Lone Oak 9-1

Commerce 9-1

Alba-Golden 7-3

Edgewood 5-5

Winnsboro 4-6

Grand Saline 3-7

Quitman 1-9

Como 1-9

Should be AG at 8-2 if we didnt have had an idiot umpire in the Commerce game that apparently was auditioning for the WCWS and calls 10 illegal pitches and then magically she fixes herself and he quits calling them.Gotta give LO their due other than us allowing 1 girl to hit 5 HR on us,they are pretty good.

Lone Oak beat Commerce 4-3 which puts them a game ahead of Commerce and 2 ahead of A-G with 3 games remaining. LO holds the tiebreaker over both teams.

Standings w/ 3 games left

1. LO 10-1

2. Commerce 9-2

3. A-G 8-3

4. EWood 6-5

5. Winnsboro 5-6

6. GS 3-8

7. Quitman -eliminated

8. Como -eliminated

Final Standings

1. Lone Oak (13-1)

2. Commerce (12-2)

3. Alba Golden (10-4)

4. Ewood (7-7)

Commerce and Lone Oak should get either Kemp or Scurry Rosser in bi-district.

A-G plays Palmer

EW vs Malakoff

Looks like the Palmer team may be a good test for the Lady Panthers,hope the girls have their minds right.Anyone know the location,be cool to play Mineola for a warmup.

• 4 weeks later...

Lady Buffs, District Champs, punched their ticket to Austin last night. Proud of my cousin, Coach Cummings and these young ladies. Have only got to see a few games this season, but have enjoyed getting to know some of the parents, grandparents, and fans. Special thank you to the "sweet ladies" who took in my dad, Coach Randy and Kerri Cumming's uncle, last evening at Grand Saline. We got home safe and sound...he was telling my mom about those "sweet ladies" from Lone Oak and how they took care of him this morning at breakfast.