JT's 2014 Preseason Schedule

johntylerfan

Nothing really to argue about honestly.

Your fan asked why we wouldn't want to play y'all...we answered with there's better teams out there...and y'all took offense to it for no reason other than denial. Argument over.

okay. i honestly stopped caring about the whole thing. if they play longview great. if not that is also great.

Why? Because the teams we've played are better than John Tyler. King is not in the game to make it a more friendly travel schedule or to bring more money in. Our fan base is going to do that regardless of who we play. We're lucky enough that we have that situation that we don't have to worry about our budget year after year. King is in it to make his football team better. Whether it's Coppell, the Woodlands, DeSoto, Allen...they all make us a better football team than John Tyler and Tyler Lee would IMO and clearly in the mind of King as well. Hasn't always been the case, but at the moment it most definitely is.

Plain and simple, Tyler Lee has never pulled out of a series with Longview...John Tyler has. They will most likely will be top choice when it comes to playing one or the other. JT isn't the first team to pull out of a series, and they won't be the last. But between the two schools, Lee has been as committed to playing Longview as Marshall has over the past 50 years. Not to mention, we have one of their old coaches.

Longview originally wanted John Tyler as a scrimmage again. Clearly isn't going to happen with y'all getting Belton. Now, will there be a game this season? Who knows. But John Tyler is not the top choice, and shouldn't be after hearing who the teams we're talking to are.

Longview football is going to continue to make money, as I said. It's not an issue. It might be for John Tyler, but not us. Especially since we're about to cut our travel by almost 70% to begin with by dropping down. So far our schedule is lacking any type of powerhouse. Hopefully we'll get the big one that we're talking to. If not, I'll be pretty disappointed really. We needed to up our non-district schedule and thus far just haven't been able to.

Dude calm down. You clearly didn't read my post at all..

as a JT fan, I have always gave Longview its respect on here. You can go read all my past post. I have stated many times on here that Longview is the best big school program in East Texas and one of the best in State. So for you to come at me like that is a little shocking. (but Longview fans have always been sensitive lol...)

Now if you read my post the question I asked was why you say King doesn't want to play JT and Lee on the same schedule as you and Fonz stated. Then I said this:

"Longview has been good enough for the last decade in which its probably hard for them to put together a schedule, without having to load the schedule with the Allen's, Lufkin's and Coppell's of Texas. Well no coach in their right mind wants to load their schedule up like that every yr. Playing JT, and Lee, are going to be good games, which will draw lots of people in the stands, and costs minimal amount in travel costs. In other words, the schools will make a good amount from ticket sales, and travel will be cheaper. Its a win win"

Clearly, I am acknowledging that JT is not as good as the Allen's and Coppell's now. So Why would I be upset that he scheduling teams better than JT.

And honestly if you read my post, you would understand my point. My point is that Longview has been so good lately, that He has no choice but to schedule Allen, Coppell, and etc.. because nobody else wants to play them. Believe it or not, JT has that same problem (especially in the late 90's). When you are very good, you have no choice but to load your schedule up with these teams.

BUT..... you really think Coach King wants to load his schedule up like that. HECK NO.....no coach in their right mind would load their schedule like that every yr.

And obviously you have never work in an athletic office a day in your life, because if you did, you would know that Travel costs are very important when it comes to making schedules. Why would Coach king go play a DFW school when he can play Lee or JT on the same schedule. A home and home with Lee, will draw more more fans both ways, and you avoid Gas, and bus rental costs, and food costs for kids. And the kids don't have to miss as much class. More lobo fans will travel to a game in Tyler vs a regular season game in DFW. And then you have to look at the return game as well. Will that DFW team bring a big crowd the next yr, vs what JT or Lee will bring. Because that gate money matters.

See you may not think that is important, but it is very important. That is why I don't believe for one minute that Coach King, is against scheduling Lee and JT on the same schedule as you guys both think. Longview ain't working with no million dollar budget. You are thinking Coach King makes the schedule, based on who can make them better. But I am telling you that more than that goes into a schedule. You want winnable games, you want a couple of tough games, and you want games that are easy on costs. You have to balance all of those when making a schedule.

By the way, JT may not be the best on Longview schedule, but JT ain't no scrubs either. If so coach King wouldn't scrimmage or play them every yr.