District 22-A

trueblue82

Allow me to clarify,dearest mania, the ENTIRE softball team have all gone to Beckville since AT LEAST 6th grade if not before, with the exception of a girl who moved here last year at the beginning of the school year from Marshall (after the state took the Marshall district over ). If you would like me to, I can get out an annual and list each girl and how long they have attended BISD.Anything to help out.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allow me to clarify,dearest mania, the ENTIRE softball team have all gone to Beckville since AT LEAST 6th grade if not before, with the exception of a girl who moved here last year at the beginning of the school year from Marshall (after the state took the Marshall district over ). If you would like me to, I can get out an annual and list each girl and how long they have attended BISD.Anything to help out.

+1

Last time I checked, nobody at last years state tournament is in Beckville's region. I'm not a Beckville homer, but they pass the eye test. Better than anyone in their REGION.

I agree, they are the favorite to win it until someone beats them. That's an uphill battle for anyone.

now t-dub, no need to be getting yourself all worked up....hope you enjoyed that big game last night...congrats!

And I had $$ on Martinsville :(:(........

NOT!!

I have never seen the Martinsville team play......but hey I commend them for sticking it out game after game...like stated before, not every school is fortunate enough to be stacked with girls just waiting on the bench to play that are just as good if not better than the ones who start ahead of them

Not worked up at all. Just letting you know your "accusation" doesn't have a leg to stand on. And thanks on the win last night...

No accusations, dearest t-dub...people don't usually jump like that without good reasoning behind it..wonder what would make a kid from Marshall drive to Beckville, Hallsville would seem more fitting if it's a state take over issue, but I know the competition there is fierce..some very talented ladies...you're quite welcome..makes the stat books look impressive to say the least

No accusations, dearest t-dub...people don't usually jump like that without good reasoning behind it..wonder what would make a kid from Marshall drive to Beckville, Hallsville would seem more fitting if it's a state take over issue, but I know the competition there is fierce..some very talented ladies...you're quite welcome..makes the stat books look impressive to say the least

Hallsville has an outstanding program, kid wouldn't get ANY playing time there. Guess that's why the parents chose Beckville, because they REALLY needed the help, right?

I think it was probably the fact she wanted to be a Bearcat instead of a Bobcat...and maybe she liked our school colors more....and she wanted to travel on a bus to far, far away lands like Martinsville ( and LaPoyner and Martins Mill in basketball).... and maybe she knew more Becks than she did Halls.....but these are all pure speculation .

Hallsville has an outstanding program, kid wouldn't get ANY playing time there. Guess that's why the parents chose Beckville, because they REALLY needed the help, right?

They do indeed have an outstanding program...great coaching...extremely solid team from top to bottom.. I'm sure that is the exact reason they chose Beckville...or it could be they enjoy the scenic drive daily..lol

I think it was probably the fact she wanted to be a Bearcat instead of a Bobcat...and maybe she liked our school colors more....and she wanted to travel on a bus to far, far away lands like Martinsville ( and LaPoyner and Martins Mill in basketball).... and maybe she knew more Becks than she did Halls.....but these are all pure speculation .

Oh yes, I'm sure school colors and fun fun bus rides had everything to do with it...I'm quite positive she knew more Becks and had for years...but hey I'm sure that is all speculation as well

Timpson 8

Chireno 0.

I think this leaves the district like this, with the first round complete:

Beckville on top at 6-0.

Joaquin, Shelbyville, and Timpson tied for 2nd at 5-2. (Provided Shelbyville won, they had to have played Martinsville or Gary.) Joaquin beat Shelbyville and lost to Timpson. Timpson lost to Shelbyville. Joaquin opens up the 2nd round of district play, I believe Tuesday, vs. Shelbyville. That will be a HUGE game.

I don't have a clue on the records for Gary, Martinsville, or Chireno.