District 20-3a Standings

softballman

Just received these from a buddy of mine in the district. So thought I would share with the world!

Anyone get to see any of these games??

Huntington 13 Jasper 0 #16 Huntington 1-0

Central 5 Diboll 2 #19 Central 1-0

Carthage 10 Center 4 #5 Carthage 1-0

Hudson BYE #2 Hudson 0-0

Diboll 0-1

Center 0-1

Jasper 0-1

Hudson @ Diboll

Carthage @ Huntington

Central @ Center

Jasper BYE

After Fridays games.

Huntington 4-0 Still has Diboll and Jasper

Hudson 2-1 lost to Huntington Still has Central, Center and Carthage

Carthage 2-1 lost to Huntington Still has Hudson, Central and Diboll

Central 2-2 lost to Huntington and Jasper Still has Carthage and Hudson

Diboll 1-2 lost to Central and Hudson Still has Huntington, Jasper and Carthage

Jasper 1-2 beat Central Still has Huntington, Diboll and Center

Center 0-4 Still has Hudson and Jasper

From a coach in the district...thanks for the info Coach!

Well, I made the haul over to Diboll to watch Erica Wright for the first time this year. Let me tell ya'll, there is a reason that she is going to Texas next year, she is the REAL DEAL!! Huntington won 12-0, Diboll did make a lot of errors and I couldn't tell ya how many walks. I totally forgot how "little" Diboll's field is, I bet its like 185-190 to left field. Its totally not a high school softball field at all. (UIL RULES) No wonder Hudson had some many homeruns???

The new rankings came out this morning as well

Huntington is now # 3

Carthage is now # 4

Hudson is now # 10

Standings..???

Huntington 5-0

Hudson 3-1 I think they play Carthage Friday and Central Tuesday...should be an interesting battle for 2-4 spot

Carthage 3-1 beat Central last night 12-0 (etsn)

Central 2-3

Diboll 1-3

Jasper 1-3

Center 0-4

Well, I made the haul over to Diboll to watch Erica Wright for the first time this year. Let me tell ya'll, there is a reason that she is going to Texas next year, she is the REAL DEAL!! Huntington won 12-0, Diboll did make a lot of errors and I couldn't tell ya how many walks. I totally forgot how "little" Diboll's field is, I bet its like 185-190 to left field. Its totally not a high school softball field at all. (UIL RULES) No wonder Hudson had some many homeruns???

The new rankings came out this morning as well

Huntington is now # 3

Carthage is now # 4

Hudson is now # 10

Standings..???

Huntington 5-0

Hudson 3-1 I think they play Carthage Friday and Central Tuesday...should be an interesting battle for 2-4 spot

Carthage 3-1 beat Central last night 12-0 (etsn)

Central 2-3

Diboll 1-3

Jasper 1-3

Center 0-4

She is the real deal..no doubt about that. I enjoy watching teams from all districts and sizes and let me tell you, this one will play out interestingly for sure...great talent among this district!

I have watched a lot of games in this district. This is going to be an interesting district at the end. Hudson, Diboll, Central and Jasper have played each other pretty close. Right now Huntington can not be beat!! Carthage has a pitcher that is just as good!! Friday night will show who is amongst the top 2 in district. Carthage will play Hudson. Carthage showed their dominance vs Central with a 12-0 BLOWOUT! Diboll, Hudson, Central and Jasper will battle it out for 3rd and 4th in district!

Well, I guess Carthage couldn't take care of business @ home vs Hudson. Carthage was up 1-0 in the top of the 5th, when Hudson put together a few hits. Then the same in the 6th inning and with the help of an error or 2. I guess Jasper beat Diboll???? Anyone know of the score or how? I thought Diboll looked pretty good this year when I watched them at Center last week. I know that Carthage goes to Diboll tomorrow and look to secure that # 3 spot after the 1st round! Judging from old scores on here, Carthage should walk right through Diboll. Hudson can lock up the # 2 spot with a big rivalry game vs Central. This shouldn't be a contest after watching Central last week vs Carthage and Hudson Friday night. That 4th spot could be Jasper?? Strange..

Well the "new" weekly softball standings came out this morning. Huntington has moved up to the # 2 spot!! Hudson has moved up to the # 6 spot!! Carthage has now moved down to the # 11 spot with the loss to Hudson last week.

Gametime: From my point of view on this district. Carthage does look like they will be the 3rd place team after the 1st round of district, BUT, Jasper did have them down 2-1 going into the 6th inning. AND. they have a "tough" game tonight vs Diboll. Diboll is very young this year and did have Jasper down 4-2 going into the 6th inning when they committed 5 errors on 1 base hit and Jasper scored 5 runs. (lufkin daily news) Central is now in survival mode with their 2nd pitcher out for the season. I honestly only see them winning 1 more game the rest of district vs Center and will probably be out of the playoff race very soon. Hudson should run right through them tonight.

Huntington will go undefeated this year and win district

Hudson "should" get 2nd in district unless something crazy happens

Jasper and Carthage should compete for this spot, with Carthage having the upper hand

Central, Diboll and Jasper will be playing for the 4th spot.

Gametime you sound like a Carthage homer so I will give your team the little advantage for 3rd.

Osup you sound like a Hudson homer so I will give your team the little advantage for 2nd.

