Is Gilmer getting a stud QB move in again?

CardinalEdge

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to Gilmer they have an outstanding program with a great coach and any good high school quarterback should want to play there.

I wish they would allow kids to transfer for athletics,might make schools take a second look at who they put on the field or court

He is an excellent passer! He is well coached by big brother! At question is scrambling ability and team chemistry!

That's why I think Gilmer is better served by a very mobile QB at the helm. The read-option is a very big part of Matt Turner's offense, and for some reason G.J. Kinne didn't run very often at all when he was QB. It used to frustrate me to see him not take off running when he didn't have receivers open, especially after seeing his running ability at Canton. I would rather have a QB that can develop, and open up the entire playbook than to be limited to what they do best, pass.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with it if it weren't against the rules.

Inner cities are allowed to recruit. Private schools are allowed to recruit. The sad thing is they want to let private schools join the UIL, but the same rules won't apply. I agree with the rule to a point, but we need to keep it a level playing field for ALL schools. With the cost of a college education nowadays, it is definitely advantageous for a student to go somewhere where he will get more exposure and recognition. I think the rule is bent occasionally for that reason, and why not?

Inner cities are allowed to recruit. Private schools are allowed to recruit. The sad thing is they want to let private schools join the UIL, but the same rules won't apply. I agree with the rule to a point, but we need to keep it a level playing field for ALL schools. With the cost of a college education nowadays, it is definitely advantageous for a student to go somewhere where he will get more exposure and recognition. I think the rule is bent occasionally for that reason, and why not?

Not sure about this one. If you are referring to a school recruiting for academic purposes, then OK. But I can't speculate on what you are referring to.. They are not allowed to recruit for athletic purposes.....Legally. Kids leave Bullard for Brook Hill to get a better education. Just ask them.

Not sure about this one. If you are referring to a school recruiting for academic purposes, then OK. But I can't speculate on what you are referring to.. They are not allowed to recruit for athletic purposes.....Legally. Kids leave Bullard for Brook Hill to get a better education. Just ask them.

Academics are mostly what they recruit for, but if you think athletic ability is not looked at, then you're turning a blind eye to the obvious. For what it's worth, it's not a priority at "most" private schools, namely Brook Hill. Brook Hill has been recruiting my daughters for years because of academics. They happen to be athletic, too, but that's not the reason they've been recruiting them.

Academics are mostly what they recruit for, but if you think athletic ability is not looked at, then you're turning a blind eye to the obvious. For what it's worth, it's not a priority at "most" private schools, namely Brook Hill. Brook Hill has been recruiting my daughters for years because of academics. They happen to be athletic, too, but that's not the reason they've been recruiting them.

if you have 2 schools that are both accredited by texas and one can get your kid an athletic scholarship over another school,win win for the kid.IMO

I personally wouldn't have a problem with it if it weren't against the rules.

Wow. I'd like to see a list of the transfer or move-in kids for Tatum and then the list of reasons why they moved. Job opportunities in Tatum? I'm not accusing Tatum of recruiting, but don't sit here and say you have a problem with kids moving schools for athletic reasons...

Wow. I'd like to see a list of the transfer or move-in kids for Tatum and then the list of reasons why they moved. Job opportunities in Tatum? I'm not accusing Tatum of recruiting, but don't sit here and say you have a problem with kids moving schools for athletic reasons...

He said he wouldn't have a problem.

Most schools that athletes moving into district are for recruiting. But what happened to growing pride for a school. If you have a program trying to rebuild or even build a program, it becomes impossible when all of the decent athletes are moving. If a parent moves their child because a school has poor history of athletics, I agree with if the district is not trying to fix the problem. It is when a coach actively recruits players from other schools with promises of great things is when I have a problem with it. Some schools are more guilty than others, but the ones that are blatant about it and nothing seems to happen to them bother me.

What I hate about kids moving in for athletic reasons is that the kids in that school that worked their butts off to get a chance at a starting position, wind up

warming the bench for a move in. Coaches that feel they need to recruit the move in, need to move out, and be penalized by the UIL. Just my humble opinion.

Now if it just happened to be a legitimate reason for the kids family to move in, that's different. No need for the kid to suffer because his dad got transferred.

What I hate about kids moving in for athletic reasons is that the kids in that school that worked their butts off to get a chance at a starting position, wind up

warming the bench for a move in. Coaches that feel they need to recruit the move in, need to move out, and be penalized by the UIL. Just my humble opinion.

Now if it just happened to be a legitimate reason for the kids family to move in, that's different. No need for the kid to suffer because his dad got transferred.

As is life!

That is a ridiculous accusation. Both of my boys attend Brook Hill and I have strong relationships with the coaches and administrative people. Enough to know that kids don't get recruited to play athletics. We have some bad recruiters if that is the case. Our football o-line averaged less than 200 lbs and finished 3rd in district. We had to play freshmen out of necessity. Our girls basketball team is average. Just trying to make the playoffs. Our Varsity baseball team is having to play freshmen. We don't even have enough for a JV team this year.

If you are going to make accusations like that on a public forum you need to start naming names. I would be glad to respond to a private message. Please send me a PM telling me which coach or admin person at our school tried to recruit your daughters and what was specifically said.