Mr. P

Wonder what the Brook Hill and White Oak folks are gonna think of The Pit?

You would think Tenaha would be totally embarrassed by their visitor's lack of seating. I have seen better accommodations at pee wee games. If I were a school superintendent, the only way my school would agree play them is at our stadium or a neutral field. I don't know where these games are scheduled to be played, but I hope they know what they are getting themselves into.

"You would think Tenaha would be totally embarrassed by their visitor's lack of seating. I have seen better accommodations at pee wee games. If I were a school superintendent, the only way my school would agree play them is at our stadium or a neutral field. I don't know where these games are scheduled to be played, but I hope they know what they are getting themselves into."

Well----

1) you're not a supt

2) you obviously haven't seen too many small 2A (formerly 1A) stadiums and their visitors seating... Ours is more than large comparatively speaking

3) I think we've discussed this before, but I like the ignoran.. I mean banter..

4) since we've discussed it previously, allow me to refresh--- I'm way less concerned with how comfortable the visitors are than my home fans.

5) any visiting fans that are so appalled by our accommodations can.... Well.... Not come..

Trust me--- we are not embarrassed by the Pit.. Nice try-- but you haven't hit my soft spot

They have to put the cutoff somewhere. Inevitably, it will end up with someone 8 miles down the road being in a different division. Check with your neighbors in Carlisle. I'm sure SOME of them would be willing to trade Kerens and Alto for Maud and Fruitvale.

Actually I wouldn't , as the quality of your enemy dictates the strength of your character. And in truth you are better off for it...

Always like going into games knowing that my opponent would have a even chance to win, based on talent and coaching.

That's my 2cents worth anyway...

Actually I wouldn't , as the quality of your enemy dictates the strength of your character. And in truth you are better off for it...

Always like going into games knowing that my opponent would have a even chance to win, based on talent and coaching.

That's my 2cents worth anyway...

You are the reason I said SOME, Chain!

You are the reason I said SOME, Chain!

Sorry, didn't notice the big letters boss. But I do likes me some smash mouth football and from both teams. Spread is cool and the wing is interesting, but man I wish someone would tighten down the line , load the backfield , and just run hell over people for awhile. To me that's tween tha tackles , here I come can you stop me football. And I miss it in highschool football. Does that make me sound old?

Sorry, didn't notice the big letters boss. But I do likes me some smash mouth football and from both teams. Spread is cool and the wing is interesting, but man I wish someone would tighten down the line , load the backfield , and just run hell over people for awhile. To me that's tween tha tackles , here I come can you stop me football. And I miss it in highschool football. Does that make me sound old?

Yes it does, Chain, but it's all good. Shelbyville is running the Slot-T these days, and I look for big improvement out if them this year.

"You would think Tenaha would be totally embarrassed by their visitor's lack of seating. I have seen better accommodations at pee wee games. If I were a school superintendent, the only way my school would agree play them is at our stadium or a neutral field. I don't know where these games are scheduled to be played, but I hope they know what they are getting themselves into."

Well----

1) you're not a supt

2) you obviously haven't seen too many small 2A (formerly 1A) stadiums and their visitors seating... Ours is more than large comparatively speaking

3) I think we've discussed this before, but I like the ignoran.. I mean banter..

4) since we've discussed it previously, allow me to refresh--- I'm way less concerned with how comfortable the visitors are than my home fans.

5) any visiting fans that are so appalled by our accommodations can.... Well.... Not come..

Trust me--- we are not embarrassed by the Pit.. Nice try-- but you haven't hit my soft spot

Is it true that there is a cemetery right behind the visitors bleachers?

It's fake-- we just put it there to embarrass garrison fans.....,, did y'all know that in some stadiums, there's a track near the field? Some even have a chain link fence... But, at the Pit, we offer a score board, limited visitors seating, fences, and a potential A-kicking if you don't bring a team.....

It's fake-- we just put it there to embarrass garrison fans.....,, did y'all know that in some stadiums, there's a track near the field? Some even have a chain link fence... But, at the Pit, we offer a score board, limited visitors seating, fences, and a potential A-kicking if you don't bring a team.....

I promise I won't complain about seating at The Pit one time this year! I will say this: it's come a long way in a short time. I can remember having to walk up and down the hill on the south end of the home stands, with no steps, just to go to the restroom or concession stand. If it was wet, you could just slide down. The improvements are nice.

The worst I've seen was mt enterprise you had to bring your own chair to sit lol

Every body gritching bout the facilities at places, to me it dosnt matter about the amenities at a venue. It's about the game and the love for it, never thought too much about a field when I played and as I've watched my kids play I really can't say it mattered any more than when it was me on the field. Football at one time was a game played by tough young men and observed by fans with a little bark on their hide. I've actually played on fields where the ants and mesquto's flipped for the rite to see who was gonna tear us a new one first....

Love this. Chain's the kinda guy I'd like to have my back in a bar brawl... er, unless the bar brawl was in Price and we're surrounded by angry Injuns. ;)

Nah, I got ya back bra.

2on 20 is good odds in my book, we got dis....

Gzh71Ku.gif

BTW, does anyone have an idea how much representation this district has on Smoaky?

I can speak for Overton in that we have a ton of lurkers, but just a handful of posters—two or three of which post regularly (Ronster, Mustangmania, and myself). I scarcely see anyone posting about Mount Enterprise. Tenaha has a few regular guys, and Maud's posters seem to pick up during the season. But what about Timpson? Fruitvale? Anyone? Bueller?