District 29 AAAA

futfan

Boys

Tonight, THS travels to Atlanta

Pittsburg hosts Pleasant Grove,

and Mount Pleasant show a non-district event against Wylie East.

Liberty Eylau is off

Girls

Lady Tigers of Texas High visit Pleasant Grove.

Mount Pleasant Lady Tigers host the Lady Leopards.

Boys side

There is a shake-up in the making.

Pitt is looking good.

Mt. Pleasant is good, but for only losing about six seniors, to PG losing 11, the 5-0 victory at PG is not as impressive as the 10-0 last year.

I would say it is a combination of MP being weaker, and THS and Pitt being stronger.

The standings have been similar the last six years. I smell change.

The Rabb Goalkeeper was not too happy after goal number five in the first half. He had been vocal after the second and third to his teammates. This time, his just hit the goalpost hard, and dislodged the crossbar. Luckily, it did not fall on his head. Close.

No card for dissent, maybe the referees were embarrassed, because they were remiss infinding this situation by checking the equipment before the match. Probably the whole season, because neither of the goals had bolts holding the crossbar in place on either side.

Tisk Tisk.

Lady Hawks did win 3-1.

Unless Liberty Eylau can upset the Lady Hawks in a spoiler role, it looks like PG is in the Drivers seat for District. Texas High sits in second currently, and Mount Pleasant in third.

Boys side:

Texas High, although tied with Mt Pleasant and Pittsburg for first, would probably be seeded below both by goal differential. Pleasant Grove holds on to control of the playoff spot with shutout wins over the other two teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Boys side

There is a shake-up in the making.

Pitt is looking good.

Mt. Pleasant is good, but for only losing about six seniors, to PG losing 11, the 5-0 victory at PG is not as impressive as the 10-0 last year.

I would say it is a combination of MP being weaker, and THS and Pitt being stronger.

The standings have been similar the last six years. I smell change.

I hope that your sense of smell is not your strongest of the 5 senses. LOL MP 2 Pittsburg 0 in the secong leg of district. MP will be the 1 seed Pitt the 2 seed TH the 3 seed and PG the 4 seed. Same order in the last year of this district.