Guest AsYouWere

9/26

Deweyville @ West Sabine

Groveton @ Joaquin

Hemphill @ San Augustine

Queen City @ Shelbyville

Union Grove @ Beckville

Cushing @ Evadale

Deweyville is 1-3 with a 2-score loss to Woodville and blowouts to Kirbyville and East Chambers. I feel like that if WS puts a good game together they get a win.

Union Grove is 4-0 but Carlisle is the only team they have played. Beckville has a good shot at being 5-0.

Evadale is 3-1, but the teams they beat have combined for 1 win that I can find. Cushing also has a good shot at moving to 5-0.

9/26

Deweyville @ West Sabine

Groveton @ Joaquin

Hemphill @ San Augustine

Queen City @ Shelbyville

Union Grove @ Beckville

Cushing @ Evadale

Deweyville is 1-3 with a 2-score loss to Woodville and blowouts to Kirbyville and East Chambers. I feel like that if WS puts a good game together they get a win.

Union Grove is 4-0 but Carlisle is the only team they have played. Beckville has a good shot at being 5-0.

Evadale is 3-1, but the teams they beat have combined for 1 win that I can find. Cushing also has a good shot at moving to 5-0.

I think Deweyville will beat WS....just a hunch!

9/26

Deweyville @ West Sabine

Groveton @ Joaquin

Hemphill @ San Augustine

Queen City @ Shelbyville

Union Grove @ Beckville

Cushing @ Evadale

This will be the first week that we've been picked to win by most everyone. Beckville, Cushing and West Sabine are in the "could go either way" category.

The murky waters that make up District 10 2A(D-1) are starting to clear up. It is my opinion that the final results for this district are going to be different from most fans original picks. Just my opinion, but we will see.

The easy schedules of Cushing and Beckville are the reasons they are murky for you!

Wolverene you are incorrect. It is not murky for me at all. I was implying that some of the fans that are blinded by their loyalty to their team (this includes you) should start looking at things a little more realistically. I think some frequent posters on this thread are going to get their eyes opened. Have a great day.

Wolverene you are incorrect. It is not murky for me at all. I was implying that some of the fans that are blinded by their loyalty to their team (this includes you) should start looking at things a little more realistically. I think some frequent posters on this thread are going to get their eyes opened. Have a great day.

You are going to be one upset dude if you expect Beckville or Cushing to win in this district!

Cushing has had a big obsical to over come that is attitude by changing the attitude of the kids giving them heart and an attitude of a winner and not one of geting beat down every game does a huge things for a program.Hats off to the coaches for making that change and players for buying in keep your nose to the grinding stone and keep working hard and take one game at a time GO KATS !!!!

I think Cushing has always had heart. They for sure showed that last year. Talent has not always been on Cushing's side. My only argument is that Cushing has had a soft schedule so far...and I think that will hurt them come district time! Congrats to them for doing what they have so far with the schedule that they have been dealt!

There has always been some Talent at Cushing! Some years more than others! But putting together a Coaching Staff that teaches Team work and a solid program"no"!!! I have saw football practice that let out when school let out! Practices that lasts 45 minutes! Wow!! How do you compete doing that? That's a thing of the past here at Cushing! Like it or not!! They will be ready to play on Friday nights!!

Sorry, but some of you act like the previous coaching staffs didn't give a rip about winning or the kids of Cushing. That is absolutely false. And I would say that in the years I was there that we NEVER ended a practice "when school let out". I am truly happy for those guys and the coaches they have now must be doing a great job with them. But to continually insinuate that previous coaches did nothing or didn't care is irresponsible at best. I gave four years of my life to those kids. They were tough years for sure football wise, but those of us who were there busted our tails for those kids every day, all year long. We didn't get to schedule the Burkevilles and Worthams of the world because those type teams would not play us. We did the best we could with the kids that were there. The district was always brutal. But there was not a HC or an assistant there that did not care about and have your kids' best interests at heart. I would appreciate you all focusing on the great things happening for Cushing football in the present rather than continuing to denigrate the past. Rant over.

I think Cushing has always had heart. They for sure showed that last year. Talent has not always been on Cushing's side. My only argument is that Cushing has had a soft schedule so far...and I think that will hurt them come district time! Congrats to them for doing what they have so far with the schedule that they have been dealt!

I've got to disagree with you on this one buddy. To establish a winning program, you have to WIN first. Cushing would have gained nothing by scheduling Alto, Tenaha, etc.... All they would have done is get their kids beat up, mentally and physically. Now that the kids have won, they BELIEVE they can win. That's a huge step. Now, there is a chance that they win this Friday and then finish the season 5-5. If so, that's the best season they've had in 30 years, that I know of. It has to start somewhere. Say they take it a step further next year, against the same schedule, and go 6-4 or 7-3. Then after realignment, they can look at adding some better competition to the schedule. I believe in scheduling to get ready for district, but you've got to give kids a dose of winning sometime to help them build some confidence. Hats off to the folks in Cushing.

