***OFFICIAL STATE TOURNAMENT THREAD***

Eagleborn

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Water Valley wins 68-44

It's just not meant to be for the east Texas teams to win a state championship this year in boys basketball. :(

Foul trouble killed Laneville...Three players sitting with four fouls early in the third quarter

Kountze is about as familiar with Tatum's pressure as anyone. In their game last weekend I think there were 60 turnovers... 36 for Tatum and 24 for Kountze. I think Kountze did fairly well except for the lapse they had in the 3rd quarter when they had about 4 turnovers in a row. All you need is a PG who can penetrate and create his own shot.

Sounds like a very well played fundamental game. Bet this games was a beast to watch.

3 minutes left in the third Tatum led by 13. They shot 3 for 19 from the field the rest of the way.

So Tatum was up by 13 with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd and in the next 11 minutes they take 19 shots? That is over 1.5 shots a minute, not counting the time that Ponder had the ball. Tatum gave Ponder the opportunity to come back. Why not run time off the clock? These are things you work on during the regular season when up by 30 instead of seeing if you can get to a 100 on a weaker team.

I had the best seat in the house. Refs definitely changed their style of calling after the half.

Yep and Tatum continued to play their "style" and not adjust.

So Tatum was up by 13 with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd and in the next 11 minutes they take 19 shots? That is over 1.5 shots a minute, not counting the time that Ponder had the ball. Tatum gave Ponder the opportunity to come back. Why not run time off the clock? These are things you work on during the regular season when up by 30 instead of seeing if you can get to a 100 on a weaker team.

Good post.

I guess we figured "if it beat the number one team in the state at SFA, then why change it"

Carr blamed all that on the refs... Funny, seriously! Like he said it was just like the pot calling the kettle black.

Congrats though. At least y'all got a chance to play for it. Take a look at my profile pic.... That's what multiple State Championship trophies look like...

Carr blamed all that on the refs... Funny, seriously! Like he said it was just like the pot calling the kettle black.

Congrats though. At least y'all got a chance to play for it. Take a look at my profile pic.... That's what a multiple State Championship trophies look like...

Thats kinda a low blow ain't it lol,,,,....!!!!!

Congrats though. At least y'all got a chance to play for it. Take a look at my profile pic.... That's what multiple State Championship trophies look like...

I will say that is a very nice trophy case! Congratulations.

Did I blame the refs? No. I just said they changed their style of calling after the half

I really doubt that all 3 refs changed the way they called the game in the second half. But let's say they did. What adjustment did the Tatum coach make? Don't say none because that is how Tatum plays. That is an excuse for your inability to adjust. If a team is beating you at what you do best you don't just throw your hands up and say "oh well" and keep doing the same thing. A coach should see what the other team is doing and put his kids in the best position to win.

Also, the coach blaming the refs? Nice.

I really doubt that all 3 refs changed the way they called the game in the second half. But let's say they did. What adjustment did the Tatum coach make? Don't say none because that is how Tatum plays. That is an excuse for your inability to adjust. If a team is beating you at what you do best you don't just throw your hands up and say "oh well" and keep doing the same thing. A coach should see what the other team is doing and put his kids in the best position to win.

Also, the coach blaming the refs? Nice.

A. I'm not the coach

B. the game was called tighter

C. The coach can adjust. He was coaching in the state final unlike the other 126 teams who were in the first bracket.

I was referring to the press conference Tatum's coach gave blaming the refs. What adjustments did he make? Did he slow the ball down? Did he, if the game was called tighter, tell them to back off just a little?

I was referring to the press conference Tatum's coach gave blaming the refs. What adjustments did he make? Did he slow the ball down? Did he, if the game was called tighter, tell them to back off just a little?

Haven't heard a coach say "refs" that many times in a while....

Also, they didn't make adjustments because they only knew one style. They were criticized a lot in district play for running up the score when many people said they could have used that time to work on different game scenarios... Needless to say, those critics were correct!

Haven't heard a coach say "refs" that many times in a while....

Also, they didn't make adjustments because they only knew one style. They were criticized a lot in district play for running up the score when many people said they could have used that time to work on different game scenarios... Needless to say, those critics were correct!

Perhaps Kountze should work on their tied up game scenario. Shooting a ball with 10 seconds left....lol. Still butt hurt aren't you KHS. You and your buddy AggieareWe.

Perhaps Kountze should work on their tied up game scenario. Shooting a ball with 10 seconds left....lol. Still butt hurt aren't you KHS. You and your buddy AggieareWe.

You're right... I am actually still #### about that... Lol

Btw, AggiesareWe is a Silsbee guy. Y'all will have to deal with them next year so you'll see him again "if" Tatum makes the Regional tournament

Btw, AggiesareWe is a Silsbee guy. Y'all will have to deal with them next year so you'll see him again "if" Tatum makes the Regional tournament

That dude buried me on another websites forum, which you are a member of. Jerk couldn't say it to my face when he was sitting next to me for two days

Silsbee?

The team with same amount of state titles as Tatum?

Ok?

What adjustment did the Tatum coach make? Don't say none because that is how Tatum plays. That is an excuse for your inability to adjust. If a team is beating you at what you do best you don't just throw your hands up and say "oh well" and keep doing the same thing. A coach should see what the other team is doing and put his kids in the best position to win.

I was at the game and have watched it four times since I got home. I think Carr made numerous adjustments, just none of them worked. I give more credit to the Ponder kids refusing to lose than what adjustments Carr did or did not make.