been that I thing it is wrong that people come on here and say he should be fired simply from reading the report.

Every situation is different and every single one of them should be judged independently..... not 1 blanket punishment for all.

I am appalled at some of the statements on this thread...... then again....looking around the state of things, I shouldn't be surprised.

There are TONS of professions that have serious consequences to receiving a DUI..... I have one of those jobs. As a health care professional that works under a license issued by the state of Texas, I can tell you an arrest of that magnitude would put me in serious jeopardy of losing that license. Being a second offense, I can assure you a major suspension would be in store at the very LEAST.

Why am I held to a higher standard than the "average joe"? Because people's well-being is placed in my hands. If I'm stupid enough to make a decision like that, then do I really need to have people's lives in my hands??? I think that's a fair question. Same as cops, same as doctors, same as.....teachers!!

He's apparently missing some cognition here when alcohol is involved. He's been caught twice.... it begs the question of how many times it has ACTUALLY happened.

And as a side note.... as a person that works in a trauma center ER...... DRUNK DRIVING IS STUPID. It kills people. It maims people. It ruins lives.

If you want to get drunk and hit a tree at 80mph.....that's one thing. But sadly....the drunk usually forces an innocent person off the road and THEY hit a tree and lose their life (or lives with passengers). The Drunk is the one that usually ends up uninjured.... while that innocent person ends up with a brain injury....or paralyzed, etc. I've seen some of the most unimaginable things thanks to drunk driving. Deaths of infants. Children lost.....young and old. Mothers and fathers lost. Brothers and sisters lost. Families decimated.

As a person that endured the loss of a sibling last year, I wouldn't wish pain like that on ANYONE.

Stupid. It's stupid. Period. And defending it is mind-boggling.

Don't believe me? Come work a Saturday night with me and see what we see at 3 and 4AM.

I bet I'd hear some changed tunes.

-------

And before I get accused of being on my moral high horse........ I drink. I drink often. And at times, I can drink in heavy quantities. There are posters on SDC that can attest to it because they have witnessed it.

But they have also seen me both have a DD..... and be others' DD. It's not that hard to do.

In fact.....a certain SDCer was mine a few weeks ago (shut it!!! lmao)

So.....making wise decisions when you're drinking IS POSSIBLE.

Rant over.

I am appalled at some of the statements on this thread...... then again....looking around the state of things, I shouldn't be surprised.

There are TONS of professions that have serious consequences to receiving a DUI..... I have one of those jobs. As a health care professional that works under a license issued by the state of Texas, I can tell you an arrest of that magnitude would put me in serious jeopardy of losing that license. Being a second offense, I can assure you a major suspension would be in store at the very LEAST.

Why am I held to a higher standard than the "average joe"? Because people's well-being is placed in my hands. If I'm stupid enough to make a decision like that, then do I really need to have people's lives in my hands??? I think that's a fair question. Same as cops, same as doctors, same as.....teachers!!

He's apparently missing some cognition here when alcohol is involved. He's been caught twice.... it begs the question of how many times it has ACTUALLY happened.

And as a side note.... as a person that works in a trauma center ER...... DRUNK DRIVING IS STUPID. It kills people. It maims people. It ruins lives.

If you want to get drunk and hit a tree at 80mph.....that's one thing. But sadly....the drunk usually forces an innocent person off the road and THEY hit a tree and lose their life (or lives with passengers). The Drunk is the one that usually ends up uninjured.... while that innocent person ends up with a brain injury....or paralyzed, etc. I've seen some of the most unimaginable things thanks to drunk driving. Deaths of infants. Children lost.....young and old. Mothers and fathers lost. Brothers and sisters lost. Families decimated.

As a person that endured the loss of a sibling last year, I wouldn't wish pain like that on ANYONE.

Stupid. It's stupid. Period. And defending it is mind-boggling.

Don't believe me? Come work a Saturday night with me and see what we see at 3 and 4AM.

I bet I'd hear some changed tunes.

-------

And before I get accused of being on my moral high horse........ I drink. I drink often. And at times, I can drink in heavy quantities. There are posters on SDC that can attest to it because they have witnessed it.

But they have also seen me both have a DD..... and be others' DD. It's not that hard to do.

In fact.....a certain SDCer was mine a few weeks ago (shut it!!! lmao)

So.....making wise decisions when you're drinking IS POSSIBLE.

Rant over.

Great post!