Gilmer 2014 schedule?

BuckeyeBacker79

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's when you know things are going good.

Gilmer worrying about stands lol

You do know we travel well, normally. With some of these schools being so far away, it won't be as many as usual, but there will still be a pretty strong contingent of fans going. For a couple of these games, if they are away, I would almost have to take off a half day just to make them. There's a lot of Buckeye fans in the same boat as me. I doubt many of the games will be close anyway, which means even fewer will go see them. Yet another reason I wish we could've stayed in Northeast Texas.

Agree.

That team from Nevada will bring in the $$$.

That'll be something for them to shoot for - to give Gilmer a better game than the previous team from Nevada which played us in Tyler in 2006. That one wound up Gilmer 56, "national power" Las Vegas Bishop Gorman 14.

I know. We're losing quite a few playmakers to graduation this year, including our QB. I'm just saying, in general, it's a lot weaker overall than I expected. Every team on the schedule has the "potential" to beat us. I was hoping for a couple of D of D opponents, though. I have no idea what to expect from the Buckeyes this upcoming season. I know we will win a lot of games, but I'm not sure how we will stack up to teams from the past few. I'm pretty sure we will be plenty good for a deep run again. It just depends on how quickly we gel as a team.

I'm calling BS on that.

we are not playing a team from Nevada...this team is close to dallas an there entire stands holds 600 people

Thanks for that. Forgot my sarcasm tag. Having lived around here my entire life, I should have realized how literal-minded most are.

Next you are going to tell me that we are not going to have to travel to Ohio to play Canton.

That'll be something for them to shoot for - to give Gilmer a better game than the previous team from Nevada which played us in Tyler in 2006. That one wound up Gilmer 56, "national power" Las Vegas Bishop Gorman 14.

They weren't a national power then.

At least not like they are now.

How in the world did Gilmer get so lucky in this realignment? First, they mysteriously come up one student shy of going to DI, and now, they get put into a cupcake district!

Believe me, we are just as surprised as anybody else. I don't know the mind of the UIL, thank goodness, 'cause it's awful empty in there, but we DEFINITELY would've preferred to play Northeast Texas teams. Less travel, less expense, better rivalries, better competition, better gates, etc. We FINALLY did get a D of D team on our schedule, though..., Carthage in Week 5, from what I understand.

Our predistrict schedule looks like this:

Gilmer vs. Whitehouse (scrimmage)

Gilmer vs. Kilgore (scrimmage)

Gilmer vs. Liberty-Eylau (at TMF Rose Stadium in the Kickoff Classic)

Gilmer vs. Pine Tree

Gilmer vs. Tatum

Gilmer vs. Daingerfield

Gilmer vs. Carthage

Not exactly a cupcake predistrict schedule...

I wish Gilmer the very best, and I hope you guys bring home a state title! What does Gilmer have coming back in 2014?

We lose quite a bit to graduation..., Tanner Barr, Josh Walker, Jaidon Parrish, Devondrick Dixon, Ardarious Johnson, Darrian Lewis, DaKeilan Nelson, John McPherson, Harrison Foster, Garrett Parish, Bryan Restine, Pablin Olivares, Mitch Lange, just to name a few. We do have a LOT of underclassmen that got significant playing time, so we will be fine. We usually just reload anyway.

Big ??

Quarterback...several prospects...I expect it will be a good one (7on7 is just around the corner)

Line Backers...I think this has been addressed

Line (O & D)...we always seem to discover new ones

As questions in May...we will have seen the team

They along with the rest of the district were glad to get rid of us.

Don't know why you would say that!!! Actually, I was looking forward to playing Gilmer again this year and I for sure thought the Buckeyes and Bears would be in the same district. We could have at least scheduled a non-district game, but I guess Gilmer didn't want to risk a loss!!! :)

Believe me, we are just as surprised as anybody else. I don't know the mind of the UIL, thank goodness, 'cause it's awful empty in there, but we DEFINITELY would've preferred to play Northeast Texas teams. Less travel, less expense, better rivalries, better competition, better gates, etc. We FINALLY did get a D of D team on our schedule, though..., Carthage in Week 5, from what I understand.

Our predistrict schedule looks like this:

Gilmer vs. Whitehouse (scrimmage)

Gilmer vs. Kilgore (scrimmage)

Gilmer vs. Liberty-Eylau (at TMF Rose Stadium in the Kickoff Classic)

Gilmer vs. Pine Tree

Gilmer vs. Tatum

Gilmer vs. Daingerfield

Gilmer vs. Carthage

Not exactly a cupcake predistrict schedule...

more like a wedding Cake, we will see how thick the icing is.