Dallas Triple-A Academy wins UIL Appeal, will not forfeit games

itsallheart

I think it's just bad luck in this case. Dislocated kneecap last year and a bone bruise after taking a hard spill this year.

I know no one is going to cry for Triple A, but it is a shame. Dude has one more year to get to experience a postseason game.

Hope he gets a chance. Tremendous talent abd shouldnt be punished because of his dads decision to open a school.

As an expert on the learning academy that is AAA I feel it necessary to chime in on this thread. What an incredible game it was the other night. Much congrats to Lone Star. While many thought you to be just a small, tad-bit smelly town just south of Daingerfield that was known for its large steel plant you turned out to be quite different. While discussing pregame with players from Lone Star the uses of steel in the space program the young men from AAA learned then that this was a totally different town. This explained why nobody had film to study on these guys. The young men from Lone Star played an incredible game and are to be commended. We at AAA wish you nothing but the best against Decatur. To those of you Smoaksters, the grown men who enjoy the failures of these young men, those who proudly announce "They gone!" and call them an AAU Academy I say shame on you. You forget these young men are the future of our space program. These Aspiring Astronauts of America deserve some respect. They spend countless hours each week in labs studying for their futures in the aerospace industry. They chose these secondary activites, basketball etc. to be moved to 3A so the whiners such as Soonermajic would pipe down and concentrate on their own schools. Worry about the Mumfords, dragging kids from miles and miles away to assemble their own "AAU Academies" as you call them. I hope this loss brings peace to your AAA crusade Sooner. It certainly allows our boys at AAA to get back to their passion, space. Once again best of luck to Lone Star, wherever it is you are located, we wish you nothing but the best. To Celina, we sincerely apologize that our referees were sent to work your Regional Final game. As a show of generosity we would love to have you at our monthly March science fair at no charge to you.

This issue and appeal shouldn't have even happened. The Coach of their opponent's had to agree of the officials before they even played. Coaches get an email days in advance of the stated game of who the ref's will be. The coaches can either agree to them, scratch one or scratch them all and have others brought in.

this isnt true. there are games i go to, where i have not been notified of officials.

I am going to have to agree with the Jtownfiddler. I think it is a shame that people revel in these kids short comings...after all you all are supposedly adults but act like spoiled children. Just as the same as the fiddler, my hat is off to the Fresca Lone Star Comets...they out played us and that is all that matters.

It does disgust me that people like sourmagic get on here and spout out their personal agenda against these kids. It was no sooner last year the we beat his team that he was on her whining about getting rolled. The truth is he feelings were/are hurt because he got rolled up and smoked like a cigarrette by a bunch of African American kids and oh my...an African American coach. Get over it man.

Truth be known most on here are not upset at the kids. The kids are just in the middle of it and play their games. The problem is just with the governing body that allows unfair advantages to Charters that do not have the same exact standards as regular UIL schools. It is not an even playing field. No it is not fair to the kids of AAA or other Charters. No it is not fair to the other public schools in the UIL.

According to max preps they had 15 losses. All by forfeit.

So they were trying to pass Dikembe Mutombo off as a sophomore. I get it now. lol

Seriously though. With 15 forfeits, would the UIL start looking into more sanctions than just taking away wins? I would think far reaching, school wide team disqualifications would be considered.

Was 24-3 prior to that.

"McCamey ISD superintendent Jan Hunt, the chairperson for the District 7-1A Division I Executive Committee, confirmed Friday night that Harmony forfeited its 10-game district schedule because it had been using an ineligible player."

Truth be known most on here are not upset at the kids. The kids are just in the middle of it and play their games. The problem is just with the governing body that allows unfair advantages to Charters that do not have the same exact standards as regular UIL schools. It is not an even playing field. No it is not fair to the kids of AAA or other Charters. No it is not fair to the other public schools in the UIL.

Spacegolfer, for once we are in agreement....