5-5 is hardly the best record they have had in the last 30 years. Louie Johnson, Ronnie Pat Durham and Ed Smith have all had winning programs during this time....Juaquin, Beckville and Shelbyville have all been beaten by Cushing during this time, too. And if you think Cushing will go winnless in this district this year you are mistaken, also. We will wait til the games are played but evry team in this district better have the right attitude come time to play this team cause it will not be a cakewalk like the last few years. Cushing will not just barely win Friday night but win convincingly....Evadale does not have the depth or the size Cushing has and will get run on all night.

5-5 is hardly the best record they have had in the last 30 years. Louie Johnson, Ronnie Pat Durham and Ed Smith have all had winning programs during this time....Juaquin, Beckville and Shelbyville have all been beaten by Cushing during this time, too. And if you think Cushing will go winnless in this district this year you are mistaken, also. We will wait til the games are played but evry team in this district better have the right attitude come time to play this team cause it will not be a cakewalk like the last few years. Cushing will not just barely win Friday night but win convincingly....Evadale does not have the depth or the size Cushing has and will get run on all night.

Slow down friend. I was speaking in "worst case scenario". I'm not ready to call anything in this district yet. I think at least two of the three playoff spots are going to come down to week 11. I also believe Cushing has a chance to be in the mix for one of them.

I'll believe the "hype" in Cushing when they beat someone capable of winning a game in this district. I would guarantee that every team in 10-2A would be sitting 4-0 right now playing those 4 teams. To Cushing's credit they have actually beaten those teams by more than just a touchdown or 2. We'll know after the first district ball game whether or not cushing is for real, because if you don't beat Beckville...it aint getting any easier with the top 4 pre-season picks waiting on the schedule.

To be fair to all, here are some other stats to consider when talking Dist 10.

According to win loss records of non-district opponents thus far, toughness of schedule would fall in this order

1. Joaquin - they have played a non-district schedule that consists of two 3-0 teams and a pre-season high ranking Cayuga who is currently 1-3. Total opp record is 7-3 (.700)

2. San Augustine - faced the Garrison Bulldogs and undefeated Episcopal Dallas in addition to two 1-3 teams. Total opp record is 8-6 (.571)

3. West Sabine - two winning teams in Hemphill and EF in addition to winless Burkeville. Total opp record is 5-6 (.455)

4. Shelbyville - two winning teams in Garrison and Tenaha and two winless teams in LK and Colmesneil. Total opp record is 5-9 (.357)

5. Beckville - Maud is best at 2-2. Rest are bad. Total opp record is 4-11 (.363)

6. Cushing - No winning opponent. Total opp record is 3-12 (.250)

Now, before you guys with losing records get too excited, consider exactly what you are looking at and don't focus on the wins/losses or percentages. Here's why.

Joaquin - you have padded the stats of your opposition giving them 2 more wins by losing to your opponents yourself. If you were as good as your opposition, your opposition would be 5-5. (.500)

San Augustine - same thing here. If you guys take away the three wins your opposition has, then they stand at 5-6. (under .500)

West Sabine - not nearly as bad with only 1 loss to their opponents and hurting their oppositions win/loss total by adding 2 losses to their record. At worst, their opposition is 4-4. (.500)

Shelbyville has added 3 losses minimum and potentially 4 to their opposition depending on what camp you argue from. At minimum, their opposition is 5-6 and includes Garrison and Tenaha (-.500)

Beckville and Cushing - no question, softest schedules in the district. They combine for 7-23. However, you take away the 8 losses added by them and you still have a 7-15 minimum.

Easy to ascertain that strength of schedule is almost deadlocked, in all reality anyways, among the so-called "top four" in this district. You can't look strictly at wins and losses when you are contributing to the wins or losses either one. Remove that element and you'll see the true strength of opposition.

With that being said, the nod for highest ranking and toughest opponent on anyone's schedule goes to Joaquin and Shelbyville for playing Tenaha.

Next would be a toss up for SA and WS for playing both EF and Episcopal of Dallas.

After that, the next "common" quality opponent would be Garrison playing both SA and Shelbyville.

With the above mentioned considerations, the true strength of schedule for non-district, as it has played out so far, for Dist 10 AA DIV I, would be as follows.

1. Shelbyville

2. San Augustine

3. Joaquin

4. West Sabine

5. Beckville

6. Cushing

Now, with that being said, one could make an argument that the above ranking could be exactly how this thing plays out. Of course, we will all know soon enough won't we?

Non-district schedule preparations for district combined with athletes gives to nod to Shelbyville and SA for the Dist Title fight. The 3rd place position can, and most likely will be, very interesting. Joaquin has demonstrated throughout the years they are more than willing to upset any talent in this area at the right given time. WS, while athletic in spots, has some injury issues to overcome and of course, that big hit from graduation. That leaves the two up and comers in Beckville and Cushing as the very dangerous sneak in and steal something opponents of this district.

This race will be fun to watch on a weekly basis. Best of luck to all, stay healthy and may the best team win.

According to win loss records of non-district opponents thus far, toughness of schedule would fall in this order

1. Joaquin - they have played a non-district schedule that consists of two 3-0 teams and a pre-season high ranking Cayuga who is currently 1-3. Total opp record is 7-3 (.700)

2. San Augustine - faced the Garrison Bulldogs and undefeated Episcopal Dallas in addition to two 1-3 teams. Total opp record is 8-6 (.571)

3. West Sabine - two winning teams in Hemphill and EF in addition to winless Burkeville. Total opp record is 5-6 (.455)

4. Shelbyville - two winning teams in Garrison and Tenaha and two winless teams in LK and Colmesneil. Total opp record is 5-9 (.357)

5. Beckville - Maud is best at 2-2. Rest are bad. Total opp record is 4-11 (.363)

Now, before you guys with losing records get too excited, consider exactly what you are looking at and don't focus on the wins/losses or percentages. Here's why.

Joaquin - you have padded the stats of your opposition giving them 2 more wins by losing to your opponents yourself. If you were as good as your opposition, your opposition would be 5-5. (.500)

San Augustine - same thing here. If you guys take away the three wins your opposition has, then they stand at 5-6. (under .500)

West Sabine - not nearly as bad with only 1 loss to their opponents and hurting their oppositions win/loss total by adding 2 losses to their record. At worst, their opposition is 4-4. (.500)

Shelbyville has added 3 losses minimum and potentially 4 to their opposition depending on what camp you argue from. At minimum, their opposition is 5-6 and includes Garrison and Tenaha (-.500)

Beckville and Cushing - no question, softest schedules in the district. They combine for 7-23. However, you take away the 8 losses added by them and you still have a 7-15 minimum.

Easy to ascertain that strength of schedule is almost deadlocked, in all reality anyways, among the so-called "top four" in this district. You can't look strictly at wins and losses when you are contributing to the wins or losses either one. Remove that element and you'll see the true strength of opposition.

With that being said, the nod for highest ranking and toughest opponent on anyone's schedule goes to Joaquin and Shelbyville for playing Tenaha.

Next would be a toss up for SA and WS for playing both EF and Episcopal of Dallas.

After that, the next "common" quality opponent would be Garrison playing both SA and Shelbyville.

With the above mentioned considerations, the true strength of schedule for non-district, as it has played out so far, for Dist 10 AA DIV I, would be as follows.

1. Shelbyville

2. San Augustine

3. Joaquin

4. West Sabine

5. Beckville

6. Cushing

Now, with that being said, one could make an argument that the above ranking could be exactly how this thing plays out. Of course, we will all know soon enough won't we?

Non-district schedule preparations for district combined with athletes gives to nod to Shelbyville and SA for the Dist Title fight. The 3rd place position can, and most likely will be, very interesting. Joaquin has demonstrated throughout the years they are more than willing to upset any talent in this area at the right given time. WS, while athletic in spots, has some injury issues to overcome and of course, that big hit from graduation. That leaves the two up and comers in Beckville and Cushing as the very dangerous sneak in and steal something opponents of this district.

This race will be fun to watch on a weekly basis. Best of luck to all, stay healthy and may the best team win.

Solid. Good job. The only thing I would add is that Dallas Episcopal is better than any team on anyones schedule in this district and better than any team that anyone in district 10 could possibly face in a playoff run. They are very very good. Like I said in another thread...they beat St. Marks 34-14. St. Marks beat Mart by scores of 40-20 and 28-12 in the last 2 years.

Just for funs sake this is how I would compare the schedules of SA and Shelbyville.

Shelbyvilles toughest game was Tenaha, San Augustines toughest game was Dallas Episcopal. I'll take Dallas Episcopal.

Shelbyvilles next toughest was Garrison, SA's next toughest was Garrison. Even money there.

Shelbyviles next toughest was probably LK. SA's next toughest was Splendora. I'll take Splendora (4A-D1 school and an A&M commit)

Shelbyvilles next was Queen City, SA's next was Hemphill. Toss up here, probably QC a little tougher though but honestly don't know enough about QC.

Shelbyvilles weakest was Colmesneil, SA's was groveton. Groveton beat colmesneil 47-6 or so, I'll take Groveton.

Again that's just for fun and a different view point. Like you said it all goes out the window in 2 weeks anyways. I also would say that we may not have a clear picture of the district until week 11 is over.

1. Shelbyville

2. San Augustine

3. Joaquin

4. West Sabine

5. Beckville

6. Cushing

I'll be darn, he knows English after all.