coaches who move around a lot

blitzem

I saw this topic on another site and thought it was interesting. What is your opinion of a coach who has moved around a lot? Ok as long as he's being promoted every time or do you think they should stay put awhile no matter what?

Like I said, this is just for fun. A hypothetical situation.

Bottom line, to me at least, is a coach has to do what's best for his/her family.

Moving around every two years or only twice in 30 years.

Just as long as they aren't moving around to avoid bootcamp.

Nice!!!! LMAO

In this day in time its hard for a football coach to stay anywhere more than just a few years. I've known a lot of good guys fired or run off just because they make the wrong daddy mad. Kind of like Superintendents. Very few Supt with more than 10 years at a school.

That's very true oldhornet. I guess I was thinking more of position coaches/coordinators working their way up. But it is very rare these days for a head coach to hang around too long. Like you said, everybody makes enemies if they stick around too long. Even a coach with multiple titles won't make everyone happy. Sad, but true.

That is what our profession has turn out to be. It was started in the pros and then to college. Coaches getting fired after one or two bad seasons. Now fans and some school boards think the coaches need to go after two bad seasons. It has NOTHING to do about the young men we are forming to last them a LIFE time. We teach them many things that their parents SHOULD teach them.

Can understand a coach switching jobs for the right $$$, however stability is probably one of the best attributes a coach can possess..especially in the college ranks.

Gotta love the John King's/Andy Evans/Jeff Taylor's of the world.

Can understand a coach switching jobs for the right $$$, however stability is probably one of the best attributes a coach can possess..especially in the college ranks.

Gotta love the John King's/Andy Evans/Jeff Taylor's of the world.

JB Haggerty in Tatum has been there almost 30 years

JB Haggerty in Tatum has been there almost 30 years

Was just referring to HC's in that post.

Plenty of assistance on Longview's staff as well who's been there a while. RB/FB Coach Oscar Wilson has been at Longview going on 35 years. In fact much of the staff that took over in '04 is still there and a few others who came in around '06.

Was just referring to HC's in that post.

Plenty of assistance on Longview's staff as well who's been there a while. RB/FB Coach Oscar Wilson has been at Longview going on 35 years. In fact much of the staff that took over in '04 is still there and a few others who came in around '06.

wonder if he(wilson) ever desired to be a head coach...

He and CJ (Curtis Jones) were like father figures to many of us. Believe they woulda been exceptional heads...especially CJ

+1

That is what our profession has turn out to be. It was started in the pros and then to college. Coaches getting fired after one or two bad seasons. Now fans and some school boards think the coaches need to go after two bad seasons. It has NOTHING to do about the young men we are forming to last them a LIFE time. We teach them many things that their parents SHOULD teach them.

Coach Robinson moves around a lot. Usually he moves up and down the sideline but sometimes he moves clean out on the field. Ive even seen him get two sideline warnings from them refs before.

I saw him jump up and down some when they played the Rams last year, too, Doomy. He's got a pretty good vertical!

Coach Robinson moves around a lot. Usually he moves up and down the sideline but sometimes he moves clean out on the field. Ive even seen him get two sideline warnings from them refs before.

some said that the reason he was moving up and down the sideline was to warn Doomer to stay back and not antagonize & hollow at the refs.