What if Jones Leaves PG, and other PG concerns.

HawkEye

No, I brought up recent data.. Of course Jones wanted to those kids to play football from 08-12, he was the defense coordinator.. Why wouldn't Jones want those kids to play, he does not want to lose. Now that he is out of football, the kids are out. That's all I showed.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I brought up recent data.. Of course Jones wanted to those kids to play football from 08-12, he was the defense coordinator.. Why wouldn't Jones want those kids to play, he does not want to lose. Now that he is out of football, the kids are out. That's all I showed.

but you are blaming jones because he is not in football now.....thaqt is just an absolute lie

WOW, I think this statement is worse than any other!!! You are saying Jones is an arrogant, selfish, and vendictive coach who cares nothing about what is best for the kids or the school. You dont know him at all. I promise you he attends more school sporting events than any other coach. He cares for the kids to much to be so selfish as to tell them not to play a sport....

NO WAY are you a JONES supporter after that hateful statement!!!!

I love facts....stated my facts but you only wanted to look at one year....that is not looking at all facts....that is only looking at the facts that fit your agenda

You did state facts. not recent but hey, they were facts.

PGHawkDad13 stated what is actually true for the recent past. He was spot on in his assessment & no one wants to see that.

The fact is that from 07-10 PG football averaged 42 players on Varsity & additional 60 or so on the subvarsity teams.

PG baseball during that time remained @ 12-15 per team per season.

Since the first championship in '10 baseball #'s have increased & Football has decreased. There were only about 70 playing football last year & about 60 playing baseball.

I am not stating that it is anyone's fault or problem. I am stating that it is a problem. My opinion, personally is that participation increases when the team is winning. The equal but opposite holds true for losing. PG has the kids for a competitive program IF most/all come out to play. I have nothing bad to say about anyone on the Staff @ PG. I think they are all leaders of young men & I think they do a good job at it. I sure would like to revisit this topic next year when/if the football team is successful. I think there will be a whole lot of band-waggoning going on.

PGHawkDad13 stated what is actually true for the recent past. He was spot on in his assessment & no one wants to see that.

The fact is that from 07-10 PG football averaged 42 players on Varsity & additional 60 or so on the subvarsity teams.

PG baseball during that time remained @ 12-15 per team per season.

Since the first championship in '10 baseball #'s have increased & Football has decreased. There were only about 70 playing football last year & about 60 playing baseball.

I am not stating that it is anyone's fault or problem. I am stating that it is a problem. My opinion, personally is that participation increases when the team is winning. The equal but opposite holds true for losing. PG has the kids for a competitive program IF most/all come out to play. I have nothing bad to say about anyone on the Staff @ PG. I think they are all leaders of young men & I think they do a good job at it. I sure would like to revisit this topic next year when/if the football team is successful. I think there will be a whole lot of band-waggoning going on.

I stated facts for many years not just one to fit an agenda....i also stated that football numbers have been decreasing for many years even when jones was coaching football.....baseball numbers will never go down as long as coach jones is at pg.....football numbers go down when the kids leave the eighth grade...if you dont believe those facts then do some research....those are the facts....when football starts winning and that will not be in the near future then maybe football numbers will go up but it is not because of baseball that football numbers are down....if you believe that then i have a bridge in san fransisco to sell you

I am glad that someone see's it the way that I did.

WOW, I think this statement is worse than any other!!! You are saying Jones is an arrogant, selfish, and vendictive coach who cares nothing about what is best for the kids or the school. You dont know him at all. I promise you he attends more school sporting events than any other coach. He cares for the kids to much to be so selfish as to tell them not to play a sport....

NO WAY are you a JONES supporter after that hateful statement!!!!

You're right. I sold my home and moved into the district with a kid that plays baseball because I hate Coach Jones. We should have used that as an UIL reason, "I transferred my kid in because I hate the head coach."

