Gilmer 2014 schedule?

BuckeyeBacker79

Don't know why you would say that!!! Actually, I was looking forward to playing Gilmer again this year and I for sure thought the Buckeyes and Bears would be in the same district. We could have at least scheduled a non-district game, but I guess Gilmer didn't want to risk a loss!!! :)

'Cause look where we went...banned to the west for 2 years...& gotta take Bullard with us

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why you would say that!!! Actually, I was looking forward to playing Gilmer again this year and I for sure thought the Buckeyes and Bears would be in the same district. We could have at least scheduled a non-district game, but I guess Gilmer didn't want to risk a loss!!! :)

Nevada community won 2 games last year and have two seasons in the last 5 years where they went 0fer.

They are still talking about 08 when they were 6 & 6, with two play-off games at the coffee shop.

NB dashed their hopes that year. The NB RB had 180 plus yards and two td's with just 2 touches. Ugly

Don't guess Gilmer could get D1 to play in pre season.

Ask your head coach why Gilmer and Gladewater are not playing each other for the first time since 1979.

Ask your head coach why Gilmer and Gladewater are not playing each other for the first time since 1979.

How are we going to know who the real G town is this year? lol

Well, since you seem to know so much why don't you give me your best guess!!

Yeah, they should meet in the 3rd round...

Gilmer will get the 2 seed from your district in 3rd round which I bet is Tatum , Gladewater will be top seed. That is assuming Tatum can beat fairfield in the 2nd round. Gilmer vs Gladewater in quarter finals would be awesome.

Gilmer will get the 2 seed from your district in 3rd round which I bet is Tatum , Gladewater will be top seed. That is assuming Tatum can beat fairfield in the 2nd round. Gilmer vs Gladewater in quarter finals would be awesome.

I've seen the bracket, just a little smack talk. I wasn't even sure if anyone would even catch it.

Believe me, we are just as surprised as anybody else. I don't know the mind of the UIL, thank goodness, 'cause it's awful empty in there, but we DEFINITELY would've preferred to play Northeast Texas teams. Less travel, less expense, better rivalries, better competition, better gates, etc. We FINALLY did get a D of D team on our schedule, though..., Carthage in Week 5, from what I understand.

Our predistrict schedule looks like this:

Gilmer vs. Whitehouse (scrimmage)

Gilmer vs. Kilgore (scrimmage)

Gilmer vs. Liberty-Eylau (at TMF Rose Stadium in the Kickoff Classic)

Gilmer vs. Pine Tree

Gilmer vs. Tatum

Gilmer vs. Daingerfield

Gilmer vs. Carthage

Not exactly a cupcake schedule.

You really should not count scrimmages! I would agree you pre-district schedule is fine although you will be favored in every game but then again, your team usually is regardless of who they play. Y'all are certainly not playing up, that is for sure except maybe Cartage but that could be considered an equal. However, you should have no problem in district, in fact, if you lose a district game the UIL should ban you from the playoffs!

You really should not count scrimmages! I would agree you pre-district schedule is fine although you will be favored in every game but then again, your team usually is regardless of who they play. Y'all are certainly not playing up, that is for sure except maybe Cartage but that could be considered an equal. However, you should have no problem in district, in fact, if you lose a district game the UIL should ban you from the playoffs!

Shut up!