The annual publications are out...

cheaptrick77

Soon the dark clouds of the off-season will clear, the sun will come out & then:giphy.gif

1555440_10152116279894333_1947902617_n.j

10773_10152131246354333_1343673536_n.jpg

WORLD SERIES PICKS:

Lindy's -- Tigers vs. Dodgers

Athlon -- Cardinals over Tigers

Sporting News -- Dodgers over Rangers

• 1 month later...

'still trying the catch him & get his very first Baseball Card signed:

attachicon.gifWASH78.jpg

Too bad you weren't over there where we were. He made himself very available to the fans for autos.

My girlfriend and I sat next to a father and his little 10 y/o son. This kid had not one but two notebooks of autos and he knew exactly what he was doing. I picked up A LOT of good tips on getting players signatures and some interesting stories from him. One thing he said really stuck in my craw was that according to him Joe Nathan would almost never sign for the fans. He would either point to his watch(indicating he had no time), or make a coughing into his fist(I'm sick) gesture every single time he walked past fans who shouted his name. I thought that was uber lame of him.

Also, super cool story that last year at a Rangers/Tigers game he made a poster board sign that said "Miguel Cabrera please sign my ball". Cabrera noticed it at some point during the game, pointed up in the seats to him and gestured for him to pass a ball down which he then signed and handed it to be passed up to the boy. THEN, he went back into the dugout, got one if his official game bats and came back out and handed it to be passed up to the boy. Talk about a really cool deal! Way to go Miggy! And shame on you J.Nathan.

This kid had not one but two notebooks of autos and he knew exactly what he was doing.

according to him Joe Nathan would almost never sign for the fans.

'sounds like my kind of kid - reminds me of a younger me !!!

My secret is (and please don't tell anyone) :D is to have the most esoteric Minor League card I can find of a player - it strikes up good conversations & usually proves to them that I am a true fan & not an adult looking to make an eBay profit ... and if they do question my intentions, I simply ask them to personalize it ;)

HHHMMM - I saw Nathan sign all the time, but had a limit ... I was also too far back in the line :/

'sounds like my kind of kid - reminds me of a younger me !!!

My secret is (and please don't tell anyone) :D is to have the most esoteric Minor League card I can find of a player - it strikes up good conversations & usually proves to them that I am a true fan & not an adult looking to make an eBay profit ... and if they do question my intentions, I simply ask them to personalize it ;)

HHHMMM - I saw Nathan sign all the time, but had a limit ... I was also too far back in the line :/

Hmm, well maybe that just happened to be the case a few times when he was there and he just made an incorrect judgement. Glad to know that isnt true.

The Cabrera story he had just made my day though. As far as autographs, something about a signed ball is my favorite....dont know why.