Another first for the Dallas Cowboys

They are the first team to reach the 6,000,000 "likes" milestone on Facebook. I wonder how many dislikes they would get. Since they are such a polarizing team, even with their own fans. LOL!!!

If "likes" translated into "playoff wins" you might be onto something. At this point "likes" mean about as much as "regular season stats" .... :P

Explain that to the coaches that game-plan against an opponent. You can't do it without stats.

Stats don't necessarily get you to, much less through the playoffs. The Cowboys are a prime example. In today's NFL, a lot of mediocre teams like the Cowboys are able to put up big stats. Winning has to permeate the team from the top down. The elite teams seem to be able to flip a switch come crunch time and do what it takes to come out on top and find a way to win. The Cowboys are sorely lacking in this aspect.

Stats don't necessarily get you to, much less through the playoffs. The Cowboys are a prime example. In today's NFL, a lot of mediocre teams like the Cowboys are able to put up big stats. Winning has to permeate the team from the top down. The elite teams seem to be able to flip a switch come crunch time and do what it takes to come out on top and find a way to win. The Cowboys are sorely lacking in this aspect.

Ahhh so what you are NOW saying is it is not Tony Romo's fault. Finally you admit this. However you choose wash things, the stats cannot be discounted when preparing for a game. That is how you do it. You must know strengths and weaknesses. Surely you can do better.

Ahhh so what you are NOW saying is it is not Tony Romo's fault. Finally you admit this. However you choose wash things, the stats cannot be discounted when preparing for a game. That is how you do it. You must know strengths and weaknesses. Surely you can do better.

Surely I can do better? ... :lol:

Tony Turnover ranks just under JJ and Red .... none of them are near the head of the class when it comes to producing wins that carry the team through the playoffs. None of them are "difference makes" come crunch time. They sure as heck sell merchandise and put up some offensive passing stats ... during the regular season .... :P Surely YOU can come up with something better than blaming everything on the defense ....

Wait, so teams like the Saints aren't elite? I wonder why they couldn't flip that switch to win and get into the playoffs last season. Please Kirt, help us to understand.

Tony Turnover ranks just under JJ and Red .... none of them are near the head of the class when it comes to producing wins that carry the team through the playoffs. None of them are "difference makes" come crunch time. They sure as heck sell merchandise and put up some offensive passing stats ... during the regular season .... :P Surely YOU can come up with something better than blaming everything on the defense ....

So answer me this Kirt. Why didn't the Saints go to the playoffs last season? And yes, it's a trap. I'm going to allow you to paint yourself into that proverbial corner and watch you chase after your own tail in order to attempt an escape.

Nothing like telling someone the game plan and still coming out on top.

You still are mistaken. Tony Romo has done enough to produce wins. Far more times than he has contributed to the losses. I do not think you are really that naive to not see this. I just think you have a concept that you think is funny and try to use it to death. Expand your thinking.

Yes I realize Tony Romo is responsible for Dallas' defense giving up 27 points a game. He should learn to play better defense. Yes it is his fault Dallas set all-time records for most yards given up on defense. Shame on Tony Romo. I did see him almost make a tackle once.

Since we are blaming him for all this then we need to give him credit for leading Dallas to the 5th most scoring team in the league. That is totally opposite of the defense which is 7th from the bottom.

So answer me this Kirt. Why didn't the Saints go to the playoffs last season? And yes, it's a trap. I'm going to allow you to paint yourself into that proverbial corner and watch you chase after your own tail in order to attempt an escape.

The Saints had many issues last year, most notably their Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator were suspended. I saw that Gregg Williams has re-united with Jeff Fisher. Since 2006 they are 6-4, and had a playoff win this year against Philly.

They were competitive with Seattle, and should have won based on offensive stats. That game proved Offensive stats mean nothing. NO had 25 first downs, 108 rushing yards, 309 passing yards, and only one turnover. The best defense in the league could have been beat. Seattle had 13 first downs, 174 yards rushing, but a pitiful 103 yards passing and no turnovers. On paper New Orleans shouldn't have lost that game. Even New Orleans punter had a better average, and only punted 4 times vs. 6 times for Seattle.

It all boils down to red zone scoring, and the Cowboys have been atrocious at that in the past several years. That comes down to your quarterback, and receivers. It's been one of the flaws of the Offense for the Cowboys for the past 8 years. You have to put the ball in the end zone to win football games.

