Wells offered and accepts AD/FB Coaching Job at Liberty-Eylau...

Smoaky

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First when he was a rookie 20 odd years ago and only for what 2 yes.

But you have to look at it this way we have some coaches and coordinators who really need the boot do you think he has the guts to do it after working with these guys?

Plus they put together this huge committee and if they were gonna hire inside all that was unnecessary

you guys sure are sensitive. I am sure everybody knows it is his site and he can do what he wants. I havent bashed any coach on this site. In fairness to all that post on his forum there is more than the coaches side of these situations. How about looking out for these student athletes . Deleting informative post makes you guys look like your taking sides.

Lol ok guy.

Deleted was the word! Removed so no one can see ! Not in archives for later reviews. Some people cant handle the truth. Delete it so no one can see what we are really up to. Its not hard to figure out this is a pro coach forum. Its disappointing that so many coaches turn a blind eye to some of the things their peers do to these student athletes and programs. A lot of coaches do a great job but many are tarnishing the profession with politics and selflishness ! Every decision made by coach should be what's best for student athletes!

The post wasn't deleted, it was moved to the section for "moved posts," and that's what we always do when I enter a new, fresh thread on the same topic or subject.

And, most of the time it's from a coaching search thread being outdated and replaced with a coach actually being hired thread.

If you want the topic sent to you or anyone else, send me your email address. But, to claim it was moved for reasons other than being old and outdated is ridiculous and misinformed.

David Smoak

[email protected]

[email protected]

To all you great coaches that did not apply for the Liberty Eylau AD job you guys just missed out on the best group of kids in the state in the greatest community in the state! Steve Wells just got the next state champions! Rumor has it you guys didnt apply because of negative social media? Let me clear some things up this is a super community with alot of great and supportive citizens! We have nice homes and subdivisions available. We are five minutes from anywhere in texarkana . Texarkana has all the food , shopping and amenities you can ask for. We have a good school district with good teachers. So the next time this job is open , dont listen to the negative social media take a drive visit LE and decide for yourself. But the job probably wont come open until Wells retires we are always loaded with talent ! Why leave paradise?

Liberty- Eylau has the worst football stadium in Texarkana. I have heard all the reasons why this is the case.

Until the L-E community comes together and pushes for either a new stadium or massive renovations to the current stadium, it will be hard to get some coaches interested in applying for L-E football jobs.

Let's hope the new coach can work with L-E community to get something done to improve the stadium.

Does anyone know of any current efforts to improve the stadium ?

I highly doubt that social media "scared" coaches away. I think most thought they would stay inside because of LE's past. The majority of schools hire inside when the head coach leaves on their own with a decent record. Also like the above post said, I think facilities and pay was an issue. I still think it's one of the best jobs in the state!

As far was Wells retiring there...let's hope he's fixed some personal issues where he can make retiring at LE a possibility. Best of luck to him!

Until the L-E community comes together and pushes for either a new stadium or massive renovations to the current stadium,

Key words community

agree... could have swore you blamed the previous coaching staffs for poor facilities, but glad you have seen the light...

Just curious, but why do you not consider him an "inside guy"?

Not sure I consider him and inside guy either. He has been at LE for 6 months or so. Set plenty of offensive records this year for the qb's. I guess you can say inside because he has been there for a few months but that may be a good thing, he may know immediately what changes need to be made. JMO

would love to have renovations but football is meant to be played on GRASS. inside hires don't make major changes. they cant let coaches go they been working with . percentages suggest inside hires do not bring about any change at all just business as usual. inside hired usually kept because they play politics and can be controlled and manipulated by superintendent , school board members , principals, staff teachers and other coaches to play their kids and give them awards. if they have a known skeleton in closet they are really easy to control. The LE community coming together is not the problem. our board is elected to support and represent the community but they use a consulting firm for many decisions . these consultants don't know anything about our community so why are they helping our board make decisions about hiring and important issues?

Man it's worthless lol LE will never change your points couldn't get any better but hey if they want to be mediocre so be it we might as well consolidate with TISD lol both schools hire coaches principles etc... On the inside

I'd like to know why he left lol, found some film from his tenure there and I see that we run the same offense they had but he didint have much of a defensive coordinator tho

Liberty- Eylau has the worst football stadium in Texarkana. I have heard all the reasons why this is the case.

Until the L-E community comes together and pushes for either a new stadium or massive renovations to the current stadium, it will be hard to get some coaches interested in applying for L-E football jobs.

Let's hope the new coach can work with L-E community to get something done to improve the stadium.

Does anyone know of any current efforts to improve the stadium ?

Ever thought about playing some of the home games at a nearby stadium that is playing away on that Friday?