Is Gilmer getting a stud QB move in again?

CardinalEdge

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, boy! Here we go again. For what it's worth, McLane Carter is FROM Gilmer originally. There's no guarantee he will be the starting QB, either. He will have to EARN the position. If it were me, I would prefer our QB from the freshman team last year to start.

He is from Canton originally, but I am not starting a Gilmer recruiting thread. Just thought interesting to consider what adding him to that group will do. Does that make Gilmer more of a contender?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but he has been a Buckeye since the start of '06, except for last year when he moved to live with his Dad. His mother lives in Gilmer, and runs her business from Gilmer. I don't think that's anything remotely close to recruiting. Yes, he is "originally" from Canton, and went to elementary school there. We all know what happened at Canton.

AGAIN I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT RECRUITING>>>>I AM JUST WANDERING HOW HIS RETURN TO GILMER HELPS THE BUCKEYES IN 2014......

It definitely won't hurt us..., unless he throws the team chemistry off. Some players are not team players. I'm not saying that about Mclane, or anybody else, but team chemistry is extremely important. You win by being a TEAM player. There's no "I" in team.

The so called move in is not a shoe in..hee hee he does have to earn his spot and it aint going to be easy. The JV QB has been looking pretty good last year. So don't think this is a sure thing we will have tryouts and the best man will win.

Will he move out if he is not the starter?????

The so called move in is not a shoe in..hee hee he does have to earn his spot and it aint going to be easy. The JV QB has been looking pretty good last year. So don't think this is a sure thing we will have tryouts and the best man will win.

I think you are spot on. The JV QB had a great year and is likely the front runner to start. Good athleticism, nice arm, accurate and smart player. Gilmer will be in good hands because they have their skill players back.

I think you are spot on. The JV QB had a great year and is likely the front runner to start. Good athleticism, nice arm, accurate and smart player. Gilmer will be in good hands because they have their skill players back.

You don't have to have the strongest of arms to run the Gilmer offense.