District 29 AAAA

futfan

Boys side

There is a shake-up in the making.

Pitt is looking good.

Mt. Pleasant is good, but for only losing about six seniors, to PG losing 11, the 5-0 victory at PG is not as impressive as the 10-0 last year.

I would say it is a combination of MP being weaker, and THS and Pitt being stronger.

The standings have been similar the last six years. I smell change.

Whats it smell like now? MP beat Thigh 5-0? Beat pitt 3-0 and 2-0.... sounds like its about on track as its always been. He probably brings JV kids to play pleasant grove.

He probably brings JV kids to play pleasant grove.

I doubt it. I remember when he sent the JV to play LE and won 2-1 on a goal late in the game after LE led most of the game. I could see the JV coach sweating about how he was going to report the game score.

I doubt it. I remember when he sent the JV to play LE and won 2-1 on a goal late in the game after LE led most of the game. I could see the JV coach sweating about how he was going to report the game score.

Man you are going all the way back to the 06 season to give an example to back your assumption. The reason I remember the year is because thats the first year MP went to state tournament. The MP program 7-12 has come a long way since 06. The JV sqauds are so much more advanced these days and have been for several years now. The truth of the matter is MP has been good to the Texarkana schools through the years. Ask The LE Coach and the PG Coach this year especially. ATL as well. Ask them if MP plays their JV against them and you will be suprised at the answer it seems if those coaches are honest.

NoLies, I am not putting the MP jv down. The game against PG may be meaningless. I think the top four teams in the district have progressed quite a bit since 2006 in quality of overall programs, including the depth of their jv programs. MP boys are the kings of the district and their top jv team might be the 3rd best varsity in the district. I for one enjoy watching MP play - it appears effortless.

C'mon, guys, don't get your feathers ruffled. WHen the district is as boring as it has been, standings-wise, (same for 6 years) I just made an observation based on the scores from FOUR WEEKS AGO. Things change slightly every year, but when you play a school with over three times your enrollment, and a soccer tradition like MP has, a good game against MP is not getting beat too bad, or scoring once or twice.

Mayfield did get a little PO'd when a couple of years ago, we had to have his administrators go up and tell his JV boys recording the game to stop with their unsporting yells and conduct. He took the leash off, and they proceeded to run up a ten-0 score after the half, which was before then a lot more respectable. He has no love lost.

PG did beat MP in Regulation back in '08, 2-0, but that was the last successful match.

Once district play is over, We (I do, at least) always support the other teams in 29AAAA.

Girls play ended also.

Pleasant Grove 9-0

Texas High 6-3

Mount Pleasant 3-6

Liberty Eylau 0-9

Lady Hawks only gave up two goals in district play, both to THS during the second and third games.

I think they shut down the Senior striker, who had school records for scoring, both season and career.

Congrats to Caroline Bird on that accomplishment.

Girls play ended also.

Pleasant Grove 9-0

Texas High 6-3

Mount Pleasant 3-6

Liberty Eylau 0-9

Lady Hawks only gave up two goals in district play, both to THS during the second and third games.

I think they shut down the Senior striker, who had school records for scoring, both season and career.

Congrats to Caroline Bird on that accomplishment.

Great job to Pleasant Grove! Great team and lots of agreement they could make a run. Caroline had an amazing season! THIGH plays Thursday against Pine Tree. Should be good!

District 29 Boys got shut out in their first round of action.

Pine Tree 1 Mount Pleasant 0

Kilgore 3 Pittsburg 0

Tyler 3 Texas High 0

Hallsville 2 Pleasant Grove 0

Girls

Kilgore 2 Pleasant Grove 1

Pine Tree 1 Texas High 0

No score on Mount Pleasant/Mabank

If Liberty Eylau beat Whitehouse, I will dance a jig.

Last year being a tough playoff, losing in the first game to Pine Tree. Can't ever remember them bowing out that early.

Coach Lo has their number, I guess. looks like the All district selections will be out sooner than anyone wanted. Don't forget to call Longview and help those "Reporters" do their jobs.

Coach Lo has their number, I guess. looks like the All district selections will be out sooner than anyone wanted. Don't forget to call Longview and help those "Reporters" do their jobs.

Lol Taking nothing away from Coach Lo or Pine Tree because they do have a good team and good players. MP was missing 6 yes 6 players from their team and had to pull up JV players who had never played in a varsity game to play in a playoff game. My hat is off to the kids who played for MP in this game and I thought it was pretty amazing they did as well as they did. Best wishes to Pine Tree moving forward.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunate about the kid getting hurt in Shop Class, but the rest, because of non-injury reasons, are not eligible, so not "part of the team". The team may have suffered because they were not eligible, but that is something every school's team must face. One of mine let his team down with ineligibility for a six weeks, it was a lesson well learned.

All students in all sports can affect their teams in this manner. Part of life.