How do you judge a QB in the NFL?

You fail to mention that Elway never won a Super Bowl till Terrell Davis was around and did I mention one of the top defenses in the league. Oh yeah... without these no Super Bowls.

Imagine what Dallas can do with both of these going for them. :)

He carried his team to 3 Super Bowls, and I have shown evidence. It has happened, with other quarterbacks as well, because they can. You simply want to make up excuses for Jerry.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have got to be the most delusional person in the history of Smoaky.com. :lol: Always a convenient excuse for Romo's short comings.

I'm sorry there Kirt, but you have no room at all to be calling someone else delusional. We've gone through every playoff game that Dallas has played since Romo has been the QB and only the playoff loss to Washington last season can be attributed to Romo. But hey, if you're a gluten for punishment, I'll be more than happy to school you on the rest of the playoff losses.

Pick a playoff game, any playoff game

You have got to be the most delusional person in the history of Smoaky.com. :lol: Always a convenient excuse for Romo's short comings.

Awwwww, there you go and hurt both my feelings. :(

How are they excuses when I and others have provided perfect evidence that it takes more to win than just the qb?

^ I'll bet you watch that every morning and every night before you go to bed ... :lol:

He doesn't realize that Romo is consistent. He's great in September and November, but proven to be horrible in October, December, and January except for December of 2012, when we went 3-2, but we lost the last two games to get knocked out of the playoffs by Washington. For some reason the Cowboys seem to get Vacationitis after Thanksgiving. Since 2006 the Cowboys have gone 14-22 in December. You have to catch fire in December, and a .389 winning percentage doesn't help you make the playoffs. That to me shows you're either resting on your laurels, you just don't care anymore (because your stats are in the bag), or your just tired of playing football.

He doesn't realize that Romo is consistent. He's great in September and November, but proven to be horrible in October, December, and January except for December of 2012, when we went 3-2, but we lost the last two games to get knocked out of the playoffs by Washington. For some reason the Cowboys seem to get Vacationitis after Thanksgiving. Since 2006 the Cowboys have gone 14-22 in December. You have to catch fire in December, and a .389 winning percentage doesn't help you make the playoffs. That to me shows you're either resting on your laurels, you just don't care anymore (because your stats are in the bag), or your just tired of playing football.

.... but it's not Romo's fault. It's the bad defense and the lack of running game and the dropped passes and the trainers and the pop corn vendors and the cheerleaders .... all their fault, not Tony Turnover and his late season fumbles, interceptions and other bonehead sub-par play.

A good QB is supposed to take control, show leadership, get their team to the playoffs, something stat boy is incapable of doing. He ain't no Eli

I'm not an Eli or Peyton fan, but you're right. When push comes to shove, you pull a Brett Favre and wing it with all you've got. Green Bay had more talent when they were being whipped by the Cowboys and shoved out of the playoffs every year from 1992-1995. They finally found it against Bill Parcells, Drew Bledsoe, Terry Glenn, and Curtis Martin. Brett didn't have a 1000 yard rusher or a 1000 yard receiver, but they got it done.

I'm not an Eli or Peyton fan, but you're right. When push comes to shove, you pull a Brett Favre and wing it with all you've got. Green Bay had more talent when they were being whipped by the Cowboys and shoved out of the playoffs every year from 1992-1995. They finally found it against Bill Parcells, Drew Bledsoe, Terry Glenn, and Curtis Martin. Brett didn't have a 1000 yard rusher or a 1000 yard receiver, but they got it done.

Brett Favre is a poor example. He has lost so many games with his reckless throwing of the football. He throws way too many ints. Sometimes your team is strong enough to overcome other issues.

I would much rather have the consistency of Tony Romo throwing when I needed a play to be made. His leadership and take control attitude is a must have if you want to win. Naturally it's hard to carry your team without a running game or defense. And we know the numerous injuries that took that toll.

I would much rather have the consistency of Tony Romo throwing when I needed a play to be made. His leadership and take control attitude is a must have if you want to win. Naturally it's hard to carry your team without a running game or defense. And we know the numerous injuries that took that toll.

:P :D :lol: :rolleyes:

Brett Favre is a poor example. He has lost so many games with his reckless throwing of the football. He throws way too many ints. Sometimes your team is strong enough to overcome other issues.

Romo is a wannabe Brett Favre that doesn't have the guts to take that route anymore. Favre kept doing what he did, because at least they made the playoffs, and he took the blame if they didn't make it. He had that kind of personality. The same with Roger Staubach, he lost 2 Super Bowls, but he showed the leadership ability direct the team. What's funny is Coach Landry went with Craig Morton in the latter part of 1970, because he couldn't trust Roger to run his system. What were Craig's stats in Super Bowl V and XII ? Dismal. By the way, this is only the third time in Super Bowl history that a quarterback has led two different teams to the Super Bowl, that list is Craig (Dallas/Denver), Kurt Warner (St. Louis (Rams)/Arizona), and Peyton Manning. I would almost include Earl Morrall of Baltimore and Miami Dolphins fame, but he was a solid back up for Unitas and Griese.

We all know it takes teamwork in the NFL to accomplish a Super Bowl Championship, but we should also understand that it takes great leadership from it's key players to lead the team. Romo doesn't have those intangibles, and it's not bad luck.

