***OFFICIAL STATE TOURNAMENT THREAD***

Eagleborn

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my view. If you took the "second string" of Tatum and taught them how to handle the ball and play basketball like Ponder, Brock or Peaster that "second string" would beat Tatum eveytime. No doubt Tatum is athletic and just wear people down, but is that basketball?

lol

That makes zero sense! The same scenario can be used in reverse in try to get Ponder, Brock, and Peaster to full court press the whole game. Different styles for different programs. If you don't have the athletes you can't do what teams like Tatum and Kountze do, which is run the whole game!

Good job today by Tatum! Didn't let an off shooting performance effect their defense!! Bring it home tomorrow

Nope! My old coach always said no matter how bad of an offensive performance you have, if you play tough defense you'll give yourself a chance to win most of those games you're off...

That makes zero sense! The same scenario can be used in reverse in try to get Ponder, Brock, and Peaster to full court press the whole game. Different styles for different programs. If you don't have the athletes you can't do what teams like Tatum and Kountze do, which is run the whole game!

Makes zero sense? So you don't think an athletic team, that is just as fast as Tatum, and knew how to handle and pass the ball couldn't beat the press? Heck Ponder will beat it tomorrow, just imagine what they could do if they were as athletic as Tatum.

Makes zero sense? So you don't think an athletic team, that is just as fast as Tatum, and knew how to handle and pass the ball couldn't beat the press? Heck Ponder will beat it tomorrow, just imagine what they could do if they were as athletic as Tatum.

Imagine ??

Since we are imagining dumb and pointless stuff let us imagine what Ponder would be like in football.

Kountze is about as familiar with Tatum's pressure as anyone. In their game last weekend I think there were 60 turnovers... 36 for Tatum and 24 for Kountze. I think Kountze did fairly well except for the lapse they had in the 3rd quarter when they had about 4 turnovers in a row. All you need is a PG who can penetrate and create his own shot.

Kountze is about as familiar with Tatum's pressure as anyone. In their game last weekend I think there were 60 turnovers... 36 for Tatum and 24 for Kountze. I think Kountze did fairly well except for the lapse they had in the 3rd quarter when they had about 4 turnovers in a row. All you need is a PG who can penetrate and create his own shot.

such as Anderson from WO the last two years.

The Rockwell kids dad took a job transfer with his company to right outside of Tatum, so he is not a recruit. But as for kids from Longview and Marshall.............well who knows, I do.

Tatum vs Ponder, wow. On paper Ponder should win, but Tatum is very athletic and coach Carr will make adjustments, so you never know. I think it will go down to the wire with .....winning.

Recruit from Marshall and Longview?I think not better yet I know not!!! and that's a Fact!!

Tatum is now 3-0 all-time in state semi-final games.

Wins against Hempstead, Melissa and Bushland.

BUT, 0-2 in the finals.

Losses against Everman and Idalou.

Go get that Championship for Region 3! We'll take care of the streak next year... Lol!

That is untrue. Are you even down here?

No. Not till tomorrow. If I would of been there I would of asked for autograph.

Was just going on what I was told.

No biggie. It's still funny.

Never been. Hoops are the only state championships I've never been too.