I look for Jasper and Diboll to have a great 2nd round of district and give some teams some trouble. Just my opinion.

I am a Lufkin area softball FAN and love to keep up with "all" of these teams.

Looks like Central did the running last night. From Lufkin Daily News

When the Hudson Lady Hornets scored four runs in the bottom of the first inning, it looked as if it might be a short night for Central starting pitcher Jena Roland.

But Roland and the Lady Bulldogs bounced back, with the offense pounding out 13 runs on 15 hits and Rowland holding the Lady Hornets to just two more runs over the final six innings in the Lady ‘Dawgs’ 13-6 win Tuesday in Hudson.

I was at this game last night and yes it looked like it was going to be a blowout/run rule. Central decided to start playing Central softball and hitting the ball. I am telling ya, this district is holding up to its own. 4 or 5 teams out of this district would probably win or be in the top 2 spots in any other districts in this area. With Central winning last night, it puts them right back in the thick of things with Hudson, Carthage and Jasper. I heard that Diboll gave Carthage a good game last night as well. I think the score was 3-1. If Diboll can ever figure out how to win, they should be good. I didn't get my weekly email, so here is what I think the current standings are after the 1st round. Thats if Jasper beat Center?

Huntington 6-0

Hudson 4-2 beat Carthage

Carthage 4-2

Jasper 3-3 beat Central

Central 3-3

Diboll 1-5

Center 0-6

Carthage Bounces Back

DIBOLL — The Lady Dogs are back on the winning track after a loss Friday with a 3-1 win against a quality Diboll team in District 20-3A.

Carthage pitcher Samantha Clakley struck out 13 batters and allowed just one hit and four walks.

Lady Dogs batters combined for four hits through seven innings.

Read More: Tuesday’s Basebal + Softball Roundup: Lindale Baseball Controls 16-4A | http://etsn.fm/tuesdays-basebal-softball-roundup-lindale-baseball-controls-16-4a/?trackback=tsmclip

The Lady Dogs are back on the winning track after a loss Friday with a 3-1 win against a very quality Diboll team in District 20-3A. Carthage pitcher Samantha Clakley struck out 13 batters and allowed just 1 hit and 4 walks. Lady Dogs combined for 4 hits through 7 innings.

I made this loooooooong haul to Diboll last night and let me tell you, Diboll has improved so much from the years past. I am taking it that this is another new coach for them, but he seems to be doing a good job with these girls. They seemed very disciplined and you could tell that they have learned "something" from this guy!

Both pitchers had a no hitter going into the top of the 5th inning, when Carthage put together 2 straight hits with 2 outs and a passed ball that moved the runners to 2nd and 3rd. Then Reese hits a routine ground ball to the 2nd basemen that hit something in the infield and bounced OVER her head to score 2 runs for Carthage. Diboll got on the board in the bottom of the 5th with a leadoff walk (4, by the way of the game) and their only hit of the game down the left field line to score their lone run. Carthage got 2 more hits in the top of the 6th and 2 straight walks by Diboll scored another run for Carthage. Diboll had another chance to push a run across the board the 6th but a great double play by Carthage shut them down to finish the game. With the Hudson loss last night, Carthage is back in the hunt for 2nd place with Hudson.

Well the "new" weekly softball standings came out this morning. Huntington has moved up to the # 2 spot!! Hudson has moved up to the # 6 spot!! Carthage has now moved down to the # 11 spot with the loss to Hudson last week.

Gametime: From my point of view on this district. Carthage does look like they will be the 3rd place team after the 1st round of district, BUT, Jasper did have them down 2-1 going into the 6th inning. AND. they have a "tough" game tonight vs Diboll. Diboll is very young this year and did have Jasper down 4-2 going into the 6th inning when they committed 5 errors on 1 base hit and Jasper scored 5 runs. (lufkin daily news) Central is now in survival mode with their 2nd pitcher out for the season. I honestly only see them winning 1 more game the rest of district vs Center and will probably be out of the playoff race very soon. Hudson should run right through them tonight.

Jasper and Carthage should compete for this spot, with Carthage having the upper hand

Gametime you sound like a Carthage homer so I will give your team the little advantage for 3rd.

Osup you sound like a Hudson homer so I will give your team the little advantage for 2nd.

I look for Jasper and Diboll to have a great 2nd round of district and give some teams some trouble. Just my opinion.

Sounds like your logic might have to change a bit after what Central put on Hudson last night! Goes to show you that rankings and numbers technically mean nothing in a game of softball. Simply comes down to who wants it most on any given night!

Well we layed an egg last night - 8 errors - But give Central their dues - They came wanting to win. They are a very well coached team and hit the ball well. Hats off to Hudson sophmore Simone Berryhill. 6th and 7th innings were first innings she pitched since pulling hamstring in Nacogdoches tournament.

Huntington 7-0

Carthage 5-2

Hudson 4-2

Central 4-3

Jasper 3-4

Diboll 1-6

Center 0-7

Hunting won 11-0 vs Jasper, Central won 18-3 vs Diboll, Carthage won 10-0 vs Center, Hudson BYE

Tonight BIG GAME...Carthage @ Huntington. Huntington won round one 1-0 off a 2 out triple in the top of the 7th. Then a passed ball to score.

Center @ Central

Diboll @ Hudson