Romo is a wannabe Brett Favre that doesn't have the guts to take that route anymore. Favre kept doing what he did, because at least they made the playoffs, and he took the blame if they didn't make it. He had that kind of personality. The same with Roger Staubach, he lost 2 Super Bowls, but he showed the leadership ability direct the team. What's funny is Coach Landry went with Craig Morton in the latter part of 1970, because he couldn't trust Roger to run his system. What were Craig's stats in Super Bowl V and XII ? Dismal. By the way, this is only the third time in Super Bowl history that a quarterback has led two different teams to the Super Bowl, that list is Craig (Dallas/Denver), Kurt Warner (St. Louis (Rams)/Arizona), and Peyton Manning. I would almost include Earl Morrall of Baltimore and Miami Dolphins fame, but he was a solid back up for Unitas and Griese.

We all know it takes teamwork in the NFL to accomplish a Super Bowl Championship, but we should also understand that it takes great leadership from it's key players to lead the team. Romo doesn't have those intangibles, and it's not bad luck.

I and others say he has that leadership and other intangibles. You and yours say otherwise. Oh well, I you are mistaken. The facts cannot be proven in this. Since it is all speculative and determined entirely by opinion. So I will just say I am right.

Forget about always trying to prove to me Craig Morton was this Superstar qb. He never was. I watched all his games as well.

Romo's short comings? A poor defense and no running game is a short coming of the entire team, not just of Romo. You give Romo a solid defense like he had in 2007 and 2009, this team will go places.

And what about the rest of the team Dave? so all the losses in October, December, and January go solely on the shoulders of Romo? Is that what you're trying to say?

.... but it's not Romo's fault. It's the bad defense and the lack of running game and the dropped passes and the trainers and the pop corn vendors and the cheerleaders .... all their fault, not Tony Turnover and his late season fumbles, interceptions and other bonehead sub-par play.

Boneheaded sub-par play? Like I said, pick a playoff game ANY playoff game there Kirt. Unlike Space, I won't cut you any slack. Come on Kirt, you know you want to, you KNOW you want to. Pick a playoff game so I can let you paint yourself into a corner.

I'll even say please.

Which is what Troy Aikman did every time that he didn't have Emmitt Smith to hand the ball off to. Take Emmitt away from Troy Aikman and Green Bay would have won a few more playoff games, San Francisco too.

Boneheaded sub-par play? Like I said, pick a playoff game ANY playoff game there Kirt. Unlike Space, I won't cut you any slack. Come on Kirt, you know you want to, you KNOW you want to. Pick a playoff game so I can let you paint yourself into a corner.

I'll even say please.

amnesia? .....

How did that go for them?

That's not what you said. You said that a true leader gets his team to the playoffs, something that Romo hasn't done. I'm proving you wrong. Now then, you ask how did that go for them. In 2007 with Dallas in the lead, Romo taking the team down the field for a TD that would have sealed the game against the Giants. Romo puts a perfectly thrown ball right into the hands of Patrick Crayton where he would have easily ran it in for a TD and what does he do? that's right, Crayton drops it. Dallas loses by 4 points. But you want to blame Romo for Crayton dropping the pass?

In 2009, Dallas beats Philadelphia in the first round. Then proceeds to lose to Minnesota. But hey, maybe you have more guts than Kirt and will want to discuss that playoff game. Come on, I'm game. The question is, are you?

Favre didn't get it done against Dallas in 2007! Both teams were 10-1 and Dallas harassed Favre enough that he quit with an elbow injury. He had a couple sacks, fumble and two int's. in a little over a quarter. Tony Romo did what it took to lead his team to victory.

Which is what Troy Aikman did every time that he didn't have Emmitt Smith to hand the ball off to. Take Emmitt away from Troy Aikman and Green Bay would have won a few more playoff games, San Francisco too.

We'll never know, because Emmitt was always there in the playoffs. Great Quarterbacks continually make the playoffs, they may miss a year or two, but they are usually in the mix, especially with todays Wild Card set up. I can remember when there was only one Wild Card team, but I don't when there wasn't one. I was barely born when the last Playoff Bowl happened. Out of all the Quarterbacks in the NFL that have ever been to the playoffs only 1 is worse in playoff wins than Tony Romo and that's Matt Ryan. That's out of 140 NFL Quarterbacks that have ever played in an NFL Playoff game. Somehow, someway they were able to do it. Many pundits this year have said that without Reggie Wayne the Colts shouldn't have even made the playoffs and that they are still rebuilding after the Manning years. Even Andrew Luck has a better winning percentage with no true receivers and no defense, but he gets the job done. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_starting_quarterback_playoff_records Check this list out, and you'll see who the elite quarterbacks are for their eras. Some can say well Bart Starr played when it was 3 yards and a pile of dust, well you still had to make that extra yard or punt it.

Favre didn't get it done against Dallas in 2007! Both teams were 10-1 and Dallas harassed Favre enough that he quit with an elbow injury. He had a couple sacks, fumble and two int's. in a little over a quarter. Tony Romo did what it took to lead his team to victory.

What happened in 2009 ??? Nobody, and I mean NOBODY cares what you do in the regular season. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=4834350&sportCat=nfl . Payback with 4 touchdown passes, and Romo had 3 turnovers.