They do mean everything! Without them you can't get to the playoffs.

We haven't had enough to even make the playoffs since 2010. Maybe if play calling in the red zone was changed up, we would be having success. We're not, and we can blame that on Garrett, Callahan, Jerry Jones for all we know, and Tony Romo.

^ Regular season stats don't mean Jack ... show me some playoff wins

Stats do mean something. It's why teams scout themselves. Had the Cowboy coaching staff paid any attention to one particular stat the season may have gone differently.

When Murray has 20 rushing attempts the Cowboys are undefeated. I don't have a link but I heard Dat Nguyen and a radio host say that today

We haven't had enough to even make the playoffs since 2010. Maybe if play calling in the red zone was changed up, we would be having success. We're not, and we can blame that on Garrett, Callahan, Jerry Jones for all we know, and Tony Romo.

Ooops wrong again. Dallas was like #4 in the league this year in Red Zone. Scoring is not their problem. There have been a couple years where they did not score as well as they should. Not this year at all. Forget about other seasons because they are different every year.

Secondly, It is easy to come up with games that go against the norm as you tried to point out with New Orleans and Seattle. I know of no one that has been on here saying that Offensive stats are always the one's that win. You use the stats to give yourself the best chance to win. Look for tendencies of what work and what did not. Look at how they react when something is done. You go by percentages and execute. It's not rocket science.

Stats do mean something. It's why teams scout themselves. Had the Cowboy coaching staff paid any attention to one particular stat the season may have gone differently.

When Murray has 20 rushing attempts the Cowboys are undefeated. I don't have a link but I heard Dat Nguyen and a radio host say that today

I agree with the rushing stat. Dallas did scout themselves and their intentions were to utilize the run a lot more. As you can see when the games started they almost everytime got away from running. Even when they were successfully running the ball. I believe this is a combination of Jason Garrett, Callahan and Tony Romo. They all had a hand in that this year.

Ohhh, it's a trap ... I'm scared! Let me guess ... they didn't win enough games? Their team was in total disarray with Sean Payton out of the loop and no clear leadership to steer the team. So much for your trap ... :lol:

I don't think Jerry is going to convince anyone that Romo is a great quarterback. He is good but not great. His team he has have not produced when it counts. The Defense is horrible yes , but romo has Not Led A Deep Playoff RUN when the defense was good either just saying..........

Its not that hard to get to the playoffs Jerry. Winning them is what counts. If the Cowboys hadn't choked the last three freaken years they would be in the playoffs so that doesn't translate them into a good team.

I would think that 20 teams that did not make the playoffs would disagree with you. I know I do! Sounds like you are already trying to belittle the playoffs for Dallas. Now it will be no big accomplishment according to you. You see it's the same with doubters or haters. They will always find the glass half full. Sounds like a bad relationship..... oops that's another story.

Jerry does not need to convince anyone of how good Tony Romo is. Those that like him do and those that do not, will not. Pretty simple. The FANS will continue to come and follow.

You are also correct in that the teams that Tony Romo have been on has not produced. Remember only one team each year produces when it counts. 31 others fail every year. All failure at qb's.

Peyton Manning is on a team that made the playoffs with a utility player at qb before he got their. So their team must be pretty good. So it stands to reason with a good qb they should be in position to have a successful year.

when he let the coach you know COACH. Jerry didn't make what the Cowboys of the 90s became.

And neither did Jimmy Johnson! They both had huge hands in the accomplishments. This cannot be denied. Credit goes to both of them. There is more to it than just coaching. Pretty simple as to what took place. It is well documented. I somehow do not remember Jimmy Johnson coaching in their last Super Bowl. He had been gone the next season and Dallas did not win then. They won the last one the next year. Show me where Jimmy's coaching won that one. It is a classic example of the talent that both Jimmy and Jerry and the other coaches brought in.

You might want to do some research beore posting that garbage. Jerry was a good owner but horrible GM. Switzer won with Jimmy's Boys so don't kid yourself.

Jerry and Jimmy put players on the team and Jerry must have done something else right when they won their last Super Bowl. That was not Jimmy's coaching. That had to do with his GM role.

You might want view Icons of Coaching or NFL Films. Jimmy says otherwise and everybody seel that. Its a good reason why Dallas hasn't won a Nfc Championship since = Jerry

Thanks for the updates but I already know what happened.

Just for sake of argument. Who drafted Troy Aikman? Who picked Steve Walsh? How did that work out.