Gilmer 2014 schedule?

BuckeyeBacker79

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the doing away of the term "0 week", the first week of games will be called Week 1. Tatum is Week 3, and Daingerfield is Week 4, I believe. I won't have confirmation until probably tomorrow, unless DB can use his press credentials and get the scoop. If I pressed my source I could get the schedule after work.

Well, at least we get to see some new territory...I did see what appeared to be an indoor facility @ Navada...what's up with that. Perhaps we will hear from some of our new district brethren...I remember Rains...Canton from '05...mmmmmmm...is this one of those pay back opportunities?

Man I really can't believe Gilmer missed out on going division 1 from 1 student are you fricken kidding me put this team in div.1 with Kilgore and Carthage and let us all roll on! Man I can't believe that 1 student!!!

From some posts I've read, there are some who are Glad Gilmer is Div2... Glad to hear NOT ALL feel that way.

Nevada community won 2 games last year and have two seasons in the last 5 years where they went 0fer.

They are still talking about 08 when they were 6 & 6, with two play-off games at the coffee shop.

Don't guess Gilmer could get D1 to play in pre season.

I'm pretty sure of four of our predistrict opponents: Liberty-Eylau, Pine Tree, Tatum, and Daingerfield. No offense, but we needed a little bit tougher predistrict than this, in my opinion.

I am certainly going to miss the wars in the District of Doom. :( I was hoping we would get to play at least one of them. D1 is looking pretty good right now. Maybe we will still be able to schedule Argyle for the fifth predistrict game. I am hoping it is at a neutral site, though, as that would be a haul for either team.

I'm pretty sure of four of our predistrict opponents: Liberty-Eylau, Pine Tree, Tatum, and Daingerfield. No offense, but we needed a little bit tougher predistrict than this, in my opinion.

I am certainly going to miss the wars in the District of Doom. :( I was hoping we would get to play at least one of them. D1 is looking pretty good right now. Maybe we will still be able to schedule Argyle for the fifth predistrict game. I am hoping it is at a neutral site, though, as that would be a haul for either team.

Tatum will give you difficulty this year

Tatum will give you difficulty this year

I know. We're losing quite a few playmakers to graduation this year, including our QB. I'm just saying, in general, it's a lot weaker overall than I expected. Every team on the schedule has the "potential" to beat us. I was hoping for a couple of D of D opponents, though. I have no idea what to expect from the Buckeyes this upcoming season. I know we will win a lot of games, but I'm not sure how we will stack up to teams from the past few. I'm pretty sure we will be plenty good for a deep run again. It just depends on how quickly we gel as a team.

I know. We're losing quite a few playmakers to graduation this year, including our QB. I'm just saying, in general, it's a lot weaker overall than I expected. Every team on the schedule has the "potential" to beat us. I was hoping for a couple of D of D opponents, though. I have no idea what to expect from the Buckeyes this upcoming season. I know we will win a lot of games, but I'm not sure how we will stack up to teams from the past few. I'm pretty sure we will be plenty good for a deep run again. It just depends on how quickly we gel as a team.

Y'all are probably (and I'm pretty sure about this) running into the same problem we are : finding teams to play us in preseason. So many teams told us no. I guess that's why Evans and Traylor ended up agreeing to play each other in preseason even though there would be a good chance of playing again at Regionals.

Y'all are probably (and I'm pretty sure about this) running into the same problem we are : finding teams to play us in preseason. So many teams told us no. I guess that's why Evans and Traylor ended up agreeing to play each other in preseason even though there would be a good chance of playing again at Regionals.

Yes, straight from the horse's mouth, Traylor said he had trouble filling the schedule because a few select teams said no, and some others already had their's filled.

You said every team on schedule has potential to beat y'all.

But you want a harder schedule?

I would think with the potential to lose every game on schedule makes it tough enough.

Unless you want all juggernauts.

IMP it's a great schedule considering what all graduated and will be having some guys playing on Friday nights for the first time.

Man I wish Gilmer vs Kilgore could have worked out for a non district gm. Going to miss playing Gilmer the last 2 yrs was absolutely fun and amazing we witnessed some great football being played wk 10 couldn't have asked for a better district championship!

No kidding! Out of all the teams from the D of D, Kilgore is the one team I definitely wanted to keep on the schedule. We are going to miss the District of Doom for sure. The idea that you didn't know for sure whether you would win or not made it great from a fan's standpoint. Good luck to y'all! Gonna miss ya!

You said every team on schedule has potential to beat y'all.

But you want a harder schedule?

I would think with the potential to lose every game on schedule makes it tough enough.

Unless you want all juggernauts.

IMP it's a great schedule considering what all graduated and will be having some guys playing on Friday nights for the first time.

Juggernauts sounds good! I guess I'm just used to playing a tougher schedule. It's fun from a fan's standpoint, not to mention big games mean big revenue.