FSSW State Tournament broadcast schedule

Eagleborn

http://www.uiltexas.org/basketball/state-boys/boys-basketball-state-tournament-broadcast-information

Boys Basketball State Tournament Broadcast Information

FOX SPORTS SOUTHWEST TO PROVIDE LIVE COVERAGE OF UIL BOYS BASKETBALL STATE TOURNAMENT

The UIL boys basketball state tournament from the Erwin Center in Austin March 6-8 will receive live television and webcast coverage on FOX Sports Southwest.

All semifinal games on Thursday, March 6 and Friday, March 7 will be webcast on FoxSportsSouthwest.com.

Championship games on Saturday, March 8 will be televised on FOX Sports Southwest Plus due to overlap programming on FOX Sports Southwest. The 5A title game will be carried on FOX Sports Southwests main channel in some markets. Check local listings.

FOX Sports Southwest Plus is a channel used by FOX Sports Southwest to simultaneously show multiple events on two channels and is available to all video providers that carry FOX Sports Southwest.

Please note, games televised on FOX Sports Southwest and FOX Sports Southwest Plus will not be webcast.

Fans can watch the scheduled webcasts on FoxSportsSouthwest.com by clicking on the UIL Championship banner located on the home page.

FOX Sports Southwest also will televise a one-hour UIL CHAMPIONSHIP SPOTLIGHT highlight show recapping the tournament on Wednesday, March 26 at 5:00 p.m. CT.

Replays are scheduled on Thursday, March 27 at 5:00 p.m. CT; Friday, March 28 at 2:00 p.m. CT; and Sunday, March 30 at 7:00 a.m. CT (Schedule subject to change. Check local listings).

Coverage Schedule

THURSDAY, MARCH 6

Time Game Broadcast

8:30 a.m. Boys 1A Division I Semifinal Webcast: FoxSportsSouthwest.com

10:00 a.m. Boys 1A Division I Semifinal Webcast: FoxSportsSouthwest.com

1:30 p.m. Boys 3A Semifinal Webcast: FoxSportsSouthwest.com

3:00 p.m. Boys 3A Semifinal Webcast: FoxSportsSouthwest.com

7:00 p.m. Boys 4A Semifinal Webcast: FoxSportsSouthwest.com

8:30 p.m. Boys 4A Semifinal Webcast: FoxSportsSouthwest.com

FRIDAY, MARCH 7

Time Game Broadcast

8:30 a.m. Boys 2A Semifinal Webcast: FoxSportsSouthwest.com

10:00 a.m. Boys 2A Semifinal Webcast: FoxSportsSouthwest.com

1:30 p.m. Boys 1A Division II Semifinal Webcast: FoxSportsSouthwest.com

3:00 p.m. Boys 5A Semifinal Webcast: FoxSportsSouthwest.com

7:00 p.m. Boys 1A Division II Semifinal Webcast: FoxSportsSouthwest.com

8:30 p.m. Boys 5A Semifinal Webcast: FoxSportsSouthwest.com

SATURDAY, MARCH 8

Time Game Broadcast

8:30 a.m. Boys 1A Division I Championship FOX Sports Southwest Plus

10:00 a.m. Boys 3A Championship FOX Sports Southwest Plus

1:30 p.m. Boys 2A Championship FOX Sports Southwest Plus

3:00 p.m. Boys 4A Championship FOX Sports Southwest Plus

7:00 p.m. Boys 1A Division II Championship FOX Sports Southwest Plus

8:30 p.m. Boys 5A Championship

FOX Sports Southwest/FSSW Plus*

* available in some markets on FOX Sports Southwest Plus due to overflow programming on FOX Sports Southwest. Check local listings.

Glad I will be able to watch Grapeland play online.

Teaching Sports Marketing has it's perks, as I can easily work it into lesson plans and justify having the state tournament stream all day on Thursday and Friday...

I don't see it anywhere on the DISH schedule yet ...

I looked for it last night so I could set my DVR to record the games during the day due to me having to work and the channel still doesn't have them. Does any body have an update on this? I have DIRECTV and I remember in '12 that Direct was not going to show the games on FSSW. Only Dish, Time Warner and Suddenlink showed them that year.

The semifinal games are only being webcast.

I wasn't referring to the semi-final webcast games. The Saturday championship games are suppose to be on televised on FSSW plus but they aren't on the Dish schedule anywhere that I can find.

I wasn't referring to the semi-final webcast games. The Saturday championship games are suppose to be on televised on FSSW plus but they aren't on the Dish schedule anywhere that I can find.

Okay. Well you said dates, plural, so wasn't sure you were aware.

Have faith brother, the games will be there.

Dish and DirecTV both have spot-beam capability. They can add channels just for particular areas when they want. Other parts of the country may not be able to see it. If they are indeed going to broadcast locally on FSSW+ then they will add the extra channel if needed. That way other parts of the country will continue to see the normal broadcast.

One added note is that they can also use more compression to get higher bandwidth for better quality for a broadcast as well as increasing that areas power level for getting through inclement weather.