***OFFICIAL STATE TOURNAMENT THREAD***

Eagleborn

I'm sorry. What game are you watching? Tatum disciplined? They can't shoot free throws. Yes I am impressed that they are fast. Should have a great track team.

who needs free throws when your making breakway layups man,all yall west texas teams always needing the refs help at the state tournament.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started watching with around five minutes left in the game. They handled the pressure well, made smart passes, took care of the ball, and all while burning time off the clock. They didn't settle for silly shots when I was watching. The team I saw in the fourth played disciplined basketball IMO. I'm not sure if there was a better way to go about it than how Tatum handled it.

OK

who needs free throws when your making breakway layups man,all yall west texas teams always needing the refs help at the state tournament.

"who needs free throws"..... Sounds like "Practice? You talking about practice? Who needs practice". No west texan here. But hey keep rolling that ball out there.

I don't know what all the fuss is about, they won game! And if this was a off game, then the Eagles will dominate Ponder tomorrow lol

I listened on the radio and it sounded like an off game all around to me. We missed a lot if shots that we generally make. Rockwell missed a lot 3s and our other guys were missing shots they usually make. It's part if the game. We got to make those shots tomorrow though.

I could've sworn that every respectable coach would teach their kids to go through a free throw routine.

Yes they would, you are correct. But I bet you they would want that routine to be as simple as possible.

Here is my view. If you took the "second string" of Tatum and taught them how to handle the ball and play basketball like Ponder, Brock or Peaster that "second string" would beat Tatum eveytime. No doubt Tatum is athletic and just wear people down, but is that basketball?

You don't have to beat me

lol

Here is my view. If you took the "second string" of Tatum and taught them how to handle the ball and play basketball like Ponder, Brock or Peaster that "second string" would beat Tatum eveytime. No doubt Tatum is athletic and just wear people down, but is that basketball?

lol

Really??

I would bet the coach would want that routine to be as comfortable as possible. The kid shooting should do what feels the best for him or her.

Or what he thinks looks cool. There is a difference.

Really??

so you agree?

Or what he thinks looks cool. There is a difference.

so you agree?

Was he doing some Harlem Globetrotter stuff? I doubt it. I've seen Tatum play and have never witnessed anything out of the ordinary. If you want to see an odd pre-shot free throw routine, go watch the Sutton girl from White Oak.

Oh and shout out to the cool dude wearing a Tatum shirt that said.

Tatum: recruiting from Longview to Maine.

Funny.

Hardly.

The Rockwell kids dad took a job transfer with his company to right outside of Tatum, so he is not a recruit. But as for kids from Longview and Marshall.............well who knows, I do.

Tatum vs Ponder, wow. On paper Ponder should win, but Tatum is very athletic and coach Carr will make adjustments, so you never know. I think it will go down to the wire with .....winning.

Bottom line.

Tatum is Tatum. They do what they do.

They don't try to be something they aren't. Look at the second half once they started slowing things down. Got sloppy.

Re: Free throws.... Wasn't typical from the line. Shot free throws for 45 minutes Wednesday at Baylor and again yesterday at a local area HS.

Was he doing some Harlem Globetrotter stuff? I doubt it. I've seen Tatum play and have never witnessed anything out of the ordinary. If you want to see an odd pre-shot free throw routine, go watch the Sutton girl from White Oak.

Girls are different.

The Rockwell kids dad took a job transfer with his company to right outside of Tatum, so he is not a recruit. But as for kids from Longview and Marshall.............well who knows, I do.

Tatum vs Ponder, wow. On paper Ponder should win, but Tatum is very athletic and coach Carr will make adjustments, so you never know. I think it will go down to the wire with .....winning.

It should be a good game. Ponder will have to play better than they did against AP.