16-3A Baseball Results and Standings

HHS90

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They played a one-game playoff on a school night? I didn't think that was allowed by the UIL. I thought you had to play Friday or Saturday if a one-gamer. Why the change?

That has never been a rule that I know of. Have seen 100's of 1 gamers on a school night. Oh, I've been coaching 22 yrs so its been a long time and I've never heard that rule.

When does North Lamar and Rains play? The winner of this game will take on SH in the Area Round!

R13 North Lamar (13-13-1) Vs. T14 Emory Rains (9-13) Game 1: May 2nd, 7:30, @Sulphur Springs Game 2: May 3rd, 12:00, @Sulphur Springs Game 3: May 3rd, After Game 2, @Sulphur Springs

How y'all doin' over here in the DOD these days, boyz? Haven't been here since football season(that was a good-un for us Argyllians) but I just wanted to check in to make sure y'all are still posting it up. Won't be long and this school year will be gone, but the memories for the seniors will live in infamy(for a long time). Some team over here in East Texas may get another game with the Argyllians in these baseball playoffs....if things go they way they have been going for the Eagles. Gilmer's been putting up the W's this season, and I reckon you can always look @ Spring Hill and Pleasant Grove as contenders in baseball. But this is a Kilgore thread, so your first year here in baseball in 3A for awhile....are the Bulldogs gonna contend in baseball??? I'ma watching this way cuz that's where it looks like the Region 2 competition is strongest this season. But look out for some upsets in these playoffs. There's a few other teams out there that can make hay in a 3-gamer.

How y'all doin' over here in the DOD these days, boyz? Haven't been here since football season(that was a good-un for us Argyllians) but I just wanted to check in to make sure y'all are still posting it up. Won't be long and this school year will be gone, but the memories for the seniors will live in infamy(for a long time). Some team over here in East Texas may get another game with the Argyllians in these baseball playoffs....if things go they way they have been going for the Eagles. Gilmer's been putting up the W's this season, and I reckon you can always look @ Spring Hill and Pleasant Grove as contenders in baseball. But this is a Kilgore thread, so your first year here in baseball in 3A for awhile....are the Bulldogs gonna contend in baseball??? I'ma watching this way cuz that's where it looks like the Region 2 competition is strongest this season. But look out for some upsets in these playoffs. There's a few other teams out there that can make hay in a 3-gamer.

As usual, we are the fly in the 16-3A Soup. After finishing off Van in two, we will see Pleasant Grove. I will hold my comments until that is over, either poking eyes with a sharp stick or will be on the 7on7 Thread.

Seeing Argyle again would be a lot of fun.

I've seen most of the East Texas 3A teams this season and IMO..... Pleasant Grove would be the toughest to beat in a 3 game series. They have a righty and a lefty who both touch 90 with good secondary stuff... great defense.... not a whole lot of "pop" in the lineup, but they can play small ball with the best of them.

The Gilmer/PG series will be interesting to watch because Gilmer is pretty salty as well. I just don't know that that Gilmer's #2 and #3 can match up with PG's rotation.

Interesting note to this week's playoff series games:

District 16 swept District 15

District 13 swept District 14

So this week all 4 series involve the teams from District 13 and 16.

Other than #16 Pleasant Grove, none of the other 7 teams are ranked.

Pleasant Grove didn't exactly cruise through district or demonstrate any dominance over the other teams of district 13. 9 of the 10 Pleasant Grove district games were decided by 1 or 2 runs, with them finishing with a 7-3 district record.

No one in district 16 dominated either. Every game was a battle for each team every week.

All these series should be very competative.

I've seen most of the East Texas 3A teams this season and IMO..... Pleasant Grove would be the toughest to beat in a 3 game series. They have a righty and a lefty who both touch 90 with good secondary stuff... great defense.... not a whole lot of "pop" in the lineup, but they can play small ball with the best of them.

The Gilmer/PG series will be interesting to watch because Gilmer is pretty salty as well. I just don't know that that Gilmer's #2 and #3 can match up with PG's rotation.

We've seen a lot of both teams the past 2 years (Paris beat Gilmer in a great 2012 bi-district series, lost last year's area round series which was almost as dramatic). I would never rule out PG, but Gilmer has the experience to take 'em out before the regional finals this year. It's the weakest-hitting PG lineup I've ever seen.