You're right. I sold my home and moved into the district with a kid that plays baseball because I hate Coach Jones. We should have used that as an UIL reason, "I transferred my kid in because I hate the head coach."

maybe you should think about selling the new home and then that will help the baseball numbers go down

I stated facts for many years not just one to fit an agenda....i also stated that football numbers have been decreasing for many years even when jones was coaching football.....baseball numbers will never go down as long as coach jones is at pg.....football numbers go down when the kids leave the eighth grade...if you dont believe those facts then do some research....those are the facts....when football starts winning and that will not be in the near future then maybe football numbers will go up but it is not because of baseball that football numbers are down....if you believe that then i have a bridge in san fransisco to sell you

I would be willing to bet that PG football starts winning this year. Would you? They are in a smaller classification & they have kids that have been working the triple option for 4 years now. I really think PG will do well this year.

I would be willing to bet that PG football starts winning this year. Would you? They are in a smaller classification & they have kids that have been working the triple option for 4 years now. I really think PG will do well this year.

They will if they can get the Jr high kids to keep playing, the 8th grade team last year was spectacular. Part of the problem is alot of the good football players leave, and go play other places. Just like other people who sell their house and move to PG for baseball.

They will if they can get the Jr high kids to keep playing, the 8th grade team last year was spectacular. Part of the problem is alot of the good football players leave, and go play other places. Just like other people who sell their house and move to PG for baseball.

Agreed on the 8th grade team from last year. One should also note that next years' Seniors have had a good track record as far as winning goes (with the exception of this past year) as had the incoming Juniors & Sophmores.

no i think they are probably two years away......this eighth grade team now is very good....they just have to find a way to keep them interested in football and keep playing.....

Rumor in town has it that Jones has decided to stay at PG...has anything official been announced?

Jones really is a good coach but its a shame PG lost their best baseball coach.

Jones gets all the spotlight since he is the head baseball coach but coach phillips

is the best pitching coach I have personally ever witnessed. PG's first year in the going

to state streak was Phillip's first year there..before that he was at LE and went to state 2

consecutive years. Phillips has been to the state baseball tournament the past 8 years for sure

and I heard he went with a school the year before he came to LE so that would make it 9.

but anyway, anything official been announced?

Phillips is the best pitching coach in the state in my opinion. Jones is the best defensive coach in the state and when you put those two together you have the formula to win championships. They went together and both knew what it took to win. No matter what anybody says pitching and defense wins championships and that's what they did in the 6 years they coached together

PG will start tuning up this week for the 7th Straight Trip Austin. Everyone knows what needs to be done to get there and the Hawks will out hustle and out work any of their opposition and not to forget Coach Jones will have HIS team better prepared mentally and physically. THEY WILL BE READY!!! So let's get it on.

Hawks face Genoa today. They drink from the same Baseball water, should be a good game.

Those of you wondering, the North Lamar search is over, and that means Craig Jones will remai in Pleasant Grove, much to the chagrin of opposing teams. ;p

Apparently Genoa does drink the same baseball water that we do. Losing to them for third straight time last night. You would think at some point we could figure out how to beat them.

winning this game does not mean as much to pg as it does genoa.....jones is still out there coaching and teaching....if it were a must win for pg they would pitch their number one pitcher the whole game and I dont even think they pitched their number one at all....this is not to say that pg doesn't want to win the game because they do very much....winning the first district game friday is way more important than beating genoa...pg number one will pitch that game because it means alot more because it is district

PG did not throw their ace pitcher because he was suspended for the game. He was set up to throw, and was then pulled over the weekend and suspended. He did not play in the game at all. It is also the same pitcher that Genoa beat last year apparently.

He is also not throwing on Friday according to my son, and was never going to throw on Friday.

PG did not throw their ace pitcher because he was suspended for the game. He was set up to throw, and was then pulled over the weekend and suspended. He did not play in the game at all. It is also the same pitcher that Genoa beat last year apparently.

He is also not throwing on Friday according to my son, and was never going to throw on Friday.

Any idea what the suspension was for? Who is gonna pitch the opener? No doubt PG will be seeing the Rigsby kid from LE on Friday......

well like i said pg never throws their ace in that game......they will start their best pitcher in the district game

Is the ace the righty or the lefty?