District 10 2A (D-1)

t-dub

my main point was the big line that wolf man said just rooted them out. and that maybe it was not an outlier as previously stated by u and sawolfman

does it matter? Joaquins been playing basketball and SA got spanked. Neither team very good and that's the bottom line. a polished #### is still a ####.

As I said earlier, both programs have underachieved in recent years.

It shouldn't matter to me, it doesn't matter to me. I just think that a certain team in this district had a lot more potential than what they were able to produce. to me, it seems, that team has adopted a culture of "We'll get em next year". But if "next year" is always the goal, you will never have success.

is that reasonable?

It shouldn't matter to me, it doesn't matter to me. I just think that a certain team in this district had a lot more potential than what they were able to produce. to me, it seems, that team has adopted a culture of "We'll get em next year". But if "next year" is always the goal, you will never have success.

is that reasonable?

Very reasonable

is that reasonable?

If you're talking about the team I'm thinking about, you are 100% correct. It is unacceptable. I hope that we see a new attitude taking over soon.

is that reasonable?

Sounds reasonable....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wolfenstein

San Augustine has had only 1 player go somewhere since he has been here, and before that we had players going everywhere. Coach Clay got 3 kids into college on athletic scholarships from an 0-10 team.

San Augustine has had only 1 player go somewhere since he has been here, and before that we had players going everywhere. Coach Clay got 3 kids into college on athletic scholarships from an 0-10 team.

did you get all your homework done? Ima send your mom home in a lil bit. you better be off the interwebs and ready for bed.

Just for fun

Football 28-19 2 district championships, atleast the 2nd round all 4 years

Boys Basketball 2 district championships, 1 state tournament, 1 regional tournament

Girls Basketball 3 years in playoffs, a playoff win each year

Track sent multiple people on boys and girls side to the state track meet the last 3 years. Boys finished 2nd and 4th the last 2 years, Girls finished 2nd last year.

Baseball has went from not winning a game to finishing 4th in district the last 2 years.

Yes there are better overall programs, but not many. The above is what you call a TOTAL PROGRAM.

And let us not forget, there is more to a collegiate athlete than athletics. Coach Hubbard has a track record (athletes have played at every level of the NCAA) of getting kids a college try.

Carry on

Just for fun

Football 28-19 2 district championships, atleast the 2nd round all 4 years

Boys Basketball 2 district championships, 1 state tournament, 1 regional tournament

Girls Basketball 3 years in playoffs, a playoff win each year

Track sent multiple people on boys and girls side to the state track meet the last 3 years. Boys finished 2nd and 4th the last 2 years, Girls finished 2nd last year.

Baseball has went from not winning a game to finishing 4th in district the last 2 years.

Yes there are better overall programs, but not many. The above is what you call a TOTAL PROGRAM.

And let us not forget, there is more to a collegiate athlete than athletics. Coach Hubbard has a track record (athletes have played at every level of the NCAA) of getting kids a college try.

Carry on

I'm thinking your little friend there is just a little bitter about something. Maybe he played end, guard, and tackle under Coach H, idk.

As for as on paper, let's start posting what returning starters everyone has coming back for next year. Maybe we can get an early picture of how everyone stacks up

San Augustine *Class next year

Offense

RB KJ Davis Soph

WR Chris Rogers Jr.

WR Keonte Watts Jr.

OL T Berry Sr.

OL CJ Berry Sr.

OL EJ Barnes Sr.

OL Desavian Crane Jr.

(All offensive skill positions will be sophomores or juniors)

Watts and Rogers combined for around 800 yards and 12 Tds.

There are 2-3 sophomores to be that are all in the 5'11-6'0 range and can fly for young kids. Key word is going, will have to step up.

Davis at RB got a lot of playing time later in the year.

Expect to see Handy (Soph) and Murray (Jr) gets carries well.

5th OL will could be either a sophomore or 1 of 2 other juniors.

QB is obviously the big question mark. Rogers got snaps in blowouts and played the game Jmike missed. JV played 2 freshmen at QB. The 2 who don't win the job will probably start at WR.

Defense

DB Kordell Parks Sr.

DB Jaylon Taylor Sr.

LB Desavian Crane Jr

LB Darrius Murray Jr

LB Charles Suell Sr.

DL CJ Berry Sr

DL T Berry Sr.

DL EJ Barnes Sr

Need to replace a corner and a safety in the secondary, but Davis got snaps at corner during the year and rogers played safety as well.

In the box Jenkins was our best LB when healthy so he will be missed. Losing a DT, but we played a rotation there anyways. Defense has a chance to improve once again. Many of these seniors to be have will be 3 year starters. Defense came a long ways this year and would love to see that much improvement again.

San Augustine *Class next year

Offense

RB KJ Davis Soph

WR Chris Rogers Jr.

WR Keonte Watts Jr.

OL T Berry Sr.

OL CJ Berry Sr.

OL EJ Barnes Sr.

OL Desavian Crane Jr.

(All offensive skill positions will be sophomores or juniors)

Watts and Rogers combined for around 800 yards and 12 Tds.

There are 2-3 sophomores to be that are all in the 5'11-6'0 range and can fly for young kids. Key word is going, will have to step up.

Davis at RB got a lot of playing time later in the year.

Expect to see Handy (Soph) and Murray (Jr) gets carries well.

5th OL will could be either a sophomore or 1 of 2 other juniors.

QB is obviously the big question mark. Rogers got snaps in blowouts and played the game Jmike missed. JV played 2 freshmen at QB. The 2 who don't win the job will probably start at WR.

Defense

DB Kordell Parks Sr.

DB Jaylon Taylor Sr.

LB Desavian Crane Jr

LB Darrius Murray Jr

LB Charles Suell Sr.

DL CJ Berry Sr

DL T Berry Sr.

DL EJ Barnes Sr

Need to replace a corner and a safety in the secondary, but Davis got snaps at corner during the year and rogers played safety as well.

In the box Jenkins was our best LB when healthy so he will be missed. Losing a DT, but we played a rotation there anyways. Defense has a chance to improve once again. Many of these seniors to be have will be 3 year starters. Defense came a long ways this year and would love to see that much improvement again.

Kjay and Keonte will have their breakout seasons next year! They will be fun to watch for years to come!

• 1 month later...

Just some thoughts I've been having concerning this district:

I think Shelbyville and San Augustine are the front runners to win the district title. Shelbyville brings back a lot. They just need to avoid the late season meltdown that killed them last year.

San Augustine must replace the best QB in the district. The Rogers kid looks to be a good QB in the making, and he will have a bunch of kids to throw to. They need to improve their defense.

As for the other two playoff spots, it's going to get interesting. West Sabine loses the best athlete in the district. ATL, does the Duffey kid (#88) graduate? If so, that's a ton of offensive production, plus they were both good on defense as well. Beckville brings back a good group that didn't get healthy til Week 10. I can see them seriously challenging for a spot. I think Joaquin is a wild card. A first-year head coach, very young, but bringing a ton of enthusiasm into the program. Offensively, I think we stick to what we've done, with a couple of wrinkles to keep teams on their toes. We must find consistency on defense and stay healthy if we're going to nail down a playoff spot. Cushing stands a chance of improving, and the fact that they lost every district game by 30+ tells me they have a high ceiling for it. But they'll be 4-1 starting district play.

Overall, I hope to see our district improve on that 1-3 playoff record from 2014.

• 1 month later...