first scrimage

osup116

It was good. Grapeland really came alive with the sticks.

Grapeland was good with the sticks last year and had excellent pitching, but the defense was horrendous.

They did lose a lot of key players to graduation, but there was a lot of good young players on the field. If the defense picks up the pace, I wouldn't be shocked to see another Grapeland/Beckville Regional Final. A lot of good teams in the region to get through...Harleton, Alto, Cayuga, Avery, Slocum, Lovelady to name a few

Grapeland was good with the sticks last year and had excellent pitching, but the defense was horrendous.

They did lose a lot of key players to graduation, but there was a lot of good young players on the field. If the defense picks up the pace, I wouldn't be shocked to see another Grapeland/Beckville Regional Final. A lot of good teams in the region to get through...Harleton, Alto, Cayuga, Avery, Slocum, Lovelady to name a few

Yeah, we're fixing a lot of the defense. It'll be a good year. Going to need some leaders to step up. I have a feeling a freshman is going to step up.

Yeah, we're fixing a lot of the defense. It'll be a good year. Going to need some leaders to step up. I have a feeling a freshman is going to step up.

Not too worried about the defense. They were very young last year, and they have a good coaching staff. Going to be weird not seeing Coach Padgett out there helping out. He was a lot of fun to watch and listen to last year...

A lot of good freshman coming up over the next couple of years.

Those runs with Summer Groholski and the senior class that just graduated really helped generate a lot of excitement and interest in softball in Grapeland. Some good years ahead in Sandieland...

I'm not too worried about D either but we need to have more sound fundamentals. Coaching staff will be good. Going to learn a whole lot this year. A lot of teaching of the game will be going on. Will be a great year. This weekend went well also. Good experience seeing teague and alto.

Alto - 14

Joaquin - 0

Joaquin graduate a lot or still in basketball?? Thought they went long ways last year and knocked Alto out in playoffs . . . . .

Joaquin graduated both starting pitchers, including the lefty that pitched all 24 innings in the series with y'all, as well as 3 infielders. The catcher that graduated was one of the top 3 players in our district last year. We should be pretty good by the time district rolls around, but there is work to be done. Hope to see y'all again in May.