11.42 7th Grade 100 Meter

purprleragedad

Was at a jh track meet last night and saw probably one of the best 100 meter dash races. Was 7th grade boys....Aledo, Everman, and Mineral Wells "I think"....top 3 kids ALL ran 11.5 or better...and YES the relays were just as exciting.....not since the "OLD DAYS" of East Texas Tony Jones and Steve Loftin 100 meter races....those were some EPIC RACES....yes I will have to put the Blanton//Cosby....100 and 200 meter regional qualifiers meet up there....well Blanton "smoked" both Quincy AND QUAN.....not even a race...was "enough room to drive a semi thru"...between Blanton and Cosby.

Loftin could fly!

He ran track during the "All Day Saturday" Track meet era....... Coach Lovelady and Cooper would put Loftin in the 5th or 6th heat of the 100....against the Linemen guys and he would scorch them....was UGLY.......then in finals would SCORCH whom ever he ran against......"supposedly"...Smoaky has the film when he "walked down" the Refurio flash....Willie Mac Garza......"supposedly" smoaky got him at the 100 meter mark on a rolling 100 in under 10!!!!!...yes yes Loftin was special...what "scarey"....THIS kid is actually faster than steve was in 7th grade....He only ran 11.8 in 7th grade....and didn't get his "SPEED" until he raced Tony Jones at the DISTRICT MEET his sophmore year.....barely got beat in finals....then beat him in the regional finals and at state his sophmore year....then for the next 3 scored 40 points at each state meet.....which won the meet in 1985....the 2nd coming of NOAH rain storm year!!!!!...didn't find out we won till 2:30 on Sunday morn.....had to have a "special meeting" at the announcers box on the field for any coach to sign a petition if there was anyone in opposition of running on Sunday....Rules STRICTLY stated NO EVENTS AFTER 12:00 Midnight Sat....

He ran track during the "All Day Saturday" Track meet era....... Coach Lovelady and Cooper would put Loftin in the 5th or 6th heat of the 100....against the Linemen guys and he would scorch them....was UGLY.......then in finals would SCORCH whom ever he ran against......"supposedly"...Smoaky has the film when he "walked down" the Refurio flash....Willie Mac Garza......"supposedly" smoaky got him at the 100 meter mark on a rolling 100 in under 10!!!!!...yes yes Loftin was special...what "scarey"....THIS kid is actually faster than steve was in 7th grade....He only ran 11.8 in 7th grade....and didn't get his "SPEED" until he raced Tony Jones at the DISTRICT MEET his sophmore year.....barely got beat in finals....then beat him in the regional finals and at state his sophmore year....then for the next 3 scored 40 points at each state meet.....which won the meet in 1985....the 2nd coming of NOAH rain storm year!!!!!...didn't find out we won till 2:30 on Sunday morn.....had to have a "special meeting" at the announcers box on the field for any coach to sign a petition if there was anyone in opposition of running on Sunday....Rules STRICTLY stated NO EVENTS AFTER 12:00 Midnight Sat....

I remember when he ran, his head wouldn't move an inch! Pure beast!

Loftin sounds fast. What became of him? Did he run in college?

Hookem.....the boy was fast...not a "great" 40....( 4.3-4.4) but after 44.5 yds HE WOULD FLY!!!!!!....went to A and M and played football then went and played in NFL...Patriots and I believe the Jags....Last I heard he was in Dallas selling cars......

Hookem.....the boy was fast...not a "great" 40....( 4.3-4.4) but after 44.5 yds HE WOULD FLY!!!!!!....went to A and M and played football then went and played in NFL...Patriots and I believe the Jags....Last I heard he was in Dallas selling cars......

Glad he enjoyed some professional success. And yes, there is a difference between being quick AND fast.

Didn't he start out with the Pheonix Cardinals? I think it was Panthers instead of Jags, I have his football card with Carolina, wish I could get it signed some day. I remember he would be up at the little league fields from time to time during baseball when I was little.

Didn't he start out with the Pheonix Cardinals? I think it was Panthers instead of Jags, I have his football card with Carolina, wish I could get it signed some day. I remember he would be up at the little league fields from time to time during baseball when I was little.

Does he have kids in school at Alto? They would fit right in!

Was at a jh track meet last night and saw probably one of the best 100 meter dash races. Was 7th grade boys....Aledo, Everman, and Mineral Wells "I think"....top 3 kids ALL ran 11.5 or better...and YES the relays were just as exciting.....not since the "OLD DAYS" of East Texas Tony Jones and Steve Loftin 100 meter races....those were some EPIC RACES....yes I will have to put the Blanton//Cosby....100 and 200 meter regional qualifiers meet up there....well Blanton "smoked" both Quincy AND QUAN.....not even a race...was "enough room to drive a semi thru"...between Blanton and Cosby.

I was there. In Aledo, right? It was a good one.