District 20-A

LLIONPRIDE

I think the same guy is there. I know they've lost quite a few games this year and are very young.

The games that they have lost have have been in tournaments to bigger schools...challenged themsleves instead of hunting down easy tournaments in the area to go win and sweep...they aren't very young..they do have some new players this year..but alot of the girls you see have been on the team for several years now. Being young has nothing to do with a good team...

I've seen Harleton several times. I wouldn't say playing in the Marshall tournament is exactly "challenging" themselves. They have given up a lot of runs (which they didn't do last year). Their upperclassmen are not leaders and are in consistent. And there is a difference between a 14 year old girl and an 18 year old young woman. Their youth shows. I'm unbiased, but it's Beckville's region to lose.

Slocum squeeked one out against AppleSprings on Tuesday night 7-6.

Wow...Bad night?

I think the district as a whole is due for an upswing. I know Grapeland is young for the most part, but has a few veteran players that aren't bad. Lovelady is young, and has a lot to look forward to over there.

As a whole, I think this district will be back to the levels they were about 4-5 years ago when any of the playoff teams could contend for a regional crown.

I agree. Two big games coming up for Lovelady over the next week. We are at Slocum Friday night and host Grapeland next Tuesday night. Gonna be a fun week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a good week. Wish I could make the trip up there...Been too long since I have seen any of those teams.

• 2 weeks later...