14-4A Baseball

Cletus

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the same kids we had on the bump as last year. Kelly was a first team all district pitcher last year, just struggled to throw strikes last night. Grubbs has looked good early but has some shoulder issues and is out right now. No-we don't have another Kopech, but we should be fine. The kid Marshall threw was not bad either.

Well got to see first hand how impressive the pitcher from Mount Pleasant was last night. They will be very tough to beat when the cylinders are all moving. I wonder if any THIGH folks would care to compare the MP kid to Slade? Different players obviously but both with amazing talent.

I would have to say yes, not to take anything away from several good arms in the District, but it would be hard to argue against Kopech. Hallsville has Reich and Weaver, Texas High has Fant, Marshall has a pretty good one in Bilinoski, the Sophomore from SS must have been pretty good Tuesday night, I guess PT's ace would be Cravey and he is not bad either. Lots of good pitching this year.

Standings with one game remaining in 1st round.

Hallsville 3-1 (plays Texas High Friday)

Marshall 2-2 (plays at SS Friday)

Pine Tree 2-2 (plays at MP Friday)

Texas High 2-2 (plays Hallsville Friday)

Mount Pleasant 2-2 (plays PT Friday)

Sulphur Springs 1-3 (plays Marshall Friday)