Grapeland Basketball

TheRealM

I think Grapeland is the favorite right now for Region III, but they have to beat several very good teams to reach Austin this year. Their side of the bracket alone is stacked, just to reach the Regional Finals.

Grapeland would have to beat Martins Mill or LaPoynor in the Area round before playing either Kerens or Wortham. In the Regional Semifinals they will have to beat out Big Sandy, Tenaha, San Augustine, or West Sabine, or one of several other strong teams.

The road isn't easy, but Grapeland is battle tested this year and has more depth than they have had in recent years. Looking forward to following how they do and hopefully catching a game here and there...

Grapeland played kerens earlier in the season, and grapeland out hustled them the whole game.

I saw where Grapeland won in Kerens early in the year. Big win for Grapeland, but it seems like Kerens has underachieved all year. I saw them in Tyler last year and was surprised with their youth.

Not too worried about a Grapeland vs. Kerens/Wortham game. I actually think Grapeland is more likely to catch the second place team from 19-1A or Normangee. I've seen Wortham this year and wasn't very impressed.

Grapeland's big games will be their Area matchup against Martins Mill/LaPoynor and their Regional Semifinal game against Big Sandy/Tenaha/San Augustine/West Sabine...

The other side of the bracket will probably send San Augustine/West Sabine and MM/LaPoynor to the Regional Tournament. Alto is a sleeper to get there, but not sure if they can get past SA/WS in the quarterfinals...I have a feeling it will be Mart winning 19-1A, but I have been unable to find standings on that district so I really don't know how it will shake out. Mart is athletic enough to make a run, but Grapeland handled them pretty easily last year in the playoffs.

Ive seen Grapeland several times this year, I don't think they can beat Big Sandy. Big Sandy is disciplined against the press,(beat Kountze by 2 and killed SA), that shows a press really doesn't hurt them but they also have to shoot the ball well to win bc they really don't have an inside person.

Ive seen Grapeland several times this year, I don't think they can beat Big Sandy. Big Sandy is disciplined against the press,(beat Kountze by 2 and killed SA), that shows a press really doesn't hurt them but they also have to shoot the ball well to win bc they really don't have an inside person.

I think Big Sandy is the big concern for Grapeland. Grapeland took a big lead and just held off Big Sandy from there last year.

Big Sandy was really young and their best shooter was a freshman. I think they are loaded for a run. Grapeland will have to play under control and be efficient to beat a team like Big Sandy. Something I think they are capable of, but they can't go in overconfident.

• 2 weeks later...

After coming up short the Grapeland Sandies WILL get over the hump this year and punch their ticket to Austin! They have one of the best players in Texas Patrick Walker back for his last go around and he WILL NOT come up short this year! They will be locked in and have a few tough matchups on the way but they will get the chance to bring home a ring!