Team from Alaska coming to Texas to play Stephenville

Eagleborn

Have you ever been to Stephenville? That probably ain't happening. I would think that there will be some overflow fans that have to sit on that side. But on those films look how small those Alaska lineman are. The Ville D will be in the backfield all night long

No kidding! These Alaska kids just want a taste of the Friday Night Lights scene in Texas they've heard and read about for years. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I just hope we, as Texans, are hospitable hosts to these kids who have only dreamed of being a part of Texas football.

This Alaska team has traveled and played teams from Washington, California, and Florida thus far. This will be their first trip to Texas, whom they say has THE best high school football in the country. Of course, we Texans already feel that way, but to hear other teams in other states say it just reiterates what we already know.

I have a feeling that this team is a little better than some will give credit for. I don't think they will be able to beat Stephenville, but they will likely make a good showing, and that's what it's all about for them. I like the idea of playing out-of-state teams. If Stephenville takes them as lightly as some of the fans are, there's a chance they could get upset. I hope the 'Jackets don't take them lightly.

I agree blackflag79. It must be a great feeling to play a Texas HS football team if you're from another state. Across all levels, it offers the best HS football in America. I'm sure they will be well coached and talented. They are the #1 ranked HS football team in Alaska.

Have you ever been to Stephenville? That probably ain't happening. I would think that there will be some overflow fans that have to sit on that side. But on those films look how small those Alaska lineman are. The Ville D will be in the backfield all night long

I wouldn't say the Wolverines were small. Maybe not as thick, but some big ole boys.

See below roster from Cody's corner!

http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1785.0

South Anchorage

Offense

Position Player Class Height Weight

LT #50 Mervin Taha Sr. 6'0 230

LG #71 Nathan Lujan Jr. 6'2 265

C #51 Matthew Koegh Sr. 6'2 225

RG #72 Ben Hopp Sr. 6'0 190

RT #58 Jordan Moore Jr. 6'4 235

TE #80 Alain Devoe Sr. 6'2 225

TE #88 Jared Hudson Sr. 